Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The login service is unavailable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The login service is unavailable?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MishraArtificer
10.14.2012 , 06:53 PM | #1
Are you guys having problems with your login servers? I was forcibly disconnected a few hours ago, and now the launcher is giving me that message, while leaving the entry fields greyed out. Anyone else have this problem today?

Hadriel Caradhras, the Mantellian
Jedi Covenant, formerly of Canderous Ordo.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Beesodd
10.14.2012 , 07:07 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi MishraArtificer,

This should be working at the moment. By any chance did you change the time and/or date settings on your machine? Can you check if these are correct, as these can lead to this error message. Also, can I check that you have tried a computer restart since you started having the issue.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

MishraArtificer
10.14.2012 , 07:20 PM | #3
I did NOT change the time or date settings on my machine. I tested it on my other machine with the game installed on it, and got the same error message. And before you should ask, YES, I ran the Fixlauncher utility on both machines, almost as soon as I submitted my first post.

I'm in southeast Michigan, running on ATT, if that helps anything. The rest of my internet connection works (I just listened to "Drunken Whaler" from Dishonored on Youtube...creepily awesome song!)

UPDATE: Hm...now apparently there's a launcher update?
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.

Beesodd
10.14.2012 , 07:40 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the further info. That this is occuring on both machines does suggest a connection-based issue, usually due to a bad hop somewhere. These are usually short-lived, but are frustrating.

That said, if there is a regional outage, there's usually a large influx of posts about it, and right now yours is the only recent post.
Please try a power cycle of your router, in case something has gone wrong there. Also, if both your computers are connected wirelessly, is it possible to test one by connecting with a cable to the router?

Thanks. (Also, that song *is* awesome)

MishraArtificer
10.14.2012 , 07:43 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Thanks for the further info. That this is occuring on both machines does suggest a connection-based issue, usually due to a bad hop somewhere. These are usually short-lived, but are frustrating.

That said, if there is a regional outage, there's usually a large influx of posts about it, and right now yours is the only recent post.
Please try a power cycle of your router, in case something has gone wrong there. Also, if both your computers are connected wirelessly, is it possible to test one by connecting with a cable to the router?

Thanks. (Also, that song *is* awesome)
Hm...well...my connection is back. Not sure WHAT happened there...did you guys kick out a launcher update this afternoon? I got a "Launcher Updating" message a while ago, and now it's connected again. (Would the game disconnect a client for a LAUNCHER update?)

Beesodd
10.14.2012 , 07:51 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the update. I'd suspect that the actual disconnection was just a temporary outage.

For the launcher update, that will be due to fixlauncher.exe being run, and is normal. Our last update was a few days ago, and was for the game as opposed to the launcher.

Anyway, it's good to hear that you're back in the game. Hopefully this was a once-off, but if you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to contact us again.