Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview #1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

benderthebendbot
10.20.2012 , 02:13 PM | #81
I am a subscriber, I will stay one i love star wars. That being said this free to play feels like a half ***'ed attempt
the things like limited Warzones and Flashpoints will kill the free the play, Yeah you will gain a few new subscriber's
but most of the new free to play user's will quit with in a few week's or so due to the fact that the content as not changed the bugs are still here everything else is the same. Why not make the game free to play with all content
and have Micro Transactions . The limited free to play is going to be over all poorly received certainly most by the players who quit because of bad programming , bugs, content and so on, who will come back and see that none of it has been fixed. The die hard star wars fans that game are here and will stay here. I hope i am wrong but i feel this is a to little to late attempt on your part.

LordAtlantis
10.20.2012 , 02:43 PM | #82
I cannot wait, I will stay a subscriber and I am excited for the Cartel Marketplace; I will use it often.

THANK YOU BIOWARE.

Gimmie some more coins now. :3
Empire Forever, Jedi Never.

Sydth
10.20.2012 , 02:57 PM | #83
we need up-votes/down-votes in here.

yes there appear to be many hit-and-miss limitations on F2P memberships. There have been a lot of posts here that I agree with and a few that I disagree with. I'd rather play right now than go through and reply to everyone or make a list of all my replies.
So, i'll just add this: Purple gear limitations? I don't like it. I have a a little over half a cargo hold of purple Armstech items that never sell unless they are a steal. Like level 37 artifact shotguns selling for 6k. phooey on that. Let the moochers *cough cough sorry* F2P members have their gear. I need someone to buy my stuff.

AND whatever happened to free trials? I know we had them but they were as inconvenient as you can get. I can't help but feel like they should have offered like 168hrs (or whatever) of free game time that began whenever the customer begins playing.
Khajjo'panåkaAloo'palakPårü shå
Harbinger

“You seem about as trustworthy as a used-speeder salesman"
"Really? Most people find me harmless and kind of charming. Never mind."

Aelther
10.20.2012 , 03:11 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Iceman_sith View Post
Looks good. But as a paying subscriber, why are you giving the F2p people only 3 Warzones per week???????? This shouldn't even be on the table, either unlimited or a high number, I want these people to increase the number of Warzones running on the servers especially in off peek, 3 Warzones is nothing, it's just nothing, what if they get in a Warzone that has 1 minute left. End of story that number most rise or the whole of the Internet will lash out on swtor again.

You just have to increase that number. If you want to give the a taste.
When they announced F2P everyone was whining how there's no more reason to stay subscribed, now they gave u a reason, now u whine about having to subscribe... Sometimes it feels like people are just whining for the sake of whining.

Setsugetsuka
10.21.2012 , 12:17 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
When they announced F2P everyone was whining how there's no more reason to stay subscribed, now they gave u a reason, now u whine about having to subscribe... Sometimes it feels like people are just whining for the sake of whining.
You expected any more from half the people that play this game..?

ascensionmanaeon
10.21.2012 , 01:14 AM | #86
For the limited customization options, what exactly do you guys mean by that? Race and class choices?

Also, will there still be time cards available in stores for those of us who do not have credit cards?

Daranar
10.21.2012 , 01:56 AM | #87
Looks great, I really hope F2P will populate lower lvl areas and FPs to make subscriber alt leveling more enjoyable. When LOTRO went F2P, so many more players to level up with! Can't wait to see cartel market. Any word if it will be like Turbine Points where you can earn them in-game? That would be awesome!

Aelther
10.21.2012 , 03:20 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by ascensionmanaeon View Post
Also, will there still be time cards available in stores for those of us who do not have credit cards?
They say that in all the FAQs. Yes they will still be making time cards.

Aranica
10.21.2012 , 04:53 AM | #89
Ok for all of you people who complains about the 3 warzones pr. week: I believe it's 3 areas the F2Pers will be able to join, so huttball on week one, no huttball on week 2....

Sorrtas
10.21.2012 , 08:00 AM | #90
I honestly don't see the logic in some of these restrictions.
Warzone restrictions should be a daily restriction of 3. By restricting it to three per week you gain absolutely nothing except some fr00b (free player) that thinks you want them to sub to waive the restrictions. Which you do but you don't want them to think that.

Flashpoints/Operation restrictions. My guess is let fr00bs play only SM and HM for Flashpoints, and just SM for Operations.

Space Combat. Four a day sounds legit. Only benefit you get is exp.

Now for the dumbest restriction I have never seen in a MMO.
Breed restrictions. Seriously? What exactly do you hope to gain from that?? You must pay $15 a month or you won't be able to play the other epic races? Now you're just begging for an emu.

You're not luring people into subbing; you're making it hard for the person to see what is so amazing about swtor and all its glories. #1 mistake you made is preventing the person to customize their character to their likings (AKA RACE RESTRICTION) If the person isn't happy with how their character looks then they're not sticking around.
HK-47: "Query: Would you rather be caught with contraband that is 'very' illegal, or just a little illegal?"
Revan: "What's the difference?"
HK-47: "About twenty years, master."