Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashed to desktop since 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crashed to desktop since 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kateplay
10.13.2012 , 08:43 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by jprife View Post
So they're basically telling you to shut off all the advanced much-heralded game video features and play in low rez? Wow.
yea and it made the game crash faster so there is no way its the pc as you would think playing with lower graphics would make it run better on the pc
Xbox live ID Anastasia Hawke ■ PSN Romanus1 ■ Raptr ID Katep

Neoforcer
10.13.2012 , 09:58 AM | #72
Ya got the same email from the same retarded CS agent let me turn down to low my graphic on a system with these specs. And he started out with sorry to here about your stuttering performance issues. Since when is a memory leak in the graphic engine have any thing to do with stuttering.

Processor: Intel Core i7 960 3.2GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58 Intel X58 Chipset SATA 6Gb
Video Card(s): 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB Over kill to run swtor
6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 800W Corsair GS (Dual SLI Compatible)
Hard Drive 1TB Hitachi/Seagate (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache)
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs)

Yep Must be my week hardware. Can't be the fact your optimization team screwed up the graphic engine with the shadow update. The Funny this is when i play on test server it runs great they put the same code on live. It run crappy

P.S Windows 7 64bit has no impact on performance over 32 bit for swtor. Windows run faster with 64bit yes, Reason i say that is i have both as a dual boot being a tech i like to test software. Swtor runs the same on both.

Baptes
10.13.2012 , 11:45 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
Ya got the same email from the same retarded CS agent let me turn down to low my graphic on a system with these specs. And he started out with sorry to here about your stuttering performance issues. Since when is a memory leak in the graphic engine have any thing to do with stuttering.

Processor: Intel Core i7 960 3.2GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58 Intel X58 Chipset SATA 6Gb
Video Card(s): 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB Over kill to run swtor
6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 800W Corsair GS (Dual SLI Compatible)
Hard Drive 1TB Hitachi/Seagate (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache)
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs)

Yep Must be my week hardware. Can't be the fact your optimization team screwed up the graphic engine with the shadow update. The Funny this is when i play on test server it runs great they put the same code on live. It run crappy

P.S Windows 7 64bit has no impact on performance over 32 bit for swtor. Windows run faster with 64bit yes, Reason i say that is i have both as a dual boot being a tech i like to test software. Swtor runs the same on both.
Yes all those silly "fixes" they tell you to do (none of which work of course) are in no way going to solve the problem. ITS A MASSIVE MEMORY LEAK. Just got through monitoring it all last night with the task manager. When it hits around 3g (for me), crash.

Its your Frankencode, not our machines!

Weirdbuddha
10.13.2012 , 11:53 AM | #74
I don't understand this company. stop worrying about new content like a new companion or facial expressions or all the other crap I have heard about and fix your existing game. There is now way that all these same problems people are having with lag and the game just closing can be from our computers when people have so many different computers. It's no wonder some people have quit the game for good. Loyalty is one thing but to keep getting told the same old story like to adjust your system and set the graphics to the lowest settings is unacceptable.
Work of the dark side this is.

Neoforcer
10.13.2012 , 11:55 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
Yes all those silly "fixes" they tell you to do (none of which work of course) are in no way going to solve the problem. ITS A MASSIVE MEMORY LEAK. Just got through monitoring it all last night with the task manager. When it hits around 3g (for me), crash.

Its your Frankencode, not our machines!
Ya gonna try increasing my virtual memory when i get home see if it help with the memory leak issue. I keep you all posted. It the only thing as a PC tech i can think of to improve there memory leak.

Weirdbuddha
10.13.2012 , 12:11 PM | #76
Ya gonna try increasing my virtual memory when i get home see if it help with the memory leak issue. I keep you all posted. It the only thing as a PC tech i can think of to improve there memory leak.
I have mine increased as much as i can and it still crashes, the longer I play, the worse the lag gets and eventually, crash to desktop.

Kateplay
10.13.2012 , 03:49 PM | #78
does it crash less with high virtual memory though
no I am the same got mine very high and it still crashes all the time
Xbox live ID Anastasia Hawke ■ PSN Romanus1 ■ Raptr ID Katep

ryancrutchfi
10.13.2012 , 03:59 PM | #79
Game booster on...check.
Anti-virus set to silent gaming mode....check.
Firewall set to allow...check
Drink ready to go...check.
Pizza ordered and on the way..check.
Rear-end puckered and teeth clenched in anticipation of first crash of the day...unfortunately check
Stress relief ball getting label worn off due to over usage after second crash .....check...again.
Logging back on after third crash to a dead character and finding new words in the thesaurus as cuss word abbreviations ...check
Hearing the worlds smallest violin play as the fourth crash happens... just plain annoying.

I am not asking for much but can you please fix the connections issues. As much as I like spending money, I really hate wasting it.

Roalmo
10.13.2012 , 03:59 PM | #80
Ok here's my suggestions for running an MMO, they will PO some folks..sorry in advance, but from frequenting the CS boards in a number of games from opening day thru several months here's my suggestions:

Well for most MMO's and thus SWTOR these days...

You need 3.0+ gig on your cores, not 8 cores 2.2, or 6 at 2.6, or 4 at 2.8, you need a base of 3gig on 2 at least.

You need a separate graphic card, no on-board graphics.. 260GTX+ of nvidia products(ATI/AMD does not play well with SWTOR for some reason on a significant number of computers, yell at BW not me AMD users).

And the vast majority of laptops/all-in-ones will not play the game well.

SLI and Cross-fire don't play well for some(pull the second card, turning it off seems not to work for some).

WIN7 64 is the way to run, 32 will not cut it for a significant number of peeps, the primary reason being need for over 4GBs of ram(8GBs seems to be sweet spot).

The above is relevant to a significant percent of the players.. not all but a significant percent.

Again there are some guys with "golden" rigs that violate the above... but again for a significant number, if you follow the above golden rules, you will be as golden as I can help you with.