Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dissapointing Jedi Exile KOTOR2 Death (Stupid Spoilers))

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Dissapointing Jedi Exile KOTOR2 Death (Stupid Spoilers))

Makavelieazy
10.17.2012 , 02:42 AM | #1
I hate how some stupid author gave The Jedi Exile (from KOTOR2) was killed by the emperor and kept Revan enslaved. I understand how some characters must die and not all character endings are not suppose to be happy like Mace Windu in EP 3, but to be back stabbed by Scourge and not given a chance to show the Emperor some the power of being dead to the force and some dark teachings of Darth Traya. Also She schooled the corruptions of the force, like Darth Nihlius, Atris, Darth Sion. Yes, I'm a huge fan of KOTOR2 and even more since i played it with the Restoration Mod.

Wolfninjajedi
10.17.2012 , 07:59 AM | #2
Its alright, theres been lots of characters throughout time that were good(in other series too) and were wisked away rather shortly and in a not so epic fashion. Point being, good characters sometimes can't have those epic last stand moments....which is rather fine because if all of them did it would be rather unoriginal and predictable.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Rayla_Felana
10.17.2012 , 08:09 AM | #3
For me it was never the death that bothered me(okay that's a lie it bothered me a lot, but not as much as the following), but the total inconsistencies he clearly didn't care about creating for her character.

MasterMe
10.17.2012 , 08:51 AM | #4
Yeah, he did sort of down play her power a bit. Granted I don't think he downplayed it as much as you guys think, but in a since we agree. And yes, seeing her die that way was sort of teribble. But honestly, I think someone needed to die. It just wouldn't have been realistic if they'd all lived.

Aurbere
10.17.2012 , 09:02 AM | #5
Her death was lame, especially considering her powers of precognition. But the death doesn't bother me as much as the mishandling of the character of Drew's part.

Absolutely no research done on her canon powers and abilities. She became just a companion to his creation. Very dissapointing
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
10.17.2012 , 09:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Her death was lame, especially considering her powers of precognition. But the death doesn't bother me as much as the mishandling of the character of Drew's part.

Absolutely no research done on her canon powers and abilities. She became just a companion to his creation. Very dissapointing
Its not like thats anything new. All characters can have lame deaths, or completely forget their powers or whatever due to writing.

Rayla_Felana
10.17.2012 , 09:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Its not like thats anything new. All characters can have lame deaths, or completely forget their powers or whatever due to writing.
And that's the problem, Drew should have learned from the other couple of times this has happened, or at least learned about what happens when you mess around with Darth Bane's original story.

You do know Chee got on his behind about that? involving Revan in the Darth Bane story, he was not happy at all, but because of the trilogy's success he let it slide.

Wolfninjajedi
10.17.2012 , 09:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
And that's the problem, Drew should have learned from the other couple of times this has happened, or at least learned about what happens when you mess around with Darth Bane's original story.

You do know Chee got on his behind about that? involving Revan in the Darth Bane story, he was not happy at all, but because of the trilogy's success he let it slide.
So we come right to it then, success and money! As long as those two things are good, then the characters are usually not protected. Sure you upset fans, but it all comes down to success and money so really no matter what the character it doesn't matter. They could have lame deaths or epic.

I mean take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...NpSpW21Y#t=66s

Within the span of a second, a main character died. That upset me at the time, but now it doesn't as much...even so it shows not all characters can have good death scenes some are just quick and to the point.

Aurbere
10.17.2012 , 09:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
So we come right to it then, success and money! As long as those two things are good, then the characters are usually not protected. Sure you upset fans, but it all comes down to success and money so really no matter what the character it doesn't matter. They could have lame deaths or epic.

I mean take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...NpSpW21Y#t=66s

Within the span of a second, a main character died. That upset me at the time, but now it doesn't as much...even so it shows not all characters can have good death scenes some are just quick and to the point.
It is about the money. I think it should be more about telling the tale of Star Wars while making money, but story should be at the front. People do die lame deaths. But let me tell you this: if Drew writess Revan's death, it will be the most epic thing that you could ever imagine. Why? Because Revan is pretty much Drew's character and he has done everything in his power to make everyone look like a chump in comparison.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
10.17.2012 , 09:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It is about the money. I think it should be more about telling the tale of Star Wars while making money, but story should be at the front. People do die lame deaths. But let me tell you this: if Drew writess Revan's death, it will be the most epic thing that you could ever imagine. Why? Because Revan is pretty much Drew's character and he has done everything in his power to make everyone look like a chump in comparison.
Probably so, haven't seen the creator of a character ever give them a lame death because...well its their character. I mean would you give a character, that you spent time working on, giving their abilities, stories, villains, companions, etc and at the end give them a lame death?