Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Feeling seriously cheated in artifice crafting by new offhands

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Feeling seriously cheated in artifice crafting by new offhands

LeJarC
10.14.2012 , 10:16 AM | #1
I'm surprised to not be able to find a post that deals with this issue. I spent a considerable amount of time, game money and effort into getting purple schematics for the crafted offhand gear. Now that I finally am nearing the point to have every variant for the mid range levels, out comes a patch and introduces offhand gear that can be upgraded.

This made me feel very ambivalent, on the one hand as player I say yowza no more hunting for a better offhand item, just get new item mods and good to go the next couple of levels. But on the other hand as a crafter I feel I have been cheated out of a lot of game enjoyment by having most all of my offhand schematics become worthless practically overnight. I mean, who's gonna buy crafted purple offhand items if there's no item modification slots in there?

I wouldn't...and I can even craft them myself.

If it wasn't flogging a dead horse I would almost ask how BW is going to compensate me for all the enjoyment they've taken out of the game for me by me having wasted an unbelievable amount of time on gathering materials and reverse engineering that I could have spent on leveling another character.

BaronV
10.15.2012 , 12:04 AM | #2
I feel sory for you.

Im an artificer too but i focus on crystals n hilts.

Didnt even know they created moddable offhands. The player in me rushes off to look for a moddable offhand.

Feel sorry for you.
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Alec_Fortescue
10.15.2012 , 01:31 AM | #3
How can you feel cheated? (End-game crafting I am talking about here) Campaign off-hands were absolutely rubbish (Black hole mk-? were better than those). You couldn't have reverse enginered the BH shields but the rubbish Campaign. Off-hands were simply not worth the time and effort of any artifcer. Market for the off-hands is and was dead. There was no proper money to make out of it. Artifice is all about hilts and enhancements since 1.2. Hey look. With moddable shields, ppl are going to look for more enhancements from ya.

Reverse engineering level 47 shields was a waste of time. Don't know why you bothered.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

Sentanta
10.15.2012 , 02:20 AM | #4
I feel that most of the crafting professions are like this - totally pointless - the only things that really sell now are mods - and stims of course!
“Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.”

A home for SWG vets!

Petnil
10.15.2012 , 03:04 AM | #5
For endgame it has litle effect, but for leveling it has. Not much of a problem imo. Armor crafters have had to deal with this since day one, exept for belt and bracers. Belt and bracers were "taken away" from armormech and synthweavers too. Now it´s the same.

Foobert
10.15.2012 , 03:26 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
For endgame it has litle effect, but for leveling it has. Not much of a problem imo. Armor crafters have had to deal with this since day one, exept for belt and bracers. Belt and bracers were "taken away" from armormech and synthweavers too. Now it´s the same.
not really, since the drop rates on faction-appropriate orange belts and bracers are still very low. That's why they don't exist on the GTN or go for 200k each from the 10 people per server that managed to get a schem for those or the people that run FPs so frequently they had a few to spare.

Anyway, I have yet to come across an orange schems for offhands. Just wait for more of them to drop and then you can start making the orange offhands

MorgothPl
10.15.2012 , 05:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Foobert View Post
not really, since the drop rates on faction-appropriate orange belts and bracers are still very low. That's why they don't exist on the GTN or go for 200k each from the 10 people per server that managed to get a schem for those or the people that run FPs so frequently they had a few to spare.

Anyway, I have yet to come across an orange schems for offhands. Just wait for more of them to drop and then you can start making the orange offhands
Orange belts and bracers can be bought from legacy vendors on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas, so you don't have to pay insane prices on GTN

Offhand items you can get from Belsavis commendations, and knives you can purchase on DK from specialty goods seller in spaceport

LeJarC
10.15.2012 , 10:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
How can you feel cheated? (End-game crafting I am talking about here) Campaign off-hands were absolutely rubbish (Black hole mk-? were better than those). You couldn't have reverse enginered the BH shields but the rubbish Campaign. Off-hands were simply not worth the time and effort of any artifcer. Market for the off-hands is and was dead. There was no proper money to make out of it. Artifice is all about hilts and enhancements since 1.2. Hey look. With moddable shields, ppl are going to look for more enhancements from ya.

Reverse engineering level 47 shields was a waste of time. Don't know why you bothered.
Who's talking about end-game crafting? I was referring to mid-range offhands, e.g. lvl 15 to say lvl 40 and I've sold enough artifact quality offhands to know it wasn't a waste of time then.

Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Orange belts and bracers can be bought from legacy vendors on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas, so you don't have to pay insane prices on GTN

Offhand items you can get from Belsavis commendations, and knives you can purchase on DK from specialty goods seller in spaceport
True, they can be bought from Legacy Vendor, but 75K/100K still ain't cheap, and you need a legacy enabled char to be able to buy them. Although on GTN orange belts go for around 10K-20K.
Same for the gear you can get from daily commendations. Not an option for those in the mid level range from 10-40 still trying to get their first char to lvl 50 (which was the market I was targeting)