Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing and Cybertech Schematics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing and Cybertech Schematics

TheJigawatt
01.03.2012 , 03:32 PM | #1
My crafting set up at the moment is Scavenging, Cybertech and Slicing. I mainly acquired slicing so that I could acquire good schematics for my cybertech craft, but so far I have come up with nothing but the standard augments and lockboxes. I just want to know, at what level in Slicing will I acquire good Cybertech schematics? (as of right now I have a round 200 in all of my crafting skills).

If it comes to the fact that it will take a lot more time to get any schematics I will switch to Underworld Trading, as I have gotten a little bored with Slicing and UT will help me craft better stuff. Any help or insight would be awesome.

SQUADRON 14-610

All the Way to Alderaan

Strongtooth
01.03.2012 , 03:37 PM | #2
It comes when your skill is a little higher. I have so many I cant sell them fast enough.

Racheakt
01.03.2012 , 03:37 PM | #3
I have had better luck getting schematics out of moderate missions.

RNG though YMMV

Also run any slicing mission discovery you get, I have all 3 speeder formulas, most of the tier 4 ship upgrades.

I have not seen any mod/armoring/earpiece formulas now that you mention it....

Lankybrit
01.03.2012 , 03:43 PM | #4
Woah, hold on a second. I thought you could only have 1 skill of each type. Is that not right? If so, I'm a dummy.

Cheers.

Ingmar
01.03.2012 , 03:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lankybrit View Post
Woah, hold on a second. I thought you could only have 1 skill of each type. Is that not right? If so, I'm a dummy.

Cheers.
Only the actual production skills are limited in that way. You could have 3 mission skills or 3 gathering skills if you wanted.

DervimNorth
01.03.2012 , 03:48 PM | #6
Slicing is a one huge lottery, as it is right now. I've had 390 space craft schematics back when I just started leveling it up, but as soon as I've maxed-zilch.

Too bad I've sold most of my schematics.

TrifKaylon
01.03.2012 , 03:50 PM | #7
I'm sitting at around 350 slicing. I got 4 epic >45 Cybertech schematics over the weekend. I might just have haxdice, but I think the drop rate is decent once you level it up. Just make sure you're sticking to Rich and Abundant yields.
The Jados Legacy
Captain Trif Jados
Agent Cein Jados
Lord Carrm Jados

Rhinoplat
01.03.2012 , 04:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheJigawatt View Post
My crafting set up at the moment is Scavenging, Cybertech and Slicing. I mainly acquired slicing so that I could acquire good schematics for my cybertech craft, but so far I have come up with nothing but the standard augments and lockboxes. I just want to know, at what level in Slicing will I acquire good Cybertech schematics? (as of right now I have a round 200 in all of my crafting skills).

If it comes to the fact that it will take a lot more time to get any schematics I will switch to Underworld Trading, as I have gotten a little bored with Slicing and UT will help me craft better stuff. Any help or insight would be awesome.

I have all 3 of those at 400 and I will tell you, that you don't get any "good" schematics from slicing. The good schematics are for the ships which they have a dozen or more of on the GTN.

I took slicing thinking I would get some good schematics as well, but at live they made what I wanted fall under the Investigation/Underworld Trading skills. Personally I would bypass Slicing if you are only interested in the schematics.

Karzgan
10.16.2012 , 08:24 PM | #9
i was wondering is there any guardian mods prints out there to collect from missions? for around lv37-40 chars all i seen that i can make or buy has like only +12-15 endurance and i need something with alot more then that.