Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enlighten me...Need a reality check Assassin.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Enlighten me...Need a reality check Assassin.

EnddGame
10.12.2012 , 03:58 PM | #11
respec to vengeance and have your way with him. since most of vengeance damage is white damage it tears right through their resilience from my experience most sin/shadows run from vengeance jugs

UGLYMRJ
10.12.2012 , 04:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
I'm a little unclear on when you're saying you're using your CC breaker, though - is it on the knockdown? I don't know if that's the best time to use it (using a CC breaker to get out of being incapacitated for two seconds isn't as useful as it could be elsewhere).
If this guys right that's one thing I can say for sure... eat the spike and save it for the hard stun. You're gonna eat some damage in the beginning. It's tough too cuz they'll almost always start from stealth so you can't even pop a DCD before getting spiked into the ground.

Xertasian
10.12.2012 , 04:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EnddGame View Post
respec to vengeance and have your way with him. since most of vengeance damage is white damage it tears right through their resilience from my experience most sin/shadows run from vengeance jugs
have to agree.i usally run deception on my sin..if i see a rage spec jugg i gonna go on him off top cuz 98% of the time its a easy kill..now a good vengeance jugg i probably avoid fighting him.. if i'm running deception cuz of my squishiness..

some vengeance juggs run the spec in tank stance..making them hard to kill and they dish out good steady damage..like he said white damage go through force shroud..if i'm running tankasin i will fight that vengeance jugg head on..cuz i have some tools in that skill tree to deal with the jugg.
Back streaming again http://twitch.tv/Xertasian

SajPl
10.12.2012 , 04:17 PM | #14
Some classes are just hard to fight for other classes. For exaple you come up against me your biggest hit (smash) will hit me for 1.4-3.4k depending if i have a cooldown active or not, ill just run away from ravage, that leaves you with scream and vicious slash and that most probably wont be enought to win.

Blasphemerr
10.12.2012 , 04:46 PM | #15
I miss the days when the swiftsure/bastion had 2-3 tanksins in every warzone. I haven't seen one in like a week.
Something pretentious.

RankorSSGS
10.12.2012 , 04:52 PM | #16
Adding to my posts, in light of some points that have been brought up by others.

First off, never ever ever EVER use your cc breaker on the knockdown. The knockdown is only 2 seconds, and even though its a painful 2 seconds, your best option is to man up and eat it. Otherwise, you have to eat the 4 sec stun, during which we can unload even more than we can during the 2 sec. The optimal choice is to just eat every stun until you are white barred, then use it, and be immune for the rest for the fight. If they haven't killed you by then, then you should win because they are a terrible assassin player.

The reason you want to save the cc breaker as long as you can, is for their out of combat sap. The thing that makes assassins almost invincible in 1v1s, is the ability to vanish, sap you, and then use the out of combat channeled heal for 8 secs, and be full health again. Then they have virtually no trouble finishing you off, because you will be hurting from the first engagement, while they come in almost brand new. If you have gotten them down to the point where they have to use that trick, you can probably beat them, IF they do not get to heal back up. So do not let them do that.

It is true that vengeance will fare better than rage. If we open on you, use push, then leap in order to get your cc immunity for 4 seconds. White damage is not affected by force shroud either, but your burns still will be. We do have deflection as a white damage DCD, but it is only 50%, equivalent to Saber Ward.

Assassins and operatives are the kings of ambushing and quickly destroying you, that's what the class is designed to do. So the longer you can survive, the better your chances get.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

Z-ToXiN
10.12.2012 , 05:42 PM | #17
As a tankasin, I find Rage Juggs generally quite easy to beat. Simply put, judicious use of defensive CDs (shroud, cloak), CCs (electrocute, spike, whirlwind, overload) and kiting (slow him or use speed) can prevent the Jugg from getting his smash off. And if a Rage Jugg cant smash, he can't kill you.

The one thing than can work well is that if the Assassin doesn't have his CC breaker available, jump to him, use choke, then smash right after choke expires. That way at least you can get 1 smash in, since he can't break choke so he can't avoid the smash. Thats only one part of the fight, though...

If you want to duel, since you're also on the Bastion, add me (Adraaj). Ive always found Smash Juggs to be fun to duel against, even before they became popular in 1.4.
ADRAAJ
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // #GearRequirementForSolos

Blasphemerr
10.12.2012 , 07:12 PM | #18
Must ... contain ... ego.
Something pretentious.

stephenalandavie
10.12.2012 , 08:41 PM | #19
I run the hybrid spec of 23/3/15 And we are a very hard class to counter for many people the only guys who take down shadows or assassins 1 v 1 is a skillful player. I can hold off a juggernaut and his healer for quite some time till my team mates arrive and I am in DPS Gear not Tanking.

Ramtar
10.12.2012 , 08:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
I run the hybrid spec of 23/3/15 And we are a very hard class to counter for many people the only guys who take down shadows or assassins 1 v 1 is a skillful player. I can hold off a juggernaut and his healer for quite some time till my team mates arrive and I am in DPS Gear not Tanking.
Than it time to nerf your class.