Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uluain
10.16.2012 , 06:41 PM | #2371
I think that is only mildly passive-aggressive. It's fine.

I have not bothered anyone recently, as I have interpreted that by a.) allowing my thread asking specifically for a confirmation of Gabe Amatangelo's leak regarding SRGs with Makeb to remain open on General Discussion and b.) the lack of any official response to be (along with Hall Hood's mysterious disappearing tweet) a non-confirmation confirmation that SGRs are expected to roll out with Makeb. Since they cannot confirm that, I find it unlikely that they will be able to tell us anything else right now. But there has been enough indications that they want to tell us when they can which I am inclined to believe that they will.

Not saying we shouldn't keep unanswered questions visible (many are as old as this thread). Just that on my end, I am not pushing hard for those answers right now.

Biancaneri
10.16.2012 , 07:06 PM | #2372
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
So, I just Google "EA Ginger Maseda Contact" and... now I have a sad

My post is the third result on Google. Why Google? Why? D:

So I did the logical thing: annoy Mr. Gonzalez with another request that will be ignored.
If you're absolutely out of luck, I guess you could always try contacting here through Facebook. I found it rather easily through simply searching her name through Google, and her page lists her position at EA, so as long as you're respectful and polite, I don't see that it'd be an issue.

Uluain
10.16.2012 , 07:26 PM | #2373
I don't think it is necessarily helpful to go up as far as EA for this. Based on the fact that Joveth and others have mentioned sending things for approval before release, the okay to release information is probably handled in-studio. At a guess, the General Manager, Matt Bromberg, is who you'd want to approach. I gave the ground mail address and phone number in this thread a while ago.

Henu
10.16.2012 , 07:38 PM | #2374
can i just say something. Not being negative or anti gay or anything but if you look at this from Bioware's stand point and see the amount of work to be done to implement this and then look at the track record of the game and the decline in subs, well then you must realize that your most likely not going to get this in game.

Like it or not this game isnt going to well, it would be a HUGE waist of money and time for Bioware to do this, and for what? its all about money and im sorry to say but you most likely will never see this in Swtor.
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

Uluain
10.16.2012 , 07:46 PM | #2375
One, the money and development time has already been spent. Gabe Amatangelo has already said that it is just a matter of getting this onto the release schedule.

Two, the game lost subs early. Those were probably not people who would have stayed with the game anyway. On my server, I see players brand new to the game all the time. SWTOR isn't dying. It is still finding players, they have huge amounts of content lined up for 2013, and F2P is going to be a huge new influx of money.

So we know it has been worked on, we have all but had it confirmed officially that it is coming with Makeb. Players who find development time spent on this will just have to realize that not everyone is going to like everything added to the game.

natashina
10.16.2012 , 08:39 PM | #2376
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
can i just say something. Not being negative or anti gay or anything but if you look at this from Bioware's stand point and see the amount of work to be done to implement this and then look at the track record of the game and the decline in subs, well then you must realize that your most likely not going to get this in game.

Like it or not this game isnt going to well, it would be a HUGE waist of money and time for Bioware to do this, and for what? its all about money and im sorry to say but you most likely will never see this in Swtor.

This is from 9/07 from the this thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, I'm here to give a quick update to this issue. It's not much, but we actually do not have any new information to share with you at this time. Should that change, I'll be more than happy to update this thread!

Thanks for your patience and thank you for supporting the game! As I mentioned in the email to Uluain, we really do appreciate your discussions on here and we are definitely keeping tabs.

MTFBWY
This from Hall Hood on 9/25(as seen on the FAQ currently):

Quote: Originally Posted by Hall Hood
(1/2)@StoleTarts Thanks, Megan. I know it's frustrating to wait for answers, but be assured we're not ignoring our SGR fans.
So yes, SGRs are being worked on. I suspect that a lot of the work was done before launch, but they couldn't finish it in time.

This is why we need a community manager or even a developer to come in and talk with us openly. The current state of BW's team and the game itself looks like it has some players nervous about the future of SGRs.

Baptes
10.16.2012 , 09:00 PM | #2377
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
This is from 9/07 from the this thread:

This from Hall Hood on 9/25(as seen on the FAQ currently):

So yes, SGRs are being worked on. I suspect that a lot of the work was done before launch, but they couldn't finish it in time.

This is why we need a community manager or even a developer to come in and talk with us openly. The current state of BW's team and the game itself looks like it has some players nervous about the future of SGRs.
Seriously, if I was a community manager I would have this huge urge to pull a Sam Kinison and start screaming "SAY IT!! SAY IT!!!". Of course I would shortly lose my job, but man it would feel good.

Talk to us. We have waited this long, we're not going to go all postal on you. Just give us a few simple answers to a few simple questions. You're not guarding the Queen's Jewels here, it is a bit of info on how SGRA will work. Time to break down that wall of silence.

natashina
10.16.2012 , 09:25 PM | #2378
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
Seriously, if I was a community manager I would have this huge urge to pull a Sam Kinison and start screaming "SAY IT!! SAY IT!!!". Of course I would shortly lose my job, but man it would feel good.
Sorry for the sidetrack, but man I haven't seen Back To School in years! Rodney Dangerfield was a genius and Sam was, is and will always be one of my heroes. <sniffle> I had some very cool parents and they let me see all of his taped specials as a kid. I enjoy him even more in my 30s.

Quote:
Talk to us. We have waited this long, we're not going to go all postal on you. Just give us a few simple answers to a few simple questions. You're not guarding the Queen's Jewels here, it is a bit of info on how SGRA will work. Time to break down that wall of silence.
Simply echo'ing this. A little bit of direct information would go a really long way at this point.

natashina
10.16.2012 , 09:47 PM | #2379
Edit: My rant really isn't appropriate right now. I'll post it again later, maybe.

Uluain
10.16.2012 , 09:48 PM | #2380
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
Yes, please. Joveth, Allison, Loyal Community Support Person anonymously reading this. We aren't asking when (we know that, more or less, and that is enough). We are asking how. This affects how people are choosing to play so as not to miss out.

Answers to any of my recent questions are welcome, but some detail as to how these new romantic options will work for existing player characters is the very most important. Please escalate this to whoever can approve a discussion of this. Please let us hear from the Dev Team how this will work.