Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

what is going to make EC NiM different from EC HM?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
what is going to make EC NiM different from EC HM?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JoeeyyMagzz
10.12.2012 , 10:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
It would be interesting to know what will make Nightmatre Mode fun or enjoyable.

The insentive seams to some sort of impossible setting that any mistake will be punished and we will have to watch more Utube videos of new mechanics as if there are any mistakes by anoyone in the raid will result in a wipe.

I would rather nightmare mode was such because the lockout happens if you wipe. So it requires keeping the ops group to work together and keep everyone alive rather than wipes becoming the norm as one person makes a mistake or bizare mechanics having be practised and worked out.

Just making it harder and more unforgiving does little to stop avoid skipping trash mobs or make NiM better to play.
Wait, you want guilds to be locked out from the Operation if they wipe? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. There is absolutely no friggin way in hell that anyone would complete an Operation if they were locked out after a single wipe. The point of Operations having mechanics that need to be learned through wiping is so that everyone in the Operation works together and doesn't mess up. Forcing people to wait until reset the following week would do very little towards making people work together; in fact, if they did that I'm positive that the person that messed up would be /gkicked and flamed. Also, if there was no mechanics to learn then the Operation wouldn't be fun at all.

Ansalem
10.13.2012 , 11:17 AM | #22
heh actually I wouldnt mind if they put a wipes limit like they did with lich king heroic...like a counter 50 wipes and then your locked out...I mean it is afterall only for the most hardcore guilds.

BogyOne
10.13.2012 , 08:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zypyst View Post
It might be worth revisiting the gear levels that drop as well. I think before it was determined that it will be the same ilvl as HM TFB. Through the use of reverse engineering I know a lot if guilds will be in full 63s in the very near future through this feature alone. This provides little incentive with regards to drops. Obviously completing a difficult encounter is a great incentive but there's not much longevity in that reward.

Any update on incentives outside of gear if previous information still stands?
So it would be top gear for everyone while gear and satisfaction from achievement for some. Seems like everyone would eventually be satisfied in time appropriate to their progression pace and play style.

I hope however that EC NiM bar will prevent from clearing content in the first week, e.g. gear check boss could be tuned to require to gather few of these Mastercraft 27 mods listed in TORhead which could be local non REable drops.