Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview #1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Korvus_Starlight
10.18.2012 , 03:57 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rovshchik View Post
16,426 cartel coins?

Will it be very expensive store?
I paused the video and by the looks of it prices are still to be determined. That being said as subscribers we should be able to purchase at least a couple items a month from our 150 CC salary. That being said one would think the price ranges would be anywhere from 50-100 CC per item depending on the item. That is just using other F2P games as an example though. I'd like to see subscribers getting a nice % off the amount an item costs. Let's say F2P players have to spend 100 CC on an item, but Subs pay 75% that or something. If Bioware wants the F2P and Subscriber system to work together well, they will need to keep the subscriber happy in such a way.
░▒ General Korvus Starlight - The Army of Light ▒░
░▒ Website | Forums | Application ▒░

elaverick
10.18.2012 , 04:40 PM | #12
Yeah the real question here is exactly how much one cartel coin is worth. It's a bit worrying to see a balance of 16,426 coins when as a CE subscriber from early access I'm banking on getting 2500 coins.

This is pure speculation but looking at the video I can see that the costs appear to have been blurred in the window rather than actually removed, also looking at the blur of the Carbonite Chamber which is featuring on the right I can see that there are 3 lumps at the bottom which suggests that the Carbonite chambers price is in three figures on what ever server they're testing on atm.

Obviously this could be wrong, and just as obviously this could well change before launch, but a three figure price for a single item certainly sounds about what I'd expect.

Only other thing of interest is the option to buy XP... not massively keen on that as an idea as it has the potential to flood the FP and Ops level of play with inexperienced rich kids...

Sheike
10.18.2012 , 04:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by chaseer View Post
How about not making trailers for every update and put that money somewhere more usefull.
This^

LtGeneralGezlin
10.18.2012 , 04:58 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by chaseer View Post
How about not making trailers for every update and put that money somewhere more usefull.
Yeah, because the 10 bucks they spend making one video will really make a big difference.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Sheike
10.18.2012 , 05:10 PM | #15
Also, three warzones per week is a terrible idea. Three warzones per day would work, but three per week?
I'm not going to sit here and call anybody stupid, but exerting a bit more brainpower would be a definite plus...
I mean there isn't even any matchmaking in PvP, so you're going to let f2p players looking to see if they like the game or not play a mere 3 matches (which due to the lack of matchmaking will most likely be terrible ones) and have them walk away with a bad taste in their mouths?

Come now guys, you've shown in the past that you are incredibly bright individuals, I've come to expect a little bit better than this from Bioware.

RickyBOL
10.18.2012 , 05:12 PM | #16
Btw I have something in my mind that haunts me: i'm a subscriber now so I can access lot of things (btw I really think I'm going to create that new pureblood sith warrior I had in mind in very short time) like (quite) all the species, in-game credits payed inventory expansions, 3 crew skills and other things.
What will happen to what I already have IF i choose not to be a subscriber anymore? My main has 3 crew skills at 400 but f2p players can only have 1 crew skill, so my question is: what happen to the other 2 if I become a f2p player? The same question applies to everything else I have NOW as a subscriber and I'm using NOW.
I'd like to know more about it 'cause it'll be REALLY disappointing to lose everything (I mean DELETED) 'cause I choosed to become a F2P. I could understand a lock on features F2P players are not supposed to have but I won't like it because I've already payed something. I mean, as a former subscriber I think I should have access to everything I could have until the end of my subscription.
Let's say that someday every character can have 4 crew skills. When I was a subscriber the game only allowed 3 cw so 3 are the cw I should have. Now I'm a F2P player and Bioware decides that cw can be 4 BUT only for subscribers. So it's ok that I should buy the 4th skill on the cartel market OR subscribe again and gain that new feature "free" even when my new subscription will end. I hope it's clear what I mean and I'd like to have answers about this topic

Orlesian
10.18.2012 , 05:26 PM | #17
Must have the Carbonite Chamber and pink Longspur Sportster
I am so curious to look through everything! Hopefully there is some really nice outfits.
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

Rickadin
10.18.2012 , 05:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheike View Post
Also, three warzones per week is a terrible idea. Three warzones per day would work, but three per week?
I'm not going to sit here and call anybody stupid, but exerting a bit more brainpower would be a definite plus...
I mean there isn't even any matchmaking in PvP, so you're going to let f2p players looking to see if they like the game or not play a mere 3 matches (which due to the lack of matchmaking will most likely be terrible ones) and have them walk away with a bad taste in their mouths?

Come now guys, you've shown in the past that you are incredibly bright individuals, I've come to expect a little bit better than this from Bioware.
I totally agree with the above.

I think it would be better if BW decide to let the f2p have unlimited wz but limit or restrict the RWZ (ranked wz) exclusively to subscribers. After all, being on a rwz premade guild and casually doing wz for weekly is amazing (when grouped with the right people) and having only 3wz a week is just something that will leave the players with a bad experience.

MidichIorian
10.18.2012 , 05:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Orlesian View Post
I am so curious to look through everything! Hopefully there is some really nice outfits.
I hear you, sister. Been waiting for nice looking light armor sets for a long time now.

Setsugetsuka
10.18.2012 , 05:33 PM | #20
Oh, has anyone noticed that the Carbonite Chamber heals you outside of combat? Can imagine walking around fleet with a ton of people frozen and healing themselves. xD