Sith Assassin Detailed Deception Guide

ydenneksirhc

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good info but I honestly already played my Dec assassin EXACTLY like you...kind of weird, even some of our skills are in the same slots.

The only thing I found out here was that mass mind control is going to earn me medals in pvp...now THAT is vital though lol. And I'm kind of hitting myself for not using it so far.

Though, I came here to find out how to gear myself, especially with the new gear in 1.2....I want to know what sets are best for assassin, what relics, everything....and this guide had nothing on gear, itemization, stats or anything.

Good job but honestly that's the real info I'm looking for.

• 1 month later...
Wow, thanks TS, I have been browsing this forum for several days looking for Assassin deception guide, and by far this the most concise and helpful (even for low level like me, lvl 22 atm). Good job for explaining the rotation clearly.

Good info but I honestly already played my Dec assassin EXACTLY like you...kind of weird, even some of our skills are in the same slots.

The only thing I found out here was that mass mind control is going to earn me medals in pvp...now THAT is vital though lol. And I'm kind of hitting myself for not using it so far.

Though, I came here to find out how to gear myself, especially with the new gear in 1.2....I want to know what sets are best for assassin, what relics, everything....and this guide had nothing on gear, itemization, stats or anything.

Good job but honestly that's the real info I'm looking for.

I woud recommend going to the assassin forum main page, and clicking the thread views, and from the top, with over 500k views, go through the thread/guide made by Astralfire (or something like that) the compodium. its very detailed and i found it helpful.

Good luck!

I just want to say awesome guide. Very detailed and helpful explanations ^.^ Also appreciate your honesty and modesty. I would like to know what stats are needed for a deception assassin vs darkness asssassin and why. Cause to me i think willlpowerer is for the sorcerer side and str for melee but it seems we get melee stats off willpower so im confused as to what stats we need :rak_02:

EDIT: found link for stats for anyone else looking here's the link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=778 i suggest putting this in your guide maybe :D for easier find

Edited by Ayumria
FOUND LINK

• 1 month later...

I'm sitting here reading this in August and I want to say I found it to be extremely helpful. I realize that spec changes since February might make some aspects out of date, but I appreciate all the work which went into it, and the clear reasons for all the advice.

Very helpful.

Dudly'doright

Cancerous Ordo [sp]

The Nicest Sith Ever

• 2 months later...
Deception gameplay:

I must admit, i really enjoyed this video. You play well, you keep moving (staying still aint too smart) and you time your spells and interupts well.

My only recommendation at this point is at 1:34 in the video you started your approach to gank the healer, which is great, but keep in mind deceptions (even in this current patch) arent the best healer killers mainly because recklessness offers "limited burst". My recommendation would be to save your interupt (jolt i think its called) because for me when i attack healers, my goal isnt to stop them from healing others, but to kill them instead, so if they have their focus on one of their friends (with a good UI settup you can see this) let them heal that friend, who cares imo. When you burst them down in the lower HP ranges, usually below 30-50 percent, then start using that jolt to prevent them from healing themselves. Thats just my take, if you want to stop them from healing others, thats your goal and choice and i respect that.

Good luck.

Its fitting that the acronym for this guide is S.A.D.D.

Thats not a comment on the quality of the guide, but the state of the deception assassin.

I understand your frustration, im not exactly pleased after just coming back now into the dread masters patch and still seeing deceptions weak, compared to madness, which is boring mode imo. i dont pve with my assassin anymore, even when my guild asked me to tank. In all seriousness, if you love the deception assassin, you should be able to deal with it. ya i really hate losing numbers to jugg dps, but then again, its the play style u play for at the end of the day, not the numbers.

take it easy buddy.

I just want to say awesome guide. Very detailed and helpful explanations ^.^ Also appreciate your honesty and modesty. I would like to know what stats are needed for a deception assassin vs darkness asssassin and why. Cause to me i think willlpowerer is for the sorcerer side and str for melee but it seems we get melee stats off willpower so im confused as to what stats we need :rak_02:

EDIT: found link for stats for anyone else looking here's the link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=778 i suggest putting this in your guide maybe :D for easier find

I see where you are coming from, but when i started playing this new dread masters patch, i found myself just getting the basic war hero gear, and adding the resolve augments with max willpower and endurance. I have found others like accuracy and crit augments, but they have no interest to me at the moment, but when i reach full war hero, i will write down the stats on paper and i will do the math computations necesary to balance the stats in a way that maximimzes the dps we can pull per match.

I thank you for your on going patience. cheers!

• 1 year later...
To the author I Just would like to say Thank you sincerely for taking the time and effort to construct this extremely helpful guide. :)

Serious thread necromancy. This thread hasn't been relevant for over a year now, since they completely reworked Deception in 2.0. Go read Dulfy's guide if you want to see how to actually play it now.

Serious thread necromancy. This thread hasn't been relevant for over a year now, since they completely reworked Deception in 2.0. Go read Dulfy's guide if you want to see how to actually play it now.

Thank you captain obvious. This thread was made at launch, because people kept spamming maul all day, and this was supposed to stop people from doing that...

