Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sin Tank needs accuracy?

KillerSwordz's Avatar


KillerSwordz
10.11.2012 , 02:55 PM | #1
Will be hitting 50 within a week or so, and wanted an idea of some basic stats?

1. I hear that sin/shadow tanks are avoidance tanks. I may be wrong, but my understanding of that is that def and absorption would be our primary stats. If that is true I would like to know what are some basic stats/ratings i should try to achieve with respect to defense, shield, and absorption.

2. Also, is accuracy even important for sin tanks? I ahve a guardian tank whose accuracy is ~90%. The tradeoff is getting higher accuracy is some amount of def/shield/abs so is there any value in accuracy?

BlznSmri's Avatar


BlznSmri
10.11.2012 , 03:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by KillerSwordz View Post
Will be hitting 50 within a week or so, and wanted an idea of some basic stats?

1. I hear that sin/shadow tanks are avoidance tanks. I may be wrong, but my understanding of that is that def and absorption would be our primary stats. If that is true I would like to know what are some basic stats/ratings i should try to achieve with respect to defense, shield, and absorption.

2. Also, is accuracy even important for sin tanks? I ahve a guardian tank whose accuracy is ~90%. The tradeoff is getting higher accuracy is some amount of def/shield/abs so is there any value in accuracy?
1. Ideally, shoot for 30/50/60 (D/S/A).

2. No, no accuracy at all.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

Wanjagenrich's Avatar


Wanjagenrich
10.11.2012 , 03:22 PM | #3
Since your Tanking rotation will be Shock-Wither-Discharge-Shock-force lightning or similar, you will only use force attacks, which dont need accuracy. The only exception will be assassinate (and your strike filler, but who cares), so you dont have to worry about accuracy.

PvP is a different story though, but I guess you were asking about pve right?

Simmerr's Avatar


Simmerr
10.12.2012 , 01:04 PM | #4
I still like having 6-8% accuracy on my sin tank. Even if you only use thrash and saber strike marginally, I've found that saber strike misses roughly 20% of the time on an ops dummy. So when you're OOF and losing threat, it's nice to know you'll actually hit with the attacks you're using. Plus assassinates and thrashes that miss have no chance to proc energize for your shocks.

KillerSwordz's Avatar


KillerSwordz
10.21.2012 , 03:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BlznSmri View Post
1. Ideally, shoot for 30/50/60 (D/S/A).

2. No, no accuracy at all.
Is this for a sin/shadow tank? I know these numbers 30/50/60 are good for a guardian tank, but for a sin/shadow tank, its EASY to hit 50% shield chance. Those above #s dont sound the "best" for a sin tank. Unless you meant 30/60/50?

sankalp's Avatar


sankalp
10.21.2012 , 08:45 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KillerSwordz View Post
Is this for a sin/shadow tank? I know these numbers 30/50/60 are good for a guardian tank, but for a sin/shadow tank, its EASY to hit 50% shield chance. Those above #s dont sound the "best" for a sin tank. Unless you meant 30/60/50?
30/50/60 is without dark ward.

i go for 28/50/63 myself . With DW it becomes 28/70/63

Griad's Avatar


Griad
10.22.2012 , 05:24 AM | #7
Atm i have around 36% defense, 65% shield chance and 55% absorb could go more absorb but i dont seem to have any problems
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

KillerSwordz's Avatar


KillerSwordz
10.23.2012 , 12:28 PM | #8
@Sankalp That makes much more sense.

What I am aiming for is the ability to take not take very spikey damage. From my understanding sin tanks are avoidance tanks so wouldnt their defense be their most advantageous stat?. From what Im gathering about the the 30/50/60 is that they are taking the beating but mitigating it more than avoiding the chance they get hit in the first place. I'm still a newbie when it comes to sin tanks, so any advice is appreciated