Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play Preview #1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
10.17.2012 , 10:07 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Today we are excited to release our first episode of the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Free-to-Play Insider Preview. This new video series is your window into the latest news and information on the new Free-to-Play option coming to The Old Republic™ this Fall. The first video provides insight into the features offered to Free-to-Play players and Subscribers. Take a first look at the new Cartel Market as well as get answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the Free-to-Play option. Check out the video and let us know what you think – we’ll be watching for your feedback in the forums, online and on Facebook.

Watch now
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

theborch
10.18.2012 , 01:55 PM | #2
Give us price ranges of items so we know if our cartel coins are worth anything useful.
The Bastion - The BaconStrips Legacy
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

Iceman_sith
10.18.2012 , 02:05 PM | #3
Looks good. But as a paying subscriber, why are you giving the F2p people only 3 Warzones per week???????? This shouldn't even be on the table, either unlimited or a high number, I want these people to increase the number of Warzones running on the servers especially in off peek, 3 Warzones is nothing, it's just nothing, what if they get in a Warzone that has 1 minute left. End of story that number most rise or the whole of the Internet will lash out on swtor again.

You just have to increase that number. If you want to give the a taste.
Eviros SageStulloQuo-Jin Guardian

Drudenfusz
10.18.2012 , 02:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Iceman_sith View Post
Looks good. But as a paying subscriber, why are you giving the F2p people only 3 Warzones per week???????? This shouldn't even be on the table, either unlimited or a high number, I want these people to increase the number of Warzones running on the servers especially in off peek, 3 Warzones is nothing, it's just nothing, what if they get in a Warzone that has 1 minute left. End of story that number most rise or the whole of the Internet will lash out on swtor again.

You just have to increase that number. If you want to give the a taste.
Should the weekly warzone pass cost just about a dollar, I think it would be good enough.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Rovshchik
10.18.2012 , 02:28 PM | #5
16,426 cartel coins?

Will it be very expensive store?
Furthermore, I think Kashyyyk must be destroyed.

BRC Empire Forces, Ockham

Graydon
10.18.2012 , 03:07 PM | #6
The preview didn't show anything regarding Paid Transfers...

chaseer
10.18.2012 , 03:09 PM | #7
How about not making trailers for every update and put that money somewhere more usefull.

Eillack
10.18.2012 , 03:29 PM | #8
Now people will complain that the rancor holo and carbonite case are on the store haha.....

But I too just really want a release of how much everything will cost CC wise.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

MidichIorian
10.18.2012 , 03:30 PM | #9
I am so getting a pink longspur sportster, my little sage'ess will look awesome on that.

Did I see sales in the cartel shop? Looked like the carbonized chamber had a 50 % discount in the picture. Sales would be sweet.
I'm a a tad worried about the saldo in the same pic though, the person had 16K points. Does that mean that things will cost several thousand?

Content packs look good. It's something I'm familiar with from other games.

DarthDarkFish
10.18.2012 , 03:49 PM | #10
What was originally said by swtor is that F2P till 50, subscribers new Planet and higher level cap. In this video subscribers are still 50. The margin between F2P and Subscribers grows shorter the longer this idea is in production, the rush of the production is my guess as to why the margin is being shortened. I think it is a bad misconception on Bioware's end to believe the F2P should take higher priority over the new planet and lvl cap for subscribers. The release should be the same as to not lose more customers so that the subscribing community doesn't feel that Bioware is putting them on back burner. Good way to lose more subscribers......