Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I lose health fast in combat?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
I lose health fast in combat?

JacksonMo
10.12.2012 , 08:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
that's what i do. if you decide to collect commendations, it would prolly be a good idea to que for daily FPs. not only will you get comms for completing it, but you'll get a chance at nice gear drops.
Yep, a good guild can really help you there. If you have 4, you can group que and just farm them.
The ideal group for straight up gearing a warrior out would be OP, a Juggernaut tank and two agents.
That way any boss drops can be used by either the OP or his healing companion.

joenewbie
10.12.2012 , 10:25 PM | #22
What's the main companion you use and how are they geared? Should always let them lead and they should be geared as tank. I'm DPS Guardian and can do some tanking myself but I always lead with my companion going in and drawing all the fire first.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

happysister
10.12.2012 , 11:56 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by joenewbie View Post
What's the main companion you use and how are they geared? Should always let them lead and they should be geared as tank. I'm DPS Guardian and can do some tanking myself but I always lead with my companion going in and drawing all the fire first.
i wouldn't exactly let a healer companion pull first, but yeah.
Lorhin - Sharpshooter Gunslinger
Sashel - Sawbones Scoundrel

joenewbie
10.13.2012 , 12:16 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
i wouldn't exactly let a healer companion pull first, but yeah.
Doc is useless to me... I spent 300k gearing him up, took him out to use as a healer did the whole setup as healer business and when I had more than 3 guys attacking me at once, he just couldn't keep up with the healing. I'm better off with a tank or dps that can kill the enemy before it has a chance to kill me. If it's dead I don't need to worry about healing from the damage it causes. *grin*

But I'm with a Guardian DPS, your results may vary by playstyle.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

Rabenschwinge
10.13.2012 , 02:02 AM | #25
As other have mentioned, your statements don't make it entirely sure whether you're aware that you can modify customizable gear and upgrade it. So if you already know everything about commendations and modifications skip this.

Usually the best approach to keep equipment up to date, especially if it's orange (though purple gear is often customizable as well, as is green gear for companions) , is to keep the modificationsin them up to date. And if you do the planetary storyline and the heroics the best way to do it is by commendations.

The primary stat of an customizable peace of gear, such as your orange armor and pants, can change and it depends on what "armoring" and "hilt" you put in them. You can modify any customizable item by holding CTRL and right clicking it, which also lets you see the individual mods currently in them in detail. It will show you something like this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img87/2569/modifyingitems.png

You can remove the existing mods by right clicking them, but usually that doesn't make much sense, since the cost to remove them is higher than what you may get for selling them to an NPC vendor. In your case the most important thing would be to put an up-to-date armoring in your customizable gear, buying something like this from a "modifcation commendation vendor":

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/7392/modsfromvendors.png

As a marauder you would usually prefer might armoring over guardian armoring, but commendation vendors only sell those a few levels back for the same amount of commendations, so it's not worthwhile buying them.
From the stuff that commendation vendors sell at their best level Deft Mods would be helpful and either Initiative, Discipline or Efficient Enhancements.

You might wanna check the market if there are suitable enhancements for you, but don't just buy anything. If you gear is seriously outdated and your money is limited, buying the hilts and armor from an NPC modification vendor (without "commendation") is perfectly viable - they sell only green quality hilts, barrels and armoring, but that's still a lot better than the average green non-customizable item on a given planet and they are usually par with blue modifications of two levels back. And they do so for relatively decent prices, while buying too much at the market may leave you without enough money to buy your new skills on level up.

Still I would look at the market for bargain offers. I have had cases when my artificer didn't manage to sell mid-level purple might hilts in two days for the suggested price, even though that means that I have to pay on top given the amount of missions to which I have to send to crew in order to acquire the necessary rare crystals. Many people don't bother buying modifications from the market at all before they hit 50, because you level out of them fast, which makes it hard for crafters to sell them at all. However, I would carefully consider the price and alternative options.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Swedguy
10.13.2012 , 01:12 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DPCummerbund View Post
Others have posted their concerns with your secondary stats, but I'd be far more concerned with your primary stat. I'm playing a level 47 toon right now, so my toon is 2 levels higher than yours, but my primary stats are MUCH higher than yours. For example, you have several pieces of gear with Strength in the 30s. That's way too low. Ideally, all your gear should have Strength in the 60s or so. Really, you only have one good piece of gear - your gloves, at 75 Strength / 65 Endurance. Replace everything else with gear like that & you'll be a lot better off.

For reference, look at the minimum level for the gear you have. I'll bet most if it is designed for players in the low 30s, not level 45.
Ok. Strength around 60. Thank you

FatEdd
10.15.2012 , 12:21 AM | #27
Marauders are awesome in PVP though, not that I have one YET, hehe, a real menace so to speak.