Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Greatest Force User of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Greatest Force User of All Time

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
10.19.2012 , 04:08 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
On a list of most powerful Sith, Revan would get around 15. Maybe squeak into the twelfth spot. Not a canon assement, but considering all of the great Sith Darth Revan wouldn't get too high. I would actually put Malgus higher up, given his track record.
I have to disagree with you their. Malgus was powerful, but Revan was far greater. Kreia described him as 'the heart of the force' (and we can't argue with Kreia) and he once killed a Sith Lord on the Dark Council merely by reflecting her lightning back at her. He also has a pretty impressive track record too.

Ultimately though, he's not as tough as many would like to think.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 04:12 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I have to disagree with you their. Malgus was powerful, but Revan was far greater. Kreia described him as 'the heart of the force' (and we can't argue with Kreia) and he once killed a Sith Lord on the Dark Council merely by reflecting her lightning back at her. He also has a pretty impressive track record too.

Ultimately though, he's not as tough as many would like to think.
I'll disagree on the Kreia part, but I do think a battle between Malgus and Revan would be interesting. I believe the power he used to reflect Lightning is Tutaminis, a power that Yoda displayed against Count Dooku on Geonosis. That Dark Council member must not be very good if you let your own power kill you. lol It's not exactly very rare. Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Son, Father, and Daughter have also used it. Satele has also used it. There are others that have used as well.

Agreed. Just wait until Revan comes back and does something even greater. The Revanites will be back in full force. Gonna have to get ready.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
10.19.2012 , 04:15 PM | #153
People...really....really...REALLY need to STOP using a METAPHOR that was said from a LAIR. I am so close, to blowing my brains out reading it over and over again as if it actually means anything.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
10.19.2012 , 04:16 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'll disagree on the Kreia part, but I do think a battle between Malgus and Revan would be interesting. I believe the power he used to reflect Lightning is Tutaminis, a power that Yoda displayed against Count Dooku on Geonosis. That Dark Council member must not be very good if you let your own power kill you. lol It's not exactly very rare. Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Son, Father, and Daughter have also used it. Satele has also used it. There are others that have used as well.

Agreed. Just wait until Revan comes back and does something even greater. The Revanites will be back in full force. Gonna have to get ready.
Of course, but not as an instant kill move.

EDIT: Revanites? What Revanites? You mean those ones I wiped out on Dromund Kaas? :

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 04:17 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Of course, but not as an instant kill move.
Jedi don't kill so they obviously only intended to re-direct it. Since Revan is more of a loose-cannon, he can do whatever he wants without remorse. Hence the Foundry plan.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
10.19.2012 , 04:18 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Given his Beard I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. lol

Beard Power FTW!
One With The Beard!!!
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
10.19.2012 , 04:18 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
People...really....really...REALLY need to STOP using a METAPHOR that was said from a LAIR. I am so close, to blowing my brains out reading it over and over again as if it actually means anything.
Que?

EDIT: I'm assuming your talking about Kreia. Who was not a liar, meaning everything she said was false. That would be kind of pointless wouldn't it? Developer 1: Hey, here's a idea! Lets make a character who everything she says is completely and utterly untrue, just to mess with our gamers! Developer 2: Yeah! Great Idea!

Kreia was actually incredibly wise, arguably she never lied. I can't remember a single line she says in the game that is a lie. Please find one.

Yes of course she is exaggerating, but it must mean something surely.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 04:21 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
EDIT: Revanites? What Revanites? You mean those ones I wiped out on Dromund Kaas? :
No... A new breed of Revanites far more deadly than the ones on Kaas. There lies will spread like a wild-fire, corrupting those with a lack of knowledge, turning them into something...else. We will have to move quickly, if they are not all destroyed it will be a civil war without end. When their master returns, we will strike quickly. Catching them off balance. Defeating them through facts that will destroy the carefully constructed web of lies that they have created.

Why so serious?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 04:22 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Que?
Heart of the Force. It was a metaphor said by a pathological liar.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
10.19.2012 , 04:25 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
No... A new breed of Revanites far more deadly than the ones on Kaas. There lies will spread like a wild-fire, corrupting those with a lack of knowledge, turning them into something...else. We will have to move quickly, if they are not all destroyed it will be a civil war without end. When their master returns, we will strike quickly. Catching them off balance. Defeating them through facts that will destroy the carefully constructed web of lies that they have created.

Why so serious?
Won't be difficult, just tell them where their friends, find out who their leader is and have them killed. Won't even matter if they find out our plans, they'll just think we wont go along with it. Silly Revanites