Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are folks still running lower level FPs?

MarkBruno
10.19.2012 , 06:51 AM | #1
I re-upped my sub this month after having been gone since around July and with the latest round of server mergers I'm wondering how folks are faring with the lower level FPs.

In your respective experiences, are you folks finding it easy to get into them with the group finder?

jmsutton
10.19.2012 , 06:58 AM | #2
I find them much easier to get into with the Group Finder than they used to be, but there still seems to be this weird gap. What I mean by that is from 10-30 it's really easy to get FP pops, but from 30-49 it's like they disappear and people don't do those later ones.

jeniyagyu
10.19.2012 , 07:09 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jmsutton View Post
I find them much easier to get into with the Group Finder than they used to be, but there still seems to be this weird gap. What I mean by that is from 10-30 it's really easy to get FP pops, but from 30-49 it's like they disappear and people don't do those later ones.
When I was leveling my Gunslinger, I could get into CWG and MP without much waiting, but once I hit around 45/46 and started to having to do Red Reaper or D7, it was horrible. Most of the time any 50's that were grouped either declined or quit group afterwards (I'm not sure why, RR isn't that hard if everyone takes a moment to figure it out).

If you're trying to do a low level FP with the GF and there are no takers (Hammer Station/Athiss) it is a good idea to go planetside and ask people to queue up because sometimes new players don't know how to use the GF or even know it is there and sometimes people just need a little nudge to click on it. (Now that they have added the 'return to previous spot, it will probably/hopefully get more players to use it while leveling without the worry of having to go to the fleet again and lose their place.)
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

Knockerz
10.19.2012 , 07:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jeniyagyu View Post
When I was leveling my Gunslinger, I could get into CWG and MP without much waiting, but once I hit around 45/46 and started to having to do Red Reaper or D7, it was horrible. Most of the time any 50's that were grouped either declined or quit group afterwards (I'm not sure why, RR isn't that hard if everyone takes a moment to figure it out).

If you're trying to do a low level FP with the GF and there are no takers (Hammer Station/Athiss) it is a good idea to go planetside and ask people to queue up because sometimes new players don't know how to use the GF or even know it is there and sometimes people just need a little nudge to click on it. (Now that they have added the 'return to previous spot, it will probably/hopefully get more players to use it while leveling without the worry of having to go to the fleet again and lose their place.)
Didn't know they fix the lfg return to prvious spot. That's the only reason I rarely bother with the lfg for pve while leveling.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Miukie
10.19.2012 , 07:38 AM | #5
Both of my characters are healer (Sorcerer level 40, Operative level 31) and I usually find a group in less than 30 minutes with the group finder. I guess the wait time is longer for the DPS characters, but for healer and tank the queued time is pretty reasonable.

KEKHAN
10.19.2012 , 08:21 AM | #6
I'm on Prophecy of Five one of the busiest servers, and I spent 11hours 25minutes in the Queue. Not sure if that's some type of record or typical....

Level 40'ish FP's, although I did get kicked 6 times due to innactivity.

Sportiva
10.19.2012 , 08:26 AM | #7
If you are a Tank or Healer it is not too difficult to queue, but it is still a pretty long wait. This is why I think that BW needs to make all of these FP's have a HM version. They are a great untapped source of content IMO.
Master Jaice Jenod: Guardian Velo Jenx: GunslingerMaster Gira Jenx: Sage Major Jax’xen Jenod: Vanguard
Saen'a Jenod: Mercenary Dulymus Jenod: OperativeDarth Scoura: Assassin Darth Zetara: Marauder

MarkBruno
10.19.2012 , 08:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
If you are a Tank or Healer it is not too difficult to queue, but it is still a pretty long wait.
I have three characters right now and all three are healers (50 Counselor, 25 Inquisitor, 25 IA Operative) , so I'll give it a go tonight and see what happens.

Thanks for all the responses, folks.

TheNegotiator
10.20.2012 , 01:13 AM | #9
I find it pretty easy during prime time. The gear is so superior there are always people waiting to do them just for the loot.

jmsutton
10.20.2012 , 08:58 AM | #10
My experience leveling my Gunslinger on Jedi Covenant is that I got frequently reliable pops all the way up until Athiss. One or two pops for Mandalorian Raiders, and then after that I am not really getting any pops at all.

Maybe leveling my tank will be different.