Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag unbearable even though superior computer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Lag unbearable even though superior computer?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Broosh
10.12.2012 , 08:38 PM | #1
I unsubscribed about 6 months ago to focus on Diablo III. Now I'm done with D3 and I decided to give SW:TOR another shot. Unfortunately, that's made impossible because I can't do ANYTHING without unbearable lag. I can't even run around in my ship without lag.

The biggest problem is that my computers specs FAR OUT EXCEL the minimum requirements needed to play this game. I've even tried putting it on "Very Low" settings and it's still the exact same. I open up task manager to end any processes that have a lot of memory usage, and it still does it.

I also have the most up-to-date drivers (as far as I'm aware) that my hardware needs

I'm running:

I7 930 2.8 ghz
ASUS p6t Deluxe V2
3x2GB DDR3 RAM (6GB altogether)
Dual Radeon HD 6870's (with Crossfire enabled)

and my internet is completely stable. other games such as BF3, D3, CS:GO, etc. work completely fine.

Beesodd
10.12.2012 , 08:46 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Broosh,

You mention Lag, but are you having low performance issues instead? Do you have low FPS, or high FPS but with significant delay after you push the buttons?

Does the problem persist after you swap to windowed mode(press Alt & Enter together)?

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

pmurie
10.12.2012 , 08:55 PM | #3
Download 'Game booster' and clean your computer with 'Advanced systemcare'

There is no reason why u should be experiencing lag with a computer like yours! take a note of your system resources to see which was is draining your CPU, i'm guessing it's something on your computer!

Broosh
10.12.2012 , 10:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Broosh,

You mention Lag, but are you having low performance issues instead? Do you have low FPS, or high FPS but with significant delay after you push the buttons?

Does the problem persist after you swap to windowed mode(press Alt & Enter together)?
i haven't tried windowed mode. but i guess you'd call it performance issues since my fps drops significantly and often, and there is a delay when i push buttons.

sorry for misconstruing it.

Broosh
10.12.2012 , 10:41 PM | #5
i just tried window mode and it's fine if i'm roaming and not doing anything but it spikes/lags when i perform moves/etc.. but i don't want to play in windowed mode lol

joenewbie
10.12.2012 , 10:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by pmurie View Post
Download 'Game booster' and clean your computer with 'Advanced systemcare'

There is no reason why u should be experiencing lag with a computer like yours! take a note of your system resources to see which was is draining your CPU, i'm guessing it's something on your computer!
The biggest single drain on a system resources is Windows, but I digress, had to mention that though.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

Beesodd
10.12.2012 , 10:53 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks. Windowed mode disables crossfire so the result indicates that's not the source of the problem. As others have said, that machine should have no trouble with this game. Can you please try performing a clean boot, in case there are any 3rd party programs interfering when you are playing.

Also, it might help to double check that you have your Windows fully up to date, including optional updates like .net framework and Visual C++.

Another step that can conceivably help is to run a fresh copy of the setup file again. If there's anything missing or damaged in the game files, this might help.

Thanks again.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Broosh
10.13.2012 , 09:51 AM | #8
i reinstalled the game 2 days ago and that didn't help. also, i have all the latest windows updates (optimal and optional)

SeiferMaster
10.13.2012 , 09:59 AM | #9
Check for your CPU temperature. I've had a similar problem but my CPU was the culprit as it was overheating. Make sure every part of your rig is running properly.

Broosh
10.13.2012 , 10:06 AM | #10
how do i check the temperature? i used to have a case that had a temp. control center to make it easier to adjust, but i got a different case.

and i also checked to make sure everything is working. i initially had 8GB but i found out one of the sticks was dead.