Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

sir-rob
10.16.2012 , 09:49 PM | #21
i so agree with a few of you guys here i have tryed the guild thing and group stuff just not for me so iam a pug for now . as iam new to mmo's (this is my first one )i love pvping but i do think the premades make it very hard at time for ppl like myself to really enjoy the match it not like i have to win every match just don't like it when its unfair and its a whitewash when ppl make premade with like heaps of healers and or side have none. permade should be for ranked only and normal pvp should be solo /duo que only and setup like the group finder with a good mix of players , in game chat in pvp would be nice also. or if they let premade do normal make it so its balnced and it in game chat and premade go up againt other premades not pug groups. just makes it fair on every one and more ppl will most likly que for pvp if they knew there was a chance at wining and have same fun it just no fun haveing your *** handed to you by a bunch of ppl who all know each other and all can play well together this is a game ppl play to have fun if there not haveing fun there not going to play and pvp will just get smaller and smaller in numbers .

mrmjrat, mjrat, rprat, mr'rat, phoebemarre, robpual, lillymae. just a few of my toons lol

Ssfbistimg
10.16.2012 , 09:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
First off, did I say RPers don't know how to PvP? No, Learn2read.

Second, what you said about getting owned by other premades proves my point even further: you decide to Premade on RP servers because you'd get totally trashed on a PvP Server, but on an RP server you'd get trashed less often, so thanks for that.

And you basically lost the entire argument when you mention you Premaded. No durr a Premader is gonna try defend themselves.
pvp servers have horrible warzone players. seriously when are people going to get it through their thick skulls. being on a pvp server doesn't make you good at warzones. It means you like owpvp plain and simple. thats all. Their are plenty of great warzone pvp'ers who dont like the ganking in owpvp. Please stop making yourself look like an idiot by saying pve/rp servers would get owned on pvp servers in warzones. I was on Wound In The Force (a pvp server at launch) The warzones there were filled with horrible players. I was then asked by my friend to go to Juyo (a pve server) as thats where his guild was placed. Juyo had way better warzone players from top to bottom.

Apaolo
10.16.2012 , 10:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Invictusthetaru View Post
It must be because I destroy these pre mades. Is there any way we can give them more advantages so that I can have a challenge?
I missed joo mang! <3

iSoldat
10.16.2012 , 10:54 PM | #24
If the war heroes don't like q'ing with the 'bads' why don't we see the WH population arguing for tiered queues by valor? I believe that there is something to be said for those that choose to face roll pugs. I was in vent today on my imp while my guildees on the pub side were doing premades and heard them all complain that is was boring face rolling the pugs, but they were more interested in finishing their dailies to get more WH gear to min/max or pass to their alts.

If the queues were tiered and the valor awarded was miniscule for those that aren't objective oriented, then they obviously won't be moving to the next tier very quickly, at least until they L2P. Make the objectives where valor points come from to force the bads into learning the WZ goals.

I've heard the L2P argument, but it's a little difficult to L2P when you are sporting less than 15k HP in recruit when you get rolled in less than 3 seconds. Not everyone has a push/knock back or a emergency stealth ability in their pocket to avoid the WHs who are critting 5k+ every few milli-seconds. What can you really learn by being taken down that fast? Avoid a sent/maur? they find you, it's not like you can hide and avoid contact. If it's an aoe, that's easy to avoid, run out of the circle, unless you are stunned/rooted. I think aoe's should apply friendly fire on team mates, even it is reduced, but that's just MHO, because using live ordinance isn't freindly to the freindlies.

Rigsta
10.16.2012 , 10:59 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
3. Quit the WZ. There is no deserter debuff. I used to argue very strongly against people leaving WZs, calling them cowards etc. That was in February. Now? It's simple cost/benefit analysis. If the cost in personal frustration is higher than the benefit of 80 comms and 2k creds, bounce.
Heh, 80 you say? I know what you mean, though it takes an obscenely miserable warzone to make me quit a WZ. I've been averaging 50 per match. Today we had healers and I've been averaging 70-80. Didn't see how many I got for today's single win, I was too shocked.

And here's the result of the most fun warzone I've ever had in SWTOR. It went back and forth, I literally didn't know who would win until the WZ ended. I was constantly using the ops chat for updates, calling inc, and to tell everyone to leave the now-empty node that we just cleared and get over to the other one.

Honestly, the problem is not pre-mades. The problem is matchmaking. Automated matchmaking is never perfect, but damn it there are all kinds statistics that can be measured and it can be done pretty well instead of just rolling the dice. Let's just choose one at random, say, GEAR LEVEL. Or MAXIMUM HEALTH. Or PRIMARY STAT. What a concept.

Since hitting 50 I've had one or perhaps two really close matches. Out of 28 (21 loss, 7 win). Which is a serious problem, because those are the matches that are really fun, the ones that make competitive games worth playing - and even worth spectating.

iSoldat
10.16.2012 , 11:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rigsta View Post
Heh, 80 you say? I know what you mean, though it takes an obscenely miserable warzone to make me quit a WZ. I've been averaging 50 per match. Today we had healers and I've been averaging 70-80. Didn't see how many I got for today's single win, I was too shocked.

And here's the result of the most fun warzone I've ever had in SWTOR. It went back and forth...
That top image looked like an aweful time, I would've enjoyed the second match, win or lose. But alas, BW doesn't see that as a problem with the first match-up or they would have done something about it. Some of the hard-core pvpr's don't see the problem either and would rather they get their coms and valor regardless of the match-up.

Akomo
10.16.2012 , 11:17 PM | #27
I disagree.Nothing more to add.Learn to pvp as a group.Duel friends.Get better.Use stims.Play often.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

Halacs
10.16.2012 , 11:54 PM | #28
They need to make pvp cross server and any group two plus gets put in a premade queue. This would allow all numbers of premised groups to be put together to make 8v8.

That way the premades can get the competition they so crave by going against other groups.

Yes, I would be lumped into that most of the time as well since I pvp with my friends.
Proper Dual spec please.
Free flying space combat
Cross server PVP, OP's, & FP's
Fix Ability Delay/misfire

Sharn-
10.17.2012 , 12:32 AM | #29
I like to run with at least one friend when I pvp so that I know there will be at least one other person I can count on to be doing what is suppose to be done to win the game, you would be amazed how much of a difference one other person you can count on will make.

Whether I solo q or q with a friend or two, I very rarely queue with a full group of four but it does happen sometimes, the wait period is never more then 10 minutes and that is after midnight, during prime time its usually around a two to three minute wait with a rare longer wait from time to time.

I am only here posting because I have some time to kill before bed, and got tired of pvp after a few games of watching people over commit to objectives or ignore them completely. The breaking point was watching a guy spend two minutes pounding on a dps while a sage stood 15 meters away healing him completely unmolested by anyone but me, this is after I marked him and called him out as a healer, but tanks have a bit of trouble burning down guarded healers alone.

Masarko
10.17.2012 , 12:44 AM | #30
Id rather face a premade on Civil War than a pug group, why?

Because those ive met dont quit at (i.e 150-320) its so lame having to go to the enemys medal farm to get some action for a good 5minutes.

Some pugs are a bunch of horribads and should not be allowed to get on the internet, I even like leavers more than these kinds