Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dissapointing Jedi Exile KOTOR2 Death (Stupid Spoilers))

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Dissapointing Jedi Exile KOTOR2 Death (Stupid Spoilers))

JattaGin
10.17.2012 , 11:56 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Makavelieazy View Post
I hate how some stupid author gave The Jedi Exile (from KOTOR2) was killed by the emperor and kept Revan enslaved. (...)
I fully agree with you. I was very disappointed by the book. Even more with how Revan was portrayed, but this is another story. But: What should we do about it? I am surprised that a discussion evolved out of your opening post.

MasterMe
10.17.2012 , 12:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
No I would not. You are correct that an author would not kill their own character in a lame way. But I think the death should be fitting to the character. In my opinion, Revan should have been killed by the Emperor. Drew missed his chance for his character to be killed by the most powerful being in the galaxy. It would have been a good death. Revan's fought countless enemies and defeated them. Shouldn't his death come from a battle that he can't win? I think so.
Actually, I think you're right. I think He certainly could have killed Revan in the novel. It would have been freaking epic and I probably would've cried.

If he had killed off Revan, it would have been a Braveheart moment if you know what I mean.

Darn that would've been a nice ending.... as opposed to getting killed (or so we think) by four PCs.

Makavelieazy
10.17.2012 , 07:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
I fully agree with you. I was very disappointed by the book. Even more with how Revan was portrayed, but this is another story. But: What should we do about it? I am surprised that a discussion evolved out of your opening post.
Lol, Forgot to check my writing, before posting. I guess im not so sharp 24 hours awake. But i'm glad im not the only one who feels that Suriik was ripped off. Due to the facts that unfortunately KOTOR 2 came out missing parts including very epic moments like the party trying to kill Kreia before Suriik reached her sanctum and the very awesome HK-47 interaction with the HK-50 factory on Telos. But nonetheless I loved the plot of Kotor 2 with and without the restoration mod. It proves that Star Wars isn't simply army vs army and knew that there was at least a hero to thank for saving the galaxy from certain death from the horrors of war.

".... and where they look at you and see the death of the Force, I look at you and see hope for all life."
- Mical (Kotor 2)
"Answer: Yes. It mean you will "never" understand. When I kill, when i dispatch a target, it is not about wanton slaughter. About body count. It is about finesse, function. Doing more with less. It is "art". " - HK-47 schooling some HK-50s

Makavelieazy
10.17.2012 , 07:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Actually, I think you're right. I think He certainly could have killed Revan in the novel. It would have been freaking epic and I probably would've cried.

If he had killed off Revan, it would have been a Braveheart moment if you know what I mean.

Darn that would've been a nice ending.... as opposed to getting killed (or so we think) by four PCs.
I'm down with that 100%, that would of been a perfect way to close that chapter of our lives, better to be a martyr against the main guy rather than fish food. I mean really he was a glorious strategist that the Mandalorians feared and respected to the death. But to be honest I love the speech he gives before fighting him on the flashpoint, brought a tear in my eye.
"Answer: Yes. It mean you will "never" understand. When I kill, when i dispatch a target, it is not about wanton slaughter. About body count. It is about finesse, function. Doing more with less. It is "art". " - HK-47 schooling some HK-50s

gurumoicano
10.19.2012 , 07:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
1.Scourge was clearly the main character here, not Revan.

2.He didn't bother to tie up all the loose ends, instead he created more than he got rid of.

3,The writing was very bad, I mean that Dues ex machinima way the Exile just managed to find the servant of the guy who just manages to be the only Sith Lord on the entire planet that can get her to revan and then the Dues ex machinima way Revan just gets all his memories back when he wears his mask.

4.He gave the Sith Empire the same lightsaber forms that the Jedi used and the original Sith had never even seen, some of the forms didn't even exist till after the Great Hyperspace War, DK seems to have an alternate lore where the Sith are just the dark versions of the Jedi and nothing more.

5.So the Jedi Order was supposed to be VERY dead at this point, the entire Order had disbanded, yet after the Dark Wars, the Exile goes to Coruscant and the Jedi Temple is FILLED with them, despite the fact Kreia says the exact opposite is true, along with about every other NPC in the game.

6.Apparently the big threat to the Republic, the Jedi and the entire galaxy wasn't really that big of a threat because it was an 'isolated case', y'know, cus the Sith didn't attack Onderon and Telos IV, nor did they destroy the Peragus mining colony, wipe an entire planet devoid of life nor did the Republic get saved despite the fact in exactly three standard months it would have collapsed from the moment the Exile returned to known space, nah.
You are right.
and, in "Revan" the main character is Scourge. Surik, that i loved, is a poor figure.
Why did Revan attack alone the Emperor?
But Surik almost killed the Emperor with her lightsaber thrown.
The novel could be better

Wolfninjajedi
10.19.2012 , 08:12 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by gurumoicano View Post
You are right.
and, in "Revan" the main character is Scourge. Surik, that i loved, is a poor figure.
Why did Revan attack alone the Emperor?
But Surik almost killed the Emperor with her lightsaber thrown.
The novel could be better
I am really still skeptical that the Emperor would have died from a mere lightsaber...but then thats just my thoughts, since hes suppose to be all powerful compared to pretty much everyone of the time.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

GarfieldJL
10.19.2012 , 12:13 PM | #27
The problem with the Exile's death is that her unique nature would have made her ridiculously hard to sense in some ways.

I haven't read the book in question, but from what I do know of it, the Exile was substancially more powerful than the book indicated.

Klorr
02.09.2013 , 07:55 AM | #28
I personally think that the surprising death of Surik actually made the book more interesting, Drew Karpshyn knows what he is doing, don't get angry at him for it, I mean look at Shakespeare he actually had written a play and all he said was "he dies" not something fancy just "he dies" and I think Surik getting stabbed in the back (litterally) was alot more epic than it saying "The Exile dies".
"Look sir, droids!" - Davin Felth

Icebergy
02.09.2013 , 08:23 AM | #29
Your title is a spoiler OP...you may want to fix that...
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Spartanik
02.09.2013 , 09:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
If he does come back, I would like to see him help us out in the final battle with the Emperor. Maybe he can sacrifice himself to stop the Emperor. Of course they would have to make sure they don't put him in the starring role. This is, after all, a game about our characters. I guess we will see.
I agree if they ever made him back, i would prefer for his story and end be linked to the emperor demise.
Along the lines of interlinked fates even. With scourge probably having some role in this.

Quote:
I haven't read the book in question, but from what I do know of it, the Exile was substancially more powerful than the book indicated.
To be honest i think she didnt had a chance of showing her power that much, being stab in the back by her aly. However even if she had the chance i think her fate would be the same.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.