Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error 208

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rhaden
10.16.2012 , 08:00 PM | #1
I am receiving this error (208) at the launcher when attempting to access the game. It says unable to retrieve patch data, and to check my connection. My connection is fine as I am here posting this on the same connection. My firewall settings are unchanged since well before this maintenance. I ran the Fixlauncher.exe application to no avail. I am on the Harbinger server.

Cerimon
10.16.2012 , 08:10 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Rhaden,
[Old steps, do not use]

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Oscarzooloo
08.22.2013 , 09:23 AM | #3
I am having this same problem as well. I am receiving this error (208) at the launcher when attempting to access the game. It says unable to retrieve patch data, and to check my connection. My connection is fine. You told one guy to delete a file, but I am unsure as to exactly what file to delete! Please help me out. I am deployed and this is how my son and I stay connected with each other.

Beesodd
08.22.2013 , 10:08 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Oscarzooloo,

This was a very old fix, and is no longer useful.

The error code you descibe indicates a connection issue, usually firewall or anti-virus related. Please remove and re-add the game and launcher to your exceptions lists for both of these, then try again.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Oscarzooloo
08.22.2013 , 03:23 PM | #5
I am sorry again to waste your time. Could you walk me through those steps?

Oscarzooloo
08.23.2013 , 10:01 AM | #6
Really, is that it? Am I on my own here?

Beesodd
08.23.2013 , 10:15 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi again,

Sorry, I was away when your response came previously. How to check these will vary by your provider, so it's best to check on their sites/help articles, but they're generally pretty simple, and similar enough. For example, here is the guide to adding an exception to the Windows Firewall: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ndows-Firewall

There's a bit more information on the general process here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...hp?t=498597#14

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

WingWingWoffo
09.27.2015 , 08:00 AM | #8
hi sorry, about the windows thingy do I allow private and public?

OwenBrooks
09.27.2015 , 08:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by WingWingWoffo View Post
hi sorry, about the windows thingy do I allow private and public?
Yes for both inbound and outbound