Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dissapointing Jedi Exile KOTOR2 Death (Stupid Spoilers))

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Dissapointing Jedi Exile KOTOR2 Death (Stupid Spoilers))

Aurbere
10.17.2012 , 10:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Probably so, haven't seen the creator of a character ever give them a lame death because...well its their character. I mean would you give a character, that you spent time working on, giving their abilities, stories, villains, companions, etc and at the end give them a lame death?
No I would not. You are correct that an author would not kill their own character in a lame way. But I think the death should be fitting to the character. In my opinion, Revan should have been killed by the Emperor. Drew missed his chance for his character to be killed by the most powerful being in the galaxy. It would have been a good death. Revan's fought countless enemies and defeated them. Shouldn't his death come from a battle that he can't win? I think so.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
10.17.2012 , 10:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
No I would not. You are correct that an author would not kill their own character in a lame way. But I think the death should be fitting to the character. In my opinion, Revan should have been killed by the Emperor. Drew missed his chance for his character to be killed by the most powerful being in the galaxy. It would have been a good death. Revan's fought countless enemies and defeated them. Shouldn't his death come from a battle that he can't win? I think so.
True, true, eh will see what happens. Perhaps will get to kill him again(if he does come back), or its just referenced that Revan went after the Emperor(again..) and died.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
10.17.2012 , 10:14 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
True, true, eh will see what happens. Perhaps will get to kill him again(if he does come back), or its just referenced that Revan went after the Emperor(again..) and died.
If he does come back, I would like to see him help us out in the final battle with the Emperor. Maybe he can sacrifice himself to stop the Emperor. Of course they would have to make sure they don't put him in the starring role. This is, after all, a game about our characters. I guess we will see.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana
10.17.2012 , 10:17 AM | #14
For me, the most annoying thing is that, Chris Avellone didn't trample all over Revan, in-fact he makes Revan the biggest name since Exar Kun, he treats the character with high quality.

Drew Karypyshyn gets the Exile character, what does he do? make that character pretty much insignificant besides freeing Revan, which Scourge probably would've done anyway.

MasterMe
10.17.2012 , 10:23 AM | #15
I really don't feel that Meetra was downplayed as much as you guys say. Here's what I think:

1: Revan was obviously the main character in the book. This in itself bumps Meetra down a bit. I understand how this annoys people though.

2: Her death was very quick and un-epic. This sucks for us all. Poor writing on Drew's part.

But in terms of how Revan's character was handled, I think that Drew did a great job. Sue me. I feel like you guys are being a little unfair to Drew. Besides the Exile and besides the whole using two sides of the force, what was THAT bad about the novel? I though it was great.

Aurbere
10.17.2012 , 10:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I really don't feel that Meetra was downplayed as much as you guys say. Here's what I think:

1: Revan was obviously the main character in the book. This in itself bumps Meetra down a bit. I understand how this annoys people though.

2: Her death was very quick and un-epic. This sucks for us all. Poor writing on Drew's part.

But in terms of how Revan's character was handled, I think that Drew did a great job. Sue me. I feel like you guys are being a little unfair to Drew. Besides the Exile and besides the whole using two sides of the force, what was THAT bad about the novel? I though it was great.
Revan was the main character, but you still have to acknowledge the feats and accomplishments, as well as the powers of the other characters. Meetra was handled very poorly, to the point that she shouldn't have even been in the book. She went from savior of the galaxy to Star Trek Red shirt. Maybe not that bad, but you can see my point.

Makavelieazy
10.17.2012 , 10:33 AM | #17
"Answer: Yes. It mean you will "never" understand. When I kill, when i dispatch a target, it is not about wanton slaughter. About body count. It is about finesse, function. Doing more with less. It is "art". " - HK-47 schooling some HK-50s

Aurbere
10.17.2012 , 10:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Makavelieazy View Post

See what I did there?

Makavelieazy
10.17.2012 , 11:21 AM | #19
Challenge Considered.

I agree on the part where we can't get our favorite chars get a good death, but if only Drew cared enough on researching Suriik rather than weakening her and using her as 2 birds and 1 stone excuse, then he would understand its not that easy to kill someone like her. I also get the fact the book is called Revan, not Suriik, the point is she played an equal role as Revan in saving the galaxy from the false Sith and the scars of war, hence deserved at least the same fate as Revan. Heck it'd make more sense for The Emperor to want Suriik for her dead to the force groove. Also if Kreia saw so much potential, so could the Emperor.
"Answer: Yes. It mean you will "never" understand. When I kill, when i dispatch a target, it is not about wanton slaughter. About body count. It is about finesse, function. Doing more with less. It is "art". " - HK-47 schooling some HK-50s

Rayla_Felana
10.17.2012 , 11:37 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post

1.Scourge was clearly the main character here, not Revan.

2.He didn't bother to tie up all the loose ends, instead he created more than he got rid of.

3,The writing was very bad, I mean that Dues ex machinima way the Exile just managed to find the servant of the guy who just manages to be the only Sith Lord on the entire planet that can get her to revan and then the Dues ex machinima way Revan just gets all his memories back when he wears his mask.

4.He gave the Sith Empire the same lightsaber forms that the Jedi used and the original Sith had never even seen, some of the forms didn't even exist till after the Great Hyperspace War, DK seems to have an alternate lore where the Sith are just the dark versions of the Jedi and nothing more.

5.So the Jedi Order was supposed to be VERY dead at this point, the entire Order had disbanded, yet after the Dark Wars, the Exile goes to Coruscant and the Jedi Temple is FILLED with them, despite the fact Kreia says the exact opposite is true, along with about every other NPC in the game.

6.Apparently the big threat to the Republic, the Jedi and the entire galaxy wasn't really that big of a threat because it was an 'isolated case', y'know, cus the Sith didn't attack Onderon and Telos IV, nor did they destroy the Peragus mining colony, wipe an entire planet devoid of life nor did the Republic get saved despite the fact in exactly three standard months it would have collapsed from the moment the Exile returned to known space, nah.