Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview #1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arkerus
10.18.2012 , 08:20 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by chaseer View Post
How about not making trailers for every update and put that money somewhere more usefull.

Let me clue you in on something about the real world.

I, and many working professionals like myself, spend MOST of our days actually making presentations and creating documents (aka meaningless work) because humans have to communicate with other people. This is how we, as professionals, sell our story and communicate benefits to those around us. People have been dressing things up, creating proposals, making presentations for a very long time.

Get used to it or go away.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Sheike
10.18.2012 , 08:33 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Let me clue you in on something about the real world.

I, and many working professionals like myself, spend MOST of our days actually making presentations and creating documents (aka meaningless work) because humans have to communicate with other people. This is how we, as professionals, sell our story and communicate benefits to those around us. People have been dressing things up, creating proposals, making presentations for a very long time.

Get used to it or go away.
A text announcement would have sufficed.

Deewe
10.18.2012 , 08:39 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
So I can be a human, a human with horns or a human with metal on my face. Well thats not very restricting.
You can also be a green human, a blue human, a human with tattoos and... a blood elf.

Subscribing is the key

Ansalem
10.18.2012 , 08:54 PM | #34
lol here is your free 2 play video update...look at all the stuff you can't do unless you have a sub! lol thats great. Also, wth is with yet another dancing gimmick in game? I guess people can't get enough from their party instigators, party bombs, now they gotta give us a party jawa...sigh. apparently SWTOR is now nothing but american bandstand and soul train...lets pump the jams and have a dance off...

Evgen
10.18.2012 , 08:55 PM | #35
That's nice and all, but no clue of how much some things will cost?
Can you give us a vague idea?
I don't know if anyone has been fooled by letting us know how many cartel coins we have.
That means nothing unless we know what it can buy.
Some vague idea would be great.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

DazzTheFett
10.18.2012 , 09:06 PM | #36
Hey guys! Thanks for the new free to play video #1. I think it's a great start to let folks know about what going to be happening when the change occurs. Lookin good so far. Thanks for keeping us informed!!

Are you guys going to be doing a video on what's going to be available in the cartel coin store to buy?
An example of things would be cool. Like being able to buy character races other than the beginning three or what type of gear will available or mounts. Things of that nature would be fantastic!!
Anyway thanks again guys and keep up the good work!!

Evgen
10.18.2012 , 09:15 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Gordoma View Post
As a subscriber, I'm concerned that there will be more items in the Cartel Market that I will want to purchase than Bioware will give me coins to buy items. Will subscription players be able to use in-game currency to buy Cartel coins? As a in-game item collector, having to make additional real life purchases was the big reason I left my last MMO. Will this be the case in free-to-play?
You are basically asking if Bioware will let you give them more money.
I'm quite confident the answer to that will be an astounding YES
I'm sure there will be lots of vanity stuff in the store only available there. If you feel the need to have them all and that in turn puts you off the game I can't say that's the games problem.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

AshlaBoga
10.18.2012 , 11:13 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
You are basically asking if Bioware will let you give them more money.
I'm quite confident the answer to that will be a resounding YES.
I was going to post and then I read Evgen's post. He speaks for me.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

ZackAlklazaris
10.19.2012 , 03:12 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by elaverick View Post
This is pure speculation but looking at the video I can see that the costs appear to have been blurred in the window rather than actually removed, also looking at the blur of the Carbonite Chamber which is featuring on the right I can see that there are 3 lumps at the bottom which suggests that the Carbonite chambers price is in three figures on what ever server they're testing on atm.

Obviously this could be wrong, and just as obviously this could well change before launch, but a three figure price for a single item certainly sounds about what I'd expect.
At an artistic standpoint the $ sign should be about equal in size to every numeral. So all you'd have to do is see how many cartel "dollar" signs can fit into the slot. For example the Longspur looks like it has room for 3 digits, but if you look directly left it appears to have room for 4 digits.

Then again I could be just as wrong
The Shadowlands | "Order of Darkness"
--------Alklazaris - Sorcerer - DPS
--------Sa-Kan - Sniper - DPS
"Dear BW, Please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine, signed Rock"

BHunterBuffy
10.19.2012 , 03:18 AM | #40
F2P are given choice of 3 races...I'm at the moment a subscriber, and I have a Sith Race Inquisitor. So if I drop my subscription (I couldn't give a bantha fart about warzones) I lose the ability to play my legacy sith race??
Merc - Launch Day Participant