Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fleet Passes and Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Fleet Passes and Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Archunter
10.18.2012 , 09:21 AM | #1
In the description regarding fleet passes it says that subscribers will be given an option to purchase passes that bypass the usual cooldown with cartel coins. My question concerns those of us who already have the ability to purchase these passes via the security key vendor for 1000 in-game credits, will we still have this option or is it being removed/replaced with the cartel coins?
The Fifth Element

dosadnik
10.18.2012 , 09:23 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Archunter View Post
In the description regarding fleet passes it says that subscribers will be given an option to purchase passes that bypass the usual cooldown with cartel coins. My question concerns those of us who already have the ability to purchase these passes via the security key vendor for 1000 in-game credits, will we still have this option or is it being removed/replaced with the cartel coins?
I'm pretty sure they mean another item or just a removal of the cool down altogether, if you purchase it. I doubt they'll remove stuff from existing vendors just so that it can be added to the cartel shop.
The online encyclopedia for TOR, that anyone can edit!

Caito Level 55 Jedi Knight The Red Eclipse

AllisonBerryman
10.22.2012 , 11:10 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I asked Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert this question. He said that the Fleet Passes will still be available on the Security Key Vendor when the Cartel Market launches. As with anything, the contents of the vendor may be changed in the future, but we do want to have strong incentives to encourage subscribers to apply security measures to their accounts. Free-to-Play players won't be able to apply security keys to their accounts at the launch of the Cartel Market.

Druzod
10.22.2012 , 12:35 PM | #4
Allison, if I'm a subscriber now but I switch to a free-to-play plan, what will happen to my security key that I have already applied to my account?
"That is my spot. In an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0. " -- Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Monoth
10.22.2012 , 02:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Druzod View Post
Allison, if I'm a subscriber now but I switch to a free-to-play plan, what will happen to my security key that I have already applied to my account?
It will probably be deactivated since your switching to a F2P account instead of the regular subscription account..
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Valethar
10.22.2012 , 03:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
It will probably be deactivated since your switching to a F2P account instead of the regular subscription account..
Not necessarily. The option to apply one will not be available to F2P players at launch. That implies the option will be there at some point in the future.

I also can't see them forcibly removing keys that have already been purchased and applied after F2P goes live.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Valethar
10.22.2012 , 03:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
As with anything, the contents of the vendor may be changed in the future.
So, does that mean the CE vendor will finally see the updates we were promised but were never actually delivered?

Not taking a shot at you Allison, just wondering.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Andryah
10.22.2012 , 03:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
Not necessarily. The option to apply one will not be available to F2P players at launch. That implies the option will be there at some point in the future.
I read it more as them not taking away a feature you already installed. If it's a hardware key, you actually had to buy it and so spent money on it.

They might.... might.... let free players add a security key at some later date, but I doubt it. Why would they?
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

GoldenHornet
10.24.2012 , 07:53 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
They might.... might.... let free players add a security key at some later date, but I doubt it. Why would they?
Um, so they can keep their accounts secure? Why else are you applying two-factor authentication to your account?

I would like confirmation that I get to keep using my security key if I lapse to F2P. Anything else is crazy.