Its stated in the beginning there was an UPCOMING update for 1.4.1. Its now past 2.0. Congratulations on figuring that out.

I personally still play deception (at least for pvp) and nothing old changed, just a few new things that, as you said, dulfy covers.

Edited by ydenneksirhc

Thank you captain obvious. This thread was made at launch, because people kept spamming maul all day, and this was supposed to stop people from doing that...

Its stated in the beginning there was an UPCOMING update for 1.4.1. Its now past 2.0. Congratulations on figuring that out.

I personally still play deception (at least for pvp) and nothing old changed, just a few new things that, as you said, dulfy covers.

That's a lot of hostility for me pointing someone in the right direction. I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes, I just wanted to make sure someone didn't get confused as to why the abilities worked so differently in the live game than they're described here.

That's a lot of hostility for me pointing someone in the right direction. I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes, I just wanted to make sure someone didn't get confused as to why the abilities worked so differently in the live game than they're described here.

Its not really your fault. I spent hours on this back in the day and helping people in game. Got hate from a handful of people and their hate wasn't constructive.

Im also unsure of what "thread necromancy" means, seeing as necromancy means talking to the dead.

Its not really your fault. I spent hours on this back in the day and helping people in game. Got hate from a handful of people and their hate wasn't constructive.

Im also unsure of what "thread necromancy" means, seeing as necromancy means talking to the dead.

Thread necromancy means commenting on a thread that is effectively old, dated, dead.

The last post before today was in 2012, the OP is updated for 1.4, and we're in 2.7. This might have been a great guide back then but it is obsolete today. Aelanis pointed that out to the guy that commented "great guide" today

Edited by Kawabonga

To the person who accused me of being a necromancer, I'm not even going to merit any of what you said with a rude response because that would be immature, but for your information I was not thanking you, I was thanking the author for the information that he took a very long time to write even if it was dated because it's still a helpful guide. FYI I play two lvl 55 assassins both at 80 valor and the information the author gave about the rotation priorities for deception dps in pvp are for the most part very dead on, also just so you know most if not all the guides I have found on deception assassin builds that are worth half a dang are all still from 2.3 in 2013. So thanks what ever your name was who called me a necro for being so polite, have a nice day.

It's alright but it's not great. Other guides out there would definitely do you better.

Also, the person who called you a necromancer did so in a very polite but alarming way to make sure you didn't head off on the wrong track.

To the person who accused me of being a necromancer, I'm not even going to merit any of what you said with a rude response because that would be immature, but for your information I was not thanking you, I was thanking the author for the information that he took a very long time to write even if it was dated because it's still a helpful guide. FYI I play two lvl 55 assassins both at 80 valor and the information the author gave about the rotation priorities for deception dps in pvp are for the most part very dead on, also just so you know most if not all the guides I have found on deception assassin builds that are worth half a dang are all still from 2.3 in 2013. So thanks what ever your name was who called me a necro for being so polite, have a nice day.

Ya, i agree with this too, and not because im the OP. Its because nothing has really changed much for assassins. Yes we got a really cool teleport. Yes we have recklessness up more now with re stealth and combat exits. Static charges went from 4 max to 3 max. A few talents changed, definitely. But the play style? not so much.

Ive been playing since launch, played every patch, and i still have the same playstyle, just with the new abilities like stealth added in, and more recklessness uptime.

As for the person who said you were a necromancer, i can understand his/her point of view, this thread if def old school, and i dont really wanna update it since dulfy pretty much covers everything there is on it now, and her guides are colorful and coded, and most importantly have a table of contents haha. Only thing i dont like, is that dulfys guides are more aimed at pve.

Ya, i agree with this too, and not because im the OP. Its because nothing has really changed much for assassins. Yes we got a really cool teleport. Yes we have recklessness up more now with re stealth and combat exits. Static charges went from 4 max to 3 max. A few talents changed, definitely. But the play style? not so much.

Ive been playing since launch, played every patch, and i still have the same playstyle, just with the new abilities like stealth added in, and more recklessness uptime.

As for the person who said you were a necromancer, i can understand his/her point of view, this thread if def old school, and i dont really wanna update it since dulfy pretty much covers everything there is on it now, and her guides are colorful and coded, and most importantly have a table of contents haha. Only thing i dont like, is that dulfys guides are more aimed at pve.

Well to avoid new guys coming in and getting wrong info from this thread, you can always update it for patch 2.7, or type in the first line "WARNING: THIS GUIDE WAS FOR PATCH 1.4.1, WHICH MEANS ITS SIGNIFICANTLY OUTDATED. THIS GUIDE IS NOW ~80% WRONG, SUCH AS HOW VOLTAGE WORKS"

Honestly if it wouldn't take me 100 years I'd have proposed to write a PvP guide too. But the thing is, there is so much dynamic to pvp.. so many variables.. It's impossible to cover exactly what I do in each and every situation or give a line on what I think like..

It's just too much, it'd be 100 pages long and I still wouldn't have said everything there is to be said.

Oh and static charges used to be 5 stacks ;)