Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

White LS crystal will be available in 1.5 but...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
White LS crystal will be available in 1.5 but...

pisauron
10.24.2012 , 06:23 AM | #11
I think its the lesser of evil this way.

I have 2 white expertise crystal +41 and the box solution is imo better them some crafter having schematic for it or peopl buying it direcly from cc shop.
Hope its not reversible like the other crystals there, although it is boe
www.pisauron.com - My Youtube channel

Alec_Fortescue
10.24.2012 , 08:36 AM | #12
I damn hope for them to be r/eable. I am boycottin the cartel packs and if they're the only way to obtain the white crystal i am strongly against it. I am going to use my funds I gathered over the past months to purchase and r/e the white crystals from players in order to learn the schematic and distribute it to everyone for super-mega-ultra-low fee (for my standards) of 100k per craft ad make everyone happy on ToFN. NO to the cartel packs!
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

uziforyou
10.24.2012 , 09:33 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cruncherctg View Post
I sure hope it isn't. When I bought it I was under the impression that it was something that would be removed forever and only the earliest players who bought it would have it.
Uh oh, that would mean you wouldn't be a special snowflake anymore............heaven forbid!!
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

Telanis
10.24.2012 , 10:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Cruncherctg View Post
I sure hope it isn't. When I bought it I was under the impression that it was something that would be removed forever and only the earliest players who bought it would have it.
They said it wouldn't be removed forever at the time. I want rare/unique stuff too, but at the time my server had about 40 people and you couldn't make money apart from dailies ... I was only able to afford the cheapest white one, so I appreciate the chance to get a couple better ones.

OMGitsCHARLIE
10.24.2012 , 11:17 AM | #15
I disapprove of this thread. I want my whites to be exclusive. Hmmph. I was on TV too telanis and I grinded dailies everyday to get mine :P

As long as the drop rate is ultra rare, I'd be fine.
yummies - cleavette - moo'shu - i'm'faddycakes

Alec_Fortescue
10.24.2012 , 11:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by OMGitsCHARLIE View Post
I disapprove of this thread. I want my whites to be exclusive. Hmmph. I was on TV too telanis and I grinded dailies everyday to get mine :P

As long as the drop rate is ultra rare, I'd be fine.
I heard other crystals can be r/ed. If this applies to white then it won't be rare once I get my hands on it >: )
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

MonkeyCannon
10.24.2012 , 01:32 PM | #17
Why cry about this? Most of you that got one did not have to work hard for it. Some of you paid for it and it was expensive but not impossible at all to get. The crystal is purely cosmetic. Are you afraid of losing your imaginary status symbol?

Start crying when real gear that does take hard work to get (like WH or Campaign gear) can be bought with cartel coins.

Mancer
10.24.2012 , 01:54 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MonkeyCannon View Post
Why cry about this? Most of you that got one did not have to work hard for it. Some of you paid for it and it was expensive but not impossible at all to get. The crystal is purely cosmetic. Are you afraid of losing your imaginary status symbol?

Start crying when real gear that does take hard work to get (like WH or Campaign gear) can be bought with cartel coins.
I have 2 on my marauder. You think obtaining 5mil wasnt hard?? Maybe not for some but it was for me ** shrug**.

Edit: who's crying? I truly do not see that here.
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

OMGitsCHARLIE
10.24.2012 , 01:57 PM | #19
grinding 5m for the two on my sent was harder than gearing up my sent in full black hole/campaign.
yummies - cleavette - moo'shu - i'm'faddycakes

MazakMatsura
10.24.2012 , 02:03 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I know. Why was Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 able to handle their f2p shops and make gambling boxes content totally reasonable...?
Guild Wars 1 never had "Gambling Boxes" in their shop. Only Cosmetic items, expansions, skill/pet unlock packs, and character slots.

---

On topic: It's nice to see the return of white crystals, however it's cheap tactics. Introduce the white crystal, players want them, take them away, make players go crazy trying to acquire them, later give them a little chance of receiving one if they pay up.

Those are the same tactics Mc Donalds uses for the Mc Rib.
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013