Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about Relics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Question about Relics

Cmdluke
09.28.2012 , 02:05 PM | #1
I posted this in the general forums but was redirected here.

My dps balance sage now has enough daily comms to buy my campaign relic. I was looking them over and noticed that the internal damage relic procs for less damage than the kinetic damage relic. is there a reason for this? what is the difference? which one is better? my abilities seem to be split with half dealing internal and half dealing kinetic.

After a bit of research, I noticed that kinetic is subject to defense where internal is not. does the increase in kinetic damage make up for its defense mitigation or should I stick with the internal damage?

I was also told in the other post that the PVP relic + Campaign relic is BiS. why is this? doesn't the PVP relic stack expertise which is useless in PVE? wouldn't I take a hit to willpower when ditching my matrix cube?

thanks for the help.
"The Force is a Balance between the Light and the Dark" - Qun'aris Sunnrider
Jedi Consular Balance Sage

Cleet_Xia
09.29.2012 , 02:05 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cmdluke View Post
I was looking them over and noticed that the internal damage relic procs for less damage than the kinetic damage relic. is there a reason for this? what is the difference? which one is better? my abilities seem to be split with half dealing internal and half dealing kinetic.
You pretty much get the idea that part of the kinetic damage is mitigated ~ so it procs for more damage. Essentially they would be about the same, with the kinetic relic being slightly more effective on lightly armored targets, but the internal being more effective on heavily armored targets.

does the increase in kinetic damage make up for its defense mitigation or should I stick with the internal damage?
The answer to that question is going to depend on the armor of your taget. Sometimes the internal damage would be the better choice, and other times the kinetic would be better. The proc relic for healing is garbage though, so I'd read up quite a bit before I bought 1 of the proc dps relics.

I was also told in the other post that the PVP relic + Campaign relic is BiS. why is this? doesn't the PVP relic stack expertise which is useless in PVE? wouldn't I take a hit to willpower when ditching my matrix cube?
The reason why people are going with a PvP relic is the large amount of power found on each relic. Most gearings don't stack much power - so it ends up being a solid boost to bonus damage, which applies to every attack.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Caleste
10.21.2012 , 03:41 PM | #3
I have another question. Currently I'm using two relics of boundless ages both the campaign and the rakata model (the latter was crafted through artifice, in case it is important). I had my guild tell me it's far far from an optimal setup, because the relics share cooldown. I can show how that make sense since the endurance provided alone would be a waste of slots, however, that is not the case. I can use both relics seperately with a 40 seconds internal cooldown. and both relics have a two minut hard cooldown. Is this working as intended?

As stated above the internal and kinetic damage relics are better depending the type of enemy you fight, whereas power boosts all damage. With this in mind I find it quite hard, however I have no data to back my doubt up with, to wrap my head around.

I suppose the argument of war hero relics make sense since they are loaded with static power.

Can anyone confirm of refute the claim of boundless ages relics being worth using considering you can use two?