Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stacking Attributes/skills with Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Stacking Attributes/skills with Items

joenewbie
10.12.2012 , 10:41 PM | #1
Are there any attributes/stats that when you have them equipped DON'T stack with identical stats? For instance, if I have an implant that raises alacrity would wearing a second implant that raises alacrity be redundant or a waste? I don't necessarily mean alacrity specifically but are there any I shouldn't double/triple/14 up?

I need to fully figure this stuff out before making 50th level so when I start spending on my augs and whatnot I don't waste time and credits.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

Kytea
10.12.2012 , 11:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by joenewbie View Post
Are there any attributes/stats that when you have them equipped DON'T stack with identical stats? For instance, if I have an implant that raises alacrity would wearing a second implant that raises alacrity be redundant or a waste? I don't necessarily mean alacrity specifically but are there any I shouldn't double/triple/14 up?

I need to fully figure this stuff out before making 50th level so when I start spending on my augs and whatnot I don't waste time and credits.
They all stack

However, some of the stats have dimishing return curves. You can stack "critical" from your gear but the improvement on your char's crit chance % will hit DR around 35%-ish, for example.

joenewbie
10.12.2012 , 11:55 PM | #3
Ahh are there any spreadsheets on this for optimal returns?
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

Kytea
10.13.2012 , 07:34 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by joenewbie View Post
Ahh are there any spreadsheets on this for optimal returns?
Your class-specific forum section is a good place to start.
You will find good advice and probably will find some theorycrafting discussions backed by numbers, equations and testing.