Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Experience on Darth Jadus fight

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Experience on Darth Jadus fight

johnaswfc
09.27.2012 , 05:00 PM | #11
OrYcle, thanks for taking the time to reply & for your advice, I'll keep trying.

Hawksworth
10.03.2012 , 05:05 PM | #12
This fight was so fail, an agent taking down the second most powerful sith in the galaxy. Felt completely unbelievable.

Nerak-Ral
10.05.2012 , 04:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DropbearSW

Wait till you get to one of the truly difficult boss fights in this game, like Baras or Thanaton, or heaven forbid, [I
Zash[/I]

I've heard from many that Zash is pretty easy...
The Harbinger

_biddan_
10.05.2012 , 02:50 PM | #14
i kicked his *** with my lvl 32 sniper using vector.
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Darkondo
10.15.2012 , 04:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DropbearSW View Post
if you're going to give up because of one (relatively simple) boss fight then I think gaming is not for you.

Wait till you get to one of the truly difficult boss fights in this game, like Baras or Thanaton, or heaven forbid, Zash.

Any ideas? it's a MMO. if you can't do it alone, bring a friend.
Your the 1st person ive heard of who actually thought Thanaton was hard. And Zash isnt that hard with a sorc although for a sin shes nearly impossible. Zhorrid i find harder than Zash simply because they fight the same way but you fight Zash in a large open area where its easy to move out of Aoe's where u fight Zhorrid in her office where 1 force storm covers the entire room. As for Jadus just interrupt EVERYTHING and break his LOS (Line of Sight) when u cant interrupt so he doesnt get off an attack.

Prophanicus
11.26.2012 , 03:29 PM | #16
I tried this fight on my lvl 30 sniper 5 times. I died in gruesome ways each time. I tried the 'hide behind machines to interrupt his casting', I tried the kiting and several other obscure methods. In the end got tired of strategy and decided to give it one last try, simply full-nuke.

1 I sent in Vector (on dot-stance). Once he woke Jadus up, I pulled Vector back, to get Jadus off the platform.

2 I gave him all barrels, without moving from the spot. (While telling Vector to resume the attack ofc). I dished out as much dmg as I could possibly squeeze in. No running, no hiding, no backing off.

3 I used interrupts whenever I could, but I never moved from the spot. If he came too close I knocked him back. Therefore I could spam my heavy dmg abilities. Jadus was dead in no-time, and I was alive and somewhat surprised.

I tried the same strategy each phase during the fight. No problem. Didn't expect it to work... but it did.
But... but... in the universe I experienced, Revan was a woman!

Rugi
11.27.2012 , 11:13 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Prophanicus View Post
I tried this fight on my lvl 30 sniper 5 times. I died in gruesome ways each time. I tried the 'hide behind machines to interrupt his casting', I tried the kiting and several other obscure methods. In the end got tired of strategy and decided to give it one last try, simply full-nuke.

1 I sent in Vector (on dot-stance). Once he woke Jadus up, I pulled Vector back, to get Jadus off the platform.

2 I gave him all barrels, without moving from the spot. (While telling Vector to resume the attack ofc). I dished out as much dmg as I could possibly squeeze in. No running, no hiding, no backing off.

3 I used interrupts whenever I could, but I never moved from the spot. If he came too close I knocked him back. Therefore I could spam my heavy dmg abilities. Jadus was dead in no-time, and I was alive and somewhat surprised.

I tried the same strategy each phase during the fight. No problem. Didn't expect it to work... but it did.
Congrats. You realized that Jadus is a dps race.

RyanReagan
11.28.2012 , 11:05 AM | #18
The fight has always been tougher than it needs to be. Not that that is a problem. It just seems like they take the training wheels off before teaching you to ride. Good news, there aren't many solo fights that are this challenging in the game.

Snipers, it is a gear check and DPS race. Make sure your gear as good as it can get. Interrupt and do your best at keeping him away from you while DPS'n him down. A good stim, adrenal and medpack will be very handy.

Operatives can simply kite around the terminals with corrosive dart and self-heals. He doesn't enrage and while it may take a while, the strategy works well enough. Unfortunately an active companion is going to be cannon fodder pretty early because you won't be doing enough to keep aggro.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Durpderp
12.06.2012 , 03:22 AM | #19
This fight was intensely annoying, but i found that LOSing worked, took me a few trys but meh. Vector is a better tank then Kaliyo imo he may not hold threat too well, but when he can...**** drops quick.

joshbyrd
12.06.2012 , 10:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by FulkerS View Post
Wish every other topic in this forum didn't inform me that Jadus didn't die.
THANK YOU! this really upsets me, i think this is probably one of the biggest twists in the best storyline in the game and now its ruined for me simply because i came to the forums looking for more info on this class. some people simply have no consideration for their fellow gamer. i can't believe this thing has been up since march. take this POS thread DOWN please! this thread could have easily been called "Help with final boss." not even a spoiler alert geez....