Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mace Windu vs Kyle Katarn

Aurbere
10.09.2012 , 03:39 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
John Williams comes in the room, and blasts the two using his music defeating them both...because we all know without John Williams, there is no Star Wars. But really, dunno haven't really read up on Kyle enough to make a descision.
Fun fact. John Williams holds the record for most award losses(last I heard). This is probably due to John Williams seeing the awards as petty and unworthy of his awesomeness and the people are afraid of invoking his wrath.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

BrandonSM
10.09.2012 , 03:51 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I just realized something.

1. We know that Mace is a better duelist then Sidious.
2. We know that Qui-gon, Dooku, and Yoda where all equals in lightsaber combat with Mace at one time.

If this is so, I guess Sidious isn't so special with a lightsaber (obviously he makes up with this in force beastliness). Perhaps I'm thinking through this incorrectly, but does this mean that Dooku is a better duelist then Sidious? That just seems crazy to me.
Their facing Mace when he Mace couldn't use Vapaad at its best.

Vapaad is only really amazing against Dark-Side Users because it channels inner Darkness from the user and the opponent.

And Sidious is the darkest of them all.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Captain_Zone
10.09.2012 , 04:21 PM | #43
Mace Windu vs. Kyle Katarn...

Samuel L. Jackson vs. The Guy That Chuck Norris Wishes He Could Be.....

Hmmmm......
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

MasterMe
10.09.2012 , 04:50 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Actually no. Mace Windu beat Sidious through the use of the Vaapad form (created by Windu himself). Vaapad acts as a sort of siphon of the Dark Side. If his opponents use the Dark Side, the form draws that Darkness into Mace Windu, which he uses to enhance his dueling and Force skills. Mace Windu was very close to falling to the Dark Side in his duel with Sidious.

Sidious is a master of the seven Lightsaber forms and could wield them with either hand, giving him the element of surprise in a duel. Seeing a duelist switch hands mid-duel can throw off many duelists. He was a very capable duelist, but he really specializes in Force power.

As great a duelist as Dooku and Qui-Gon are, they aren't on the same level as Sidious. And because they don't have Vaapad, they wouldn't be able to beat Sidious. Very few duelists can beat him. We have seen him beat Yoda and Luke in a duel. Granted Luke wasn't in his prime, but it is still an amazing feat.
This makes since, I guess I hadn't realized that Mace wasn't at his best when fight Dooku and Qui-gon 'cause he wasn't able to use Vaapad. This would explain a lot. Vaapad is a very complicated form that I think is worthy of a thread, hint, hint.

Aurbere
10.09.2012 , 05:19 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
This makes since, I guess I hadn't realized that Mace wasn't at his best when fight Dooku and Qui-gon 'cause he wasn't able to use Vaapad. This would explain a lot. Vaapad is a very complicated form that I think is worthy of a thread, hint, hint.
It is a good idea for a thread. I probably will cover it soon. I plan on doing Lightsaber forms after the current, multi-part thread is done. That's going to cover Vaapad as well as the other forms.

By the way, part two will come out tomorrow morning (US).
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Icebergy
10.09.2012 , 05:43 PM | #46
One word: Vaapad. Katarn has nothing for Vaapad.

If someone needs more convincing, lets do a quick comparison. Windu defeated the most powerful sith lord in history (Sidious) in a lightsaber duel. Katarn was defeated by Darth Cadeous when Katarn had not only ambushed Cadeous but also had another master and several knights with him.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 2/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Kilikaa
10.09.2012 , 06:03 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
One word: Vaapad. Katarn has nothing for Vaapad.

If someone needs more convincing, lets do a quick comparison. Windu defeated the most powerful sith lord in history (Sidious) in a lightsaber duel. Katarn was defeated by Darth Cadeous when Katarn had not only ambushed Cadeous but also had another master and several knights with him.
If you are referring to the fight on Coruscant, the goal was not to beat Jacen. The goal was to make it look like an assassination attempt and plant a tracking device on him. Kyle was not out to kill him. You can't use this as an example.

Captain_Zone
10.13.2012 , 10:55 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
If you are referring to the fight on Coruscant, the goal was not to beat Jacen. The goal was to make it look like an assassination attempt and plant a tracking device on him. Kyle was not out to kill him. You can't use this as an example.
Exactly this. Everyone knows that Katarn could wipe Caedus out any day of the week. Remember, there is NO Sith Order. Just a list of Sith that Kyle allows to live....for now.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Rayla_Felana
10.13.2012 , 12:28 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Exactly this. Everyone knows that Katarn could wipe Caedus out any day of the week. Remember, there is NO Sith Order. Just a list of Sith that Kyle allows to live....for now.
Sorry but no, Caedus is above Kyle Katarn, anyone who could face Grand Master Luke and not look like an idiot automatically trumps 99% of people, including Katarn, Caedus was quite literally Vader without a suit, he was growing so powerful that even though Luke knew he'd beat him, he also knew that if he left him to garner strength and continue down the Dark path, things might not be so lopsided eventually.

Please don't underestimate Caedus and that goes for anybody, he knew things Katarn couldn't even grasp, it's that simple, the Jedi Order itself, including the High Council stated that the only Jedi they believed could face Caedus at all, was Luke.

And yes before anybody brings it up, I know Caedus acknowledged Kyle's power, but the Jedi Order also recognised he was above all but their Grand Master.