Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forced to romance Aric Jorgan?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Forced to romance Aric Jorgan?

Eutoxis
10.17.2012 , 05:37 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by LordXayd View Post
Not one person has actually responded with any kind of concrete answer.
Has anyone considered hitting ESC and never clicking on that companion for conversation again?

Fallerup
10.17.2012 , 07:25 PM | #42
I think it's totally sexist, that female characters get 1 choice of romance and male get 2 (in some cases) and in cases they don't, the one there is is rarely disappointing (mako, Dorne, Kira, Nadia)

are Sith warrior, IA and Smuggler the only classes that get 2 for male and 1 for female??

Sith warrior: Vette and Jaesa (if you are darkside, otherwise Vette is your only choice), IA: Temple & Kaliyo Smuggler: Spar & Risha. one is dark, the other is light.

So smuggler and IA are the only 2 classes that have no restrictions when playing male characters (the warrior must be dark to have 2 options, as said earlier).
Gagota Class: Arsenal Mercenary
Member Of
Dark Brotherhood
Server: Tomb Of Freedon nadd EU

bright_ephemera
10.19.2012 , 08:55 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Eutoxis View Post
Has anyone considered hitting ESC and never clicking on that companion for conversation again?
I've done that with Corso Riggs. Nowadays players are numerically penalized for it because you never get the legacy unlocks, but it's an option.

The Trooper is the only class I've played so far that has ftb scenes, for both genders, that you cannot say no to. Consent is assumed to have been given by previous conversations. I have heard, but haven't played femTrooper, that Jorgan triggers when he offers a gift somewhere in Act 2 or 3, even if you don't take a [Flirt] response in accepting it? You may have to reject the gift entirely or else SURPRISE romance arc. But yeah, once you're on those rails, the Trooper is not permitted to finish their LI's conversation line without at least one ftb.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Kariella
03.12.2013 , 06:33 PM | #44
for those of you who think he has a sexy voice and would make a good romance... just keep in mind one of his last lines...
"we can adpot a litter"
note the word adopt.. leads me to think that other methods of conceiving a child are not compatiable between cathar's and other species... so think about before you climb into bed with him... you might be better off with SGR Jaxo
make me and offer and i'll think about it...

drug_cartel
03.13.2013 , 01:42 AM | #45
I tie it to the affection level. If I had a coworker who came to me and expressed interest in pursuing a relationship, and I said No, but then proceeded to give them gifts every time I saw them, showering them with my affection in what I claimed was an act of plutonic friendship, until I they liked me the absolute most they were capable of liking another human being, then I think it's fair for me to say this would probably fall into the realm of me "stringing them on".

Or in game terms, if you consider yourself an RPer to the point where this matters in the story, and your character does not like the romanceable companion and has no interest in pursuing a relationship, and that companion keeps on pushing the issue, then it's time for you to stop being nice to them. It's not called "Trust" or "Friendship" or "Professionalism"; it is called Affection. When you are increasing their affection toward you, then they will become more affectionate.

If you wish to metagame and play the numbers, maxing your companion out for the buff or the presense boost or the crafting perks, that's fine. But when your Metagame goes against the RP, don't then complain that your RP doesn't fit with your character. If your character reached 10,000 Affection with a companion, you have no business saying that your character doesn't like them.

How you feel as a player does not necessarily have to coincide with how your character feels. If your character has spent 40+ levels being nice to this person, giving them gifts, and agreeing with them in nearly every conversation they have, then the character DOES in fact like them, based upon their behavior, even if you as a player do not. And if the character does like someone who then pursues a relationship with them, and the character continues to encourage and build the affection further, then they are not detering or avoiding the relationship, but encouraging it.

It's not just about making one single decision, but rather an entire storyline of choices which will result in a certain level of Affection being reached between the two characters. If you claim your character doesn't like this guy, and you actually play it like that, you will be lucky to see your affection go above 1500.

SWEtree
03.20.2013 , 02:19 PM | #46
Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.....
Yes my main is a commando. Stop Laughing

LilyPadLady
03.21.2013 , 05:22 PM | #47
TBH I faced the same dilemma with Aric and new I would have to play along (I'm really a dog person) so I flew to balmorra and bought every customization there is for him to make it as bearable as possible. It seemed on coruscant everything I clicked on gained affection with him even if I did it on purpose to lose affection so I just use him as my main crew skills character and have the droid out instead. Just don't have him summoned and be careful what you say in holo-terminal and on-ship conversations and this should be the only time. I much prefer Corso on the smuggler for female romance but they should give female characters more options.

Black_Angel_BR
05.21.2013 , 06:19 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by KaneBlueriver View Post
Can you imagine Aric voiced by Antonio Banderas and he wearing a feathered hat?

Jordan : "All that I need, are the boots!"
I want that so bad now............
Aaray - Zabrak - Mercenary Miato - Human - Marauder
See MY version of their storylines on http://black-angel-br.deviantart.com/gallery/ Deviantart and http://black-angel-br.tumblr.com/Aaray Tumblr