Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Akaavi Spar...Wow

Joajoa
10.13.2012 , 10:51 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
one of her stances gives her better armor penetration. that might be why.
I don't think it's that (or maybe somehow they gave her more armor penetration than they meant to).Akaavi seems to damage the way Watchman Sentinels do.Not many big hits,no big flurries,the target just seems to melt when she hits them.

SilentKitty
10.15.2012 , 12:46 AM | #12
Akaavi is wonderful! I used to alternate between her and Corso when playing my little healer-scoundrel. Akaavi for "kill-em-fast"-playing and Corso when I needed to turtle up a bit. Tank+healer takes a while but I very very seldom dies. Those two are great fun to play with.

Really should start getting good gear for Akaavi now

gumbydpl
10.15.2012 , 09:10 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
one of her stances gives her better armor penetration. that might be why.
I have been going back and forth in my head for a while as to which one of her stances are better. I usually keep her in the bleed stance, unless we are fighting an Elite, then I will switch her to the armor penetration stance. But I have no idea if this is the best way of doing things or not.

Anyone have any ideas or incites into this?

i don't even know how hard her bleeds hit for haha.

happysister
10.16.2012 , 07:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by gumbydpl View Post
I have been going back and forth in my head for a while as to which one of her stances are better. I usually keep her in the bleed stance, unless we are fighting an Elite, then I will switch her to the armor penetration stance. But I have no idea if this is the best way of doing things or not.

Anyone have any ideas or incites into this?

i don't even know how hard her bleeds hit for haha.
i've actually been wondering this myself, lol.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

ThatGnome
10.17.2012 , 02:46 AM | #15
AP is something I use against large robots, heavily armoured sith and/or bounty hunters, and usually against bosses. The reason for the first is obvious, but with the bosses it's because if you use bleed against them and then try to get out of the fight with Disappearing Act, the next time they take damage it breaks your stealth.

This is a bad thing if you are attempting to do a Heroic with just yourself and Akaavi.

redfurry
10.17.2012 , 03:00 AM | #16
I always thought the AP stance is better for trash mobs, since it gives a small but constant DPS boost; while the bleed stance is better for elites and bosses since you don't get the full periodic damage on mobs that die too fast. But the Dissapearing Act thing is a good point. Hmmm...

gumbydpl
10.17.2012 , 10:04 AM | #17
Yeah I never thought of it that way. Trash dies to quickly for the bleed to do much damage, but AP gives a small boost regardless. For bosses and Champs/Elites, they are probably heavily armored so AP would be good, but you would also get the full damage out of the bleed. But if you need to use Disappearing Act to escape, you run the risk of having a bleed on and coming out of stealth.

So it seems the bleed stance has a few drawbacks but the AP stance doesnt have any. I think we found our winner, unless I am missing something or you guys see a flaw in my logic.....

happysister
10.17.2012 , 04:27 PM | #18
never thought of that Disappearing Act thing. that would explain me getting knocked out of stealth right after using it. i guess it's not so bad if you were a 'slinger though since they don't have stealth. the bleed stance probably works a lot better with them.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

ScrubinMuhTub
10.19.2012 , 02:49 PM | #19
If you compare ability to ability, in general, Akaavi does higher damage moves on shorter cooldowns compared to other melee classes, while having the benefit of heavy armor. Additionally, some of her attacks are elemental damage, bypassing armor.

Just wait for HK-51 though. He'll be the equalizer.
The Muhtub Legacy
Scrubin Cleanin Dump'in Fixin
Bleachin Washin Drainin

RendValor
10.19.2012 , 04:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatGnome View Post
Put her in tanking gear (it helps to have an Armormech alt/friend/guildmate) and she can tank nearly as well as the tank companions. Only lacks a proper taunt. And few Tank companions are that good anyway. Yeah, I use her lots, and win fights with her that I lose with Corso/Bowdaar.
That would be a total waste seeing how she can't equip a Shield, making all those shield/absorb stats useless.
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five