Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enlighten me...Need a reality check Assassin.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Enlighten me...Need a reality check Assassin.

Soljin
10.13.2012 , 09:38 AM | #31
Yeah I ran Vengeance for quite awhile...Actually straight through the first Rage Fest before the Nerf I was Vengeance Spec. But at this point I really dont feel like completely Re-Itemizing all of my WH gear once again just to give Veng a try against one AC.

Honestly I think Im just Tired of Jugg period. Playstyle for all specs is pretty stale for me....Think its just time to move on from the AC. Have a few Alts in the 20's to 30's Maybe its time to focus on one of them full time I really dont need gear on my Jugg anymore so its no loss on the Hamster wheel.

I noticed Im not putting as much into the AC anymore...Just kinda autopilot...And that just wont do
Born on Bria.
Clone Zerging Since 2003!

Arkerus
10.13.2012 , 11:02 AM | #32
Assassins are pretty gosh darn tough right now. If you are guarding a gate or single guarding any objective they will knock you out rather quickly.

Your best bet is to pop a defensive cool down and stim. Hopefully you live through the first series of attacks and can reset the right.

If you don't, it's ok, they are doing it to everyone. Call for backup when you think one might be stealth nearby.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

RankorSSGS
10.13.2012 , 09:03 PM | #33
After being the bottom of the barrel forever, as a deception assassin, I can say that I am thoroughly enjoying actually being feared again. So nice to actually be a cause of concern, rather than just seen by everyone as a free kill.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

Ramtar
10.13.2012 , 09:32 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggilus View Post
lol i love a good laugh
Good laugh will be the F2P players start asking the questions.

Off the top of my head only Guarded by the Force/Undying Rage can provide that much protection that Force Shroud does, but it cost a Sentinel/Marauder 1/2 of their heath to use.

Sure, Force Shroud has a shorter duration (1 sec) than GbtF/UR but it has a short CD and cost 0 heath to use.

Even, Saber Ward only reducing the damage taken from Force and Tech attacks by 25% and has a 3 min CD.

Eggsalicious
10.13.2012 , 11:33 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramtar View Post
Like my earlier post. It's time to nerf Assassin. Force Shroud should either cost the Assassin 1/3 - 1/2 health when used or have it's CD increased to 3 min+ or both.
There's no nice way to put this: just shut up.

People who played Deception/Infil from release know just how terrible the spec was relative to every other spec.
You're absolutely wrong about Shroud needing a nerf, but if a nerf is going to be discussed, let's wait as long as we did before anything happened to the other OP classes.

Cya in 8-9 months.

Crawelc
10.13.2012 , 11:43 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Eggsalicious View Post
There's no nice way to put this: just shut up.

People who played Deception/Infil from release know just how terrible the spec was relative to every other spec.
You're absolutely wrong about Shroud needing a nerf, but if a nerf is going to be discussed, let's wait as long as we did before anything happened to the other OP classes.

Cya in 8-9 months.
Its been 11 months since people figured out that sin/shadow was op. The only reason they havent been nerfed to the level the should be in PVP is because they still have to have them as the 3rd viable tank for PVE. Its as simple as that. Try to get people to look at the birdie all you want, fact of the matter is sins are/have been/will be OP in PVP as long as this game is around.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

Individual
10.14.2012 , 01:04 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Soljin... from my experience, assassins are a tough counter for many classes and probably the best 1v1 class in game. My opinion anyways but maybe it's because I have a hard time countering them as well. One of my guildies that I play with more than anyone else is a very good assassin. Palmsolo, you've probably seen him around. He's run almost every spec there is out there and does well with them all. We duel fairly often and with my marauder... annihilation is normally my best bet. Those duels go very back and forth but with rage spec... it normally doesn't end well for me. I think rage is just a lousy counter to an assassin.

Anyways... since we're same server and same faction. He'll most likely be on tonight and you can jump in our vent if you want. I'm sure he'd be willing to break down countering assassins of each spec. We could even make a dueling event out of it. It's been a while since I've rounded one up but the turnout is usually pretty good and makes for a good time.

Hit me up later if you want. I should be on tonight and he prolly will be too.

Uglymrj
Uglymr-j
Awshii'et
Ug'ajug

I'll most likely be on one of the first two.
Powertechs win out in 1 v 1 imo if they have all their cool downs available. That's a big if though.

Blasphemerr
10.14.2012 , 01:17 AM | #38
Ugly has too many characters.
Something pretentious.

Eggsalicious
10.14.2012 , 03:52 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Its been 11 months since people figured out that sin/shadow was op. The only reason they havent been nerfed to the level the should be in PVP is because they still have to have them as the 3rd viable tank for PVE. Its as simple as that. Try to get people to look at the birdie all you want, fact of the matter is sins are/have been/will be OP in PVP as long as this game is around.
Lots of assertions, few of which are even related. Lumping all assassins into a single category and then labeling them OP may be easy for someone lacking a firm grasp of game mechanics, but it isn't really reflective of reality.

Deception/Infil wasn't competitive until very recently (and still isn't imo)-- nobody played it competitively because it was a terrible spec, even with FS/Resilience. So your inelegant assertion that all assassins have always been OP is as ridiculous as it is wrong.

Your beef, which you seem unable to properly articulate, is probably with high damage and utility hybrids having access to 5 second resilience of FS. This is a far cry from all assassins being OP, but in order to know and have argued that you'd have to be less bad than you clearly are.

Incidentally, immunity to force and tech is not the same as immunity to all damage. I suspect you also have a beef with not hitting the keys you want in the order you want and having your opponents fall over.

~Eggs

Soljin
10.14.2012 , 04:16 AM | #40
I really wasnt looking to start a Nerf Assassin/Shadow thread just to be clear...This thread was prompted by A few players of the AC that clearly had strong gearing and had worked out a Sure win Strat for decimating people in a 1v1 fight....Not to mention we have pretty much established that they are a "Hard Counter" for Rage given their Defensive CD's, Massive reductions to AoE DMG, and Readily availible CC....

If I were to really launch any Complaints they would be aimed @ TTK, and the 1.4 Resolve formula. Resolve builds Just slow enough now for one additional CC per engagement to be applied and Coupled with the Current TTK it takes away the feeling of a decent fight...You put that together with a Class that has stealth to guarentee the opener, Burst Dmg, and the ability to keep you out of the fight for (Now 1.4) for a pretty long duration....and it takes the fun right out of the job. Losing a duel is going to happen.

Losing a duel in seconds on a Fully WH character that I have played Since the start, and have above average skill on...Not great, but above average..Seems a bit off. I dont Blame Sins, I blame TTK, and Resolve to be honest.

Although in General I have always felt when Class design is in question that as a class is given more CC, or Defensive CD's...Inherently their DMG potential should go down to scale...Juggs are thought of as a Tanky class...thats far from the truth, but they have crazy Burst potential...Makes sense. Now Take a Jugg Give them Stealth and some type of immunity CD make Smash single target and give them one additional stun...and you have a Deception Sin Thats not wearing a dress......
Born on Bria.
Clone Zerging Since 2003!