Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who else would've liked to join Malgus' New Empire?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Who else would've liked to join Malgus' New Empire?

10.09.2012 , 03:14 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBandeth View Post
Did you even read my post? I didn't say it was true, I just said it was on the star wars wiki.
I know, I'm just affirming that this is pure speculation - so everyone is aware. I expect he is coming back though.

10.09.2012 , 11:04 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBandeth View Post
Because Malgus's New Empire was a greater threat. Given enough time he would have had an even greater stealth armada and nobody would have been able to stand against him.

*Edit* Found that bit I saw on the star wars wiki about Malgus surviving, no way of confirming whether or not it's true though.

"Malgus himself survived the defeat, but the fate of his new empire was sealed. Having made enemies of the Republic, the Empire, and the Emperor himself, Malgus was forced to flee into exile in an unknown sector of the galaxy. As soon as the upstarts were defeated, all of Malgus' hopes of creating another rebellion was crushed; the Republic and Empire were now firmly loyal to their respective commanders, and had the fear of being crushed should they ever betray their sides. Although Malgus' fate, along with his Empire's, was sealed.";_Sith_empire
What is with Sith and getting thrown down pits and surviving? Think the Jedi should start thinking of better ways to handle these guys.

10.09.2012 , 11:21 PM | #83
I would be his secret bounty hunter and hunt down the betrayed!!!!

10.14.2012 , 07:50 PM | #84
I for one think it would have been an excellent mechanic where, if some people did join him, it would shift into partial pvp, where if you dont join him you have to fight him and any former party members that did.

It would be funny if the tank and healer both joined malgus, because 2 dps stand no chance without support.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

02.19.2013 , 01:15 AM | #85
I think it would make sense for them to bring Malgus back when the Emporer's plans are known to the Empire. He could come in and help save the day. After that he could legitimately be back in power or at least in the story agian.

"For the New Empire! For Emporer Malgus!" <- See how cool it would be?
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
|####/ ( /==|####/

02.20.2013 , 08:00 AM | #86
I would have. For instance he was the bad *** in all of the cinematics. Its so sad that you have to kill him.
So this makes him seem so weak compared to the cinematics.

02.20.2013 , 12:33 PM | #87
I suspect that the inability to join him has to do with where the story is going next. Perhaps we'll be able to join him later (if he survived), or perhaps we'll have the ability to pick up his banner and become a force of change ourselves.At the end of the third chapter, we're left with at least 3 very important characters whose exact conditions are unknown and others who eluded player characters. It remains to be seen what will happen. There's a whole lot of story left.

02.20.2013 , 07:24 PM | #88
i'd join Malgus in a heartbeat. Racism is stupid, even for an enslaving, all-powerful galactic force
Darth Ravvok
Carnage Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

02.20.2013 , 10:45 PM | #89
My Darth Imperius was in agreement with him throughout the entire Ilum pre-heroic quest chain. To then be forced into striking him down felt somewhat... odd. Here I am agreeing with his views and all of a sudden when he acts on his beliefs he must die. (Though you can mention he's going about it the wrong way before facing off against him)

At least you're able to bring it up with the people on the War Council at the end (even though it goes nowhere). Hopefully in future updates that whole incident can have some sort of lasting legacy.

02.21.2013 , 02:15 PM | #90
I would not have wanted to join Malgus' Empire, but If I'd been able to do what I wanted, my character would never have gotten the chance.

I wanted to join Revan.