Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proactive solution to APAC pop issue.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Master Dar'Nala
Proactive solution to APAC pop issue.

Sildanar
10.16.2012 , 11:53 PM | #1
Let me say right from the begiining that I think the ideal solution is an instant server merge to one APAC super server and that this needs to be done ASAP. Please support Chippies excellent thread on the general forums to this effect.

Preamble over.

In this thread I want to look at what we can do irrespective of what Bioware does or does not do about server pops.
Hence proactive solutions in the title.

As back ground let me say that I think Bioware are certainly waiting to see what impact F2P will have on server pops.
I have seen a post saying that typically there is a 2-4x increase in pops in games that go F2P.
I have no idea if that is accurate.
So thats one reason why I think they will wait...no matter how much we scream on the general forums..and no matter how just and correct our cause.
They will wait and see.

Further to this and this is quite a dangerous idea...I think it likely that they will wait for some time AFTER F2P comes out to judge whether the servers pick up..Maybe 1-3 months...
Which would be huge for us!

As has been posted on our server forums by a number of posters, many doubt our server will survive till F2P.
I must admit to being deeply sceptical about it as well, though with Cartel coins being given out already perhaps its closer than we thought
But 1-3 months after that? I fear that would certainly be the absolute end if there was not an amazing pickup in Pop, but as I think Kei said...who would want to join a dieing server??
Perhaps Im panicing, but it certainly something to consider.

The forums have been quite acrimonious of late, and as one poster put it, its like starving men fighting over the last scraps of food.

Its dieing we all know it.

Mosus has posted a thread about Master Dar'Nala on the Bastion, which is a worthy idea and I congratualte him on tacking that positive proactive step.

A couple of issues I have about this idea.

1/ What about our awesome latency?
2/ When I checked, the Bastion seems to have about the same pop as us during Aussie/NZ prime time so it seems little benefit unless you play outside of these times...which puts you in North American prime time...then good for you
3/ What about the Aussie community which despite the recent acrimony I have quite enjoyed?

My idea is this, depending on the feedback here I intend to start a thread on the other 2 APAC server forums to get a discussion going about all three servers coming to a general consensus about manually re-rolling to 1 APAC server.
Essentially doing the consolidation for ourselves.

Now my thoughts on this idea.

I hate it...I dont want to re-roll yet again and I want Bioware to fix the server pop issue ASAP.
But this is about what we can actually do...what we have control over to make our game time more enjoyable.

To be clear Im not exactly advocating abandoning this server altogether, Im suggesting that we might encourage leveling of an Alt on the selected server, creating guilds etc on that server for people who are leveling there to keep in touch etc etc.
Pretty much its like Mosus's idea but staying on an APAC server.

What do you think of this idea?
Do you have any positive ideas so that we can enjoy this game?

Please keep it positive, If I want whinging I can read 4 million other posts..

It cant hurt to talk can it?

Cheers in Advance
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

Antiskeptic
10.17.2012 , 12:17 AM | #2
My other thread is meant to be for those who do play outside of our server prime time. I would hope and encourage those that join us to be still playing on our server during it's prime time.

But I do to some degree like this idea, if enough people get behind it that play out of prime time I would abandon the bastion and reroll there. (Luckily my toon on the bastion is still low level. ha.)

There are many active things we can be doing on our server to improve our prime time as well.

I think that people getting behind the ideas of Balanced RWZ games on a sunday afternoon or casual OPS runs on an evening, will give people in small guilds/not in a guild etc etc to be involved in the community.
Balanced games would just require an imperial member/guild to pick up the slack, we've had some pub games and they went well, well attended and some good competition.
For the Casual ops, to run well I think another pub guild and a couple of imp guilds to buy into this idea would be needed as well. They're great fun and a way to gear up alts and now also to get money as credit drops from trash has been increased.
//

Le_Spiff
10.17.2012 , 12:19 AM | #3
What server would you propose we invade?

I don't mind doing it so long as I have some people to level with. I'd hate to level to 50 again by myself. Took forever.
The Bastion - PT Daecon 55
The Harbinger - PT Chithon 55 Merc Deacon 55 Mara Loong'Dragon 55 Sin Daemon 55

Antiskeptic
10.17.2012 , 12:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Le_Spiff View Post
What server would you propose we invade?

I don't mind doing it so long as I have some people to level with. I'd hate to level to 50 again by myself. Took forever.
I'd say the highest pop server would be best. But I'm not sure which one that is. It seems to be the RP server, but when you log into both there is more 50's on the PVE server than the RP server. (I think the RP pop thing for server selection is bugged.)

Edit: I would assume PVE would be safest in terms of their server type being the in between of both.
//

Le_Spiff
10.17.2012 , 12:28 AM | #5
Is it called Gav Daragon, or something?
The Bastion - PT Daecon 55
The Harbinger - PT Chithon 55 Merc Deacon 55 Mara Loong'Dragon 55 Sin Daemon 55

Sildanar
10.17.2012 , 12:32 AM | #6
Yeah Im not sure which server would be best, so I propose to start a thread on each of the others and get their input.
i suspect though it would be the PVE one..
Starcaller Legacy
PVP Healer

ausmisc
10.17.2012 , 12:41 AM | #7
Aussie servers on 17/10/12 1735hrs EST (level 50 players only)

(RP) Republic:15 Imperial: 35
(PVE) Republic:78 Imperial: 86
(PVP) Republic: 38 Imperial: 65

US West Coast Servers on 17/10/12 1745hrs EST

(Harbinger) Republic: 100+ Imperial: 100+ (can't get to fleet sorry but looks to be at least 2 fleet instances- a pm says it's 223 people in instance 1) ((there are 104 imperials in warzones))

I know the Bastion is a PVP server, but if I were looking for population and longevity of SWTOR experience I'd be rolling on The Harbinger. Midian came from a PVE server and there was some damn tough competition on there.

Antiskeptic
10.17.2012 , 12:55 AM | #8
Dalborra is the PVE server
Gav Daragon is the RP server.

The Bastion PVP Imp: 159 @ 17:54pm
Pubs: 84
//

Sildanar
10.17.2012 , 01:34 AM | #9
I would like to get some firm data on each of the APAC servers and the Harbinger and The Bastion at
7pm-10pm ie APAC prime time.
from the data posted above (thanks Ward) it seems the APAC RP peeps are really hurting, even worse than us

If we can get this data for each hour during that period we have some firm numbers to base any decision around.

I'll get the details on The Bastion tonight and post them here.

Thanks for the prompt responses and positive input

ps. from your numbers Ward I'm going to presume the RP peeps might be interested. I will post on their forums and direct them to this thread. We will use this as a central point for further discussion across the 3 APAC servers.

Cheers mate.
Starcaller Legacy
PVP Healer

ZIMMOZMAN
10.17.2012 , 01:35 AM | #10
i agree with this thread i would gladly reroll on another APAC server if alot of others do. I would love being in a group of 4 to level. doing this altogether is the only way this will work.
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE