Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do us loners get punished once we reach level 50?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Why do us loners get punished once we reach level 50?

Joesixxpack
10.15.2012 , 11:16 AM | #31
MMO = Social-interaction based game.
MMO Playerbase = Sizable amount of unsocialized d-bags and insecure elitists.

> Find a good *casual* guild: Your attempts to learn FPs, Ops, etc. can then be fun since you'll have patient helpers until you get them each down pat. Also no onerous requirements for membership. Just show up and play with them when you want.

Don't want to guild?

> Add cool people to friends list: Stay in touch periodically and you might have enough for a group, or they might
invite you to a group. Better chance of not grouping with d-bags than a straight PUG.

RikHar
10.16.2012 , 06:28 PM | #32
After running the first HM dungeon, there's no incentive to keep running anymore for that day. BioWares big mistake of keeping it like this.

Sydexlic
10.17.2012 , 08:27 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbuterx View Post
You guys who are commenting that "You are playing an MMO" stuff are exactly the kinds of people he doesn't want to interact with. You take Ops stuff way too seriously, and i suspect you treat other players like garbage in game, just like you are doing in this thread.
What are people supposed to say when pointing out this guy needs an attitude adjustment? It IS an MMO. It's DESIGNED to require players to INTERACT. Simple as that. If he's got a problem with that basic design principle inherent with all MMORPGs, then he should try something else. As much as he wishes this round peg to be square, it is a round peg.

Sildroni
10.17.2012 , 09:05 AM | #34
Getting the recruit gear is a definite boost.

Grab the daily and Weekly FP quests.

Queue for specific T1 FPs - do Black Talon HM alot! Get drops and commendations to fill out your gear. Get a feel for what's expected of your character/role. Queueing for the full list will expose you to the harder FPs AND people that may be less tolerant of a newcomer.

HM False Emperor, D7, Battle of Ilum and Kaon are NOT for a fresh 50 with little to no grouping experience in a PUG.
Sqn ()
eleven*ELEVEN*eleven

"Improvised interrogations are my speciality."

TheNegotiator
10.18.2012 , 02:15 AM | #35
The SWTOR population is probably 50% jerks...straight from WoW. All I can say is use your ignore option liberally...I know I do and it feels good.

SoonerJBD
10.18.2012 , 02:29 AM | #36
I never played an MMO before this. I only bought this game because I loved KOTOR and KOTOR II. But having played since launch, I am now running the hardest operations and having an absolute blast doing it.

If you are dedicated to playing solo, the game essentially ends when you finish your class quest. Your option is to try another class or re-roll a new character and play through the story again if you like. Even at that, this game has far more content than KOTOR did for single player.

If you are just timid about getting into more of the group encounters, start slow. Run dailies solo, get some purple mods for your gear, and then start doing hard mode flashpoints. If people act like jerks, put them on ignore and move on. Before you know it, you will be in columi gear and you can start doing 8-man raids like Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace.

Vankris
10.18.2012 , 08:45 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Mable View Post

I know that MMO games are all about playing with others online, but sometimes this doesn't work out for us loners who prefer not get hashed by the bullies.
You need to build up some character, to accept critics, to know how to use them to get better and not getting hurt by them.

If anything, it will help you IRL too.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

Khevar
10.18.2012 , 02:29 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
I never played an MMO before this. I only bought this game because I loved KOTOR and KOTOR II. But having played since launch, I am now running the hardest operations and having an absolute blast doing it.

If you are dedicated to playing solo, the game essentially ends when you finish your class quest. Your option is to try another class or re-roll a new character and play through the story again if you like. Even at that, this game has far more content than KOTOR did for single player.

If you are just timid about getting into more of the group encounters, start slow. Run dailies solo, get some purple mods for your gear, and then start doing hard mode flashpoints. If people act like jerks, put them on ignore and move on. Before you know it, you will be in columi gear and you can start doing 8-man raids like Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace.
^^^^ This is the best advice for the solo player.

I came into this game as a solo-only and slowly got into end-game stuff. I ended up staying because I like the people I've grouped with.

Good luck.

snoopdogbaby
10.18.2012 , 04:17 PM | #39
I agree with what some of the earlier posters were saying.

In a single player game, when you finish the story, you either get booted out, or get left on your own to finish old side missions and catch up on dialogue with NPCs.

So, in essence, you've played a singleplayer game to its full extent. You're not being punished, you're just finished with the game.

There's no reason why the few soloists should steal Bioware's focus away from the Massively MULTIPLAYER Online crowd to make some solo content we don't really need, when thousands (or millions. I really forgot how many people play this game. It kinda feels like SWG now, where people are lying about the numbers) of people would probably be barely, if at all, interested in it.