Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The obsolete class!

LuciferinDNA
10.15.2012 , 01:49 AM | #1
Trooper - incredible high armor rate(tank), shield enable, ranged, can roll hybrid - tank can have good dps, dps can have great defense, healer - 70% mobility till use heal skills, guard (tank)
con - healer a bit lacking till the nerf, Vamguard needs support till his survivor skills lacking vs other (Adrenaline vs Guarded by the Force)
Jedi Knight - incredible high armor rate(tank), shield enable, dual wield enable, ranged (lets don't be mislead by the saber in there hands , )), can roll hybrid, most DMG, best DPS, best mobility, best immunities , guard (tank), CC with dmg (best CC), best CC immunity, can hide - have to go class
con - no heal skills, boring to play
Smuggler - ranged, can roll hybrid, 99% mobility till use heals, great DPS, high DMG, cover, can hide, most skills to use (fun to play), can have medium armor, best aoe CC
con - worst immunity skills, don't have tank, cover is more a stationary target then shelter

Consular - shield enable, guard, best support healer (?), force speed, can hide, good aoe CC from skill tree(Cinetic Collapse)
con - nearly zero mobility till heal, can have just light armor, force shield obsolete till now days dmg, has the only tank spec that not ranged (30m attack) but has the worst armor rate like a tank , no chance for hybrid, zero self survivability for healer compared to other classes, "slave class" - to play effective you can interrupt and sacrifice with shadow dps, or support with heal other till the end of the world like sage.

Thread?

(I have lvl 50 from all classes)

DallianWyrd
10.15.2012 , 01:55 AM | #2
I suggest you seperate class with their advance class counter part.

As a side note, JEDI KNIGHT = RANGED ? erm no...the majority of their skills are 4 meters range. They only have a handfull of 30 meters attack: Gardian Saber throw is 30, but the Sentinel one isn't for instance.
They have gap closer (force jump) that is 30m. And that is all I can think of for the moment.
Account created in 2008, Proud CE owner, Link to my Twitter and Twitch.tv
Présentation de la Falcon Squadron (PVE/PVP)
The Kore Legacy on DN.
Dallian,Xepher

LuciferinDNA
10.15.2012 , 03:29 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DallianWyrd View Post
I suggest you seperate class with their advance class counter part.

As a side note, JEDI KNIGHT = RANGED ? erm no...the majority of their skills are 4 meters range. They only have a handfull of 30 meters attack: Gardian Saber throw is 30, but the Sentinel one isn't for instance.
They have gap closer (force jump) that is 30m. And that is all I can think of for the moment.
Sorry, that I didn't made separate advanced class pro/con, but this thread is for players with expert knowledge about the game, till they can handle an issue, make opinion about a thread like this. And I assume, that they all know well this classes , )
If the thread moves the community I will gladly involve my self to a discussion in deeper way, not just separate my opinion to advanced classes, to even for skills, gears, team play, solo play issues.

In my eyes
ranged combat in SWTOR means : when you see a character (opponent) in 10-30m range and you can interact with it, then the played class HAS the range ability. For me its no matter if the character shots space shuttle travels the seed of light, or handle a short knife by the game animation, if its within 4m, the ability is a melee one, if its has the ability to bypass 4 to 10 or 30 (35)by ignoring walkable terrain, then its a ranged.
We can say, that Shadow has 10m skills, but he can't bypass that 10m for his 4m skills and from this reason has absolutely zero advantage till he can't make distance from 10 (lets don't count a 2 minute cool-down skill with 2 shots - force potency) to have shelter, or can't bypass the distance to use his 4m tools (I don't count force speed, till it can be used just in walkable terrain - not range)

Gyronamics
10.15.2012 , 03:40 AM | #4
What are you on about man.

Ranged attacks are clearly ones which you use at a distance.

Throwing yourself at someone while screaming and waving a lightsaber is not a ranged attack.

If I shoot someone from 30m I'm not next to them.

If I'm not next to them I'm not in the huge mess of AOE.

That's very important.

Also neither of the other tank specs have stealth or stealth CC, you forgetting this?

I can see this being horribly messy since you've listed a huge number of things and missed out even more.

LuciferinDNA
10.15.2012 , 03:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post

And allow you to handle dmg (I don't care about the upcoming combo, that how this time)Ignoring the walkable terrain.
So I can see its clear for both of us what ranged tool means in SWTOR , )

Daystarr
10.15.2012 , 04:03 AM | #6
What are you on about man..
I rofl'd.

Guy I quoted is right. Op, you have no clue. A Sorceror is not the same as an Assassin, much like how a Powertech isn't the same as a Mercenary. Those are the CLASSES, they define the players gameplay to go into a pack of Gold mobs and not be 1 shot by 1 of them and instead take a beating by 4 while their counterpart (I wouldn't even go that far to even call the other class a counterpart) hangs back and brings the heals.

You could have made sense with your post if you actually defined what Juggernauts and Marauders had in common (ie Vicious Slash, Charge, Smash) instead of confusingly stating GBTF and such.
Coral -
- Aseko - Marauder // Akeso - Assassin -
- Akkyvineus - Shadow // Aseka - Sentinel -
Stream // Hybrid Sin - Dat Push! - Carnage Op - Failbang

LuciferinDNA
10.15.2012 , 04:06 AM | #7

If I shoot someone from 30m I'm not next to them.

If I'm not next to them I'm not in the huge mess of AOE.

That's very important.
You are not next to them and you are not in a huge mess of AOE, till they don't want you to be there, the question is, can you move your self out if they focused on you? (insta move out, changing place in a fast way - mobility, by keep your self alive with heals till you flee)) Can you handle the upcoming dmg by your defense? Can you resist the cc for mobility? So what tools classes have and what not.
Now you will say, its more chaotic, like it was, but its not about animation, RP, fantasy (this time) no matter that your fantasy project something, like you are a close combat jedi knight or telekinetic ranged sage, but more about the tools.
Forget the background of the class this time and see the pure gaming tools, and if you have all this classes and you play a lot of pvp, pvp you will see what is my issue , )

LuciferinDNA
10.15.2012 , 04:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Daystarr View Post
I

You could have made sense with your post if you actually defined what Juggernauts and Marauders had in common (ie Vicious Slash, Charge, Smash) instead of confusingly stating GBTF and such.
, ) but if I start a thread like that, it will be just a simple qq thread (the 1000. qq thread connected to this skills: )) And the goal in my eyes would be not the nerf of this skills, or any other skill, but the upgrade of the consular class (the upgrade of there tools not dmg outcome from an existing skill or a bit more AC - it won't handle anything, just would lead to unbalance and would open threads like "Vicious Slash, Charge, Smash OP nerf them" - it don't serves the game in my eyes...

The reason way I opened this issue in this chaotic way and not coming out with spec skills, ability, that it would be way to subjective and split by supporting my subjective view about that skill or not . But it would be more a lobby for your favorite class , ) So has no meaning. I'm more interested about the tools, what a class can use till game play, then the power of the existing spec skill.
And ones more, we all know this classes, we all know how they work, what they can do with there tools and if some one not, then he should go and try them (its not a tutorial, ))

Nursejenna
10.15.2012 , 04:33 AM | #9
Did this post really happen? ...or did I just have a stroke...
~*Nursejen*~
Readers are plentiful; thinkers are rare.

Olostur
10.15.2012 , 04:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nursejenna View Post
Did this post really happen? ...or did I just have a stroke...
Definitely a stro - *ack* *gurgle*
~ Darth Decimal ~