Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

empire pvp on thsi server

ronniehenlau
10.12.2012 , 03:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
I honestly don't think its as bad as you guys are making it out to be. There is more crap pugs with pve gear but i have no trouble getting wins imp side esp if i queue with my imp guild but also when solo queueing, sometimes ill get into the situation of queueing into the same nubs in pve gear time after time but the thing is.. this has happened to me on republic side as well...
I didnt mean to make it out very badly, if my wording made it sound like that, I apologize My point was mainly to solidify what Plasamxd said (
Quote:
I also woundt be surprized if many good pvpers who where once on the imp side have rerolled on the rep side simply becaus of this, in fact from what others (very active pvpers) told me that has allready happened in many cases.
)

Im speaking of before the latest server merge where you guys from Nightmare Lands etc joined us, when there used to be several strong imperial side pvp guilds. Servants of None was, as far as I know, the best pvp guild on the server. They experienced two guildmasters leaving fairly fast after eachother, which caused the guild to dissolve, and most their pvp players (Es'carli, Kassus, Erobos etc) went permanent rep-side (I know some, like Erobos, was playing both sides before this happened, by all means). Beyond Comprehension was also among the top guilds in pvp, but it all kind of dissolved as some people stopped playing, while others in the recent weeks decided to leave and go rep side.
TESR was also one of the more prominent pvp guilds out there for a while, but we just kept losing members there. This made us never have a stable team, where we would play really good one day, then suck big time the next day. In addition, some of our main pvp guys left the game for GW2, as they didnt enjoy the pvp in swtor.

As this is now starting to look like a wall-of-text, Im going to stop writing more now and do something productive while at work! lol jk.

Also, miss Bleezar <3

jersyiii
10.12.2012 , 04:47 AM | #12
well a lot of players just won't do pug's again
last time i solo queued i got in a group with 3 ppl wearing pve gear, when i said it would be better to wear pvp recruit gear, i was called noob and other kind words
offcourse after a while, when they got obliterated they started whining again ...

so yes, pug's are terrible
but that's why u have guilds to group with

Sheshnir
10.12.2012 , 05:27 AM | #13
Pugs on rep side are just as terrible.. But I believe on rep side there's just more guilds deciding to run a premade, which results in a higher chance of getting two of those together. What I also see a lot more on imp side is jugg/mara smash spec roaming the field together, killing everything they see; but caring about objectives isn't part of their religion. Sometimes, when you aren't strong, you have be to smart. Quite a lot of imps don't act like being.

Hey, I am not trying to generalize to look everyone bad, it's what I've noticed ;D Should make some vids of normals, if only my pc allowed me to do so
Sheshbeer - Sage
Lísa - Scoundrel
Qiwi - Noob shadow

Wainamoinen
10.12.2012 , 08:33 AM | #14
It isn't as bad as made out. I get the impression the OP hasn't run a lot of pugs Rep side to compare and contrast. The suck can be strong on either side.

One thing to remember is that you can get runs (embarrassing in the middle of a warzone, I know), where you just win every match, and that's without having the same premade synching with you or against you. Wednesday night my scrapper was in terrible Rep pug after terrible Rep pug, seven straight defeats until we finally got a win and I could log out. Then Thursday night we destroyed the Imps every time - without grand premades, that I recall - and I had to switch over to my Imp alt because I started to feel bad (and then won again on that side, though it was closer).

The point is that people can play a few games and convince themselves that what they experience is some unstoppable trend across all time and warzones. It isn't, it goes both ways. Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. And sometimes the bear eats you seven times.

I'd say that in my experience, Imp side does tend to be more aggressive and less cooperative, which may be why Reps seem to organise more easily (thus winning slightly more, perhaps). However, that's just an average, and both sides have good players who can leave me in a bleeding heap.

A PS - I noticed in a similar recent post about terrible Imp side on Red Eclipse that OP was complaining Lord of the Drinks were destroying PvP on Red Eclipse by killing everyone easily. With respect to LotD, who are also good players from what I've seen, that hasn't been the case at least since server merge. I wonder if the OP has actually played much PvP in the month since merger to make the claims. I can't speak for how true they were before then.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Mancer
10.12.2012 , 08:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
I honestly don't think its as bad as you guys are making it out to be.
It is that bad.. I pug mostly because coordinating a group who are online at the same time is tough also.
But, like somebody above posted, if you pug prepare for stupid.
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

AngusFTW
10.12.2012 , 09:10 AM | #16
Is asking some pvper buddys to queue with you for some wzs really such a complex thing to do for you? I log on my imp and get in premade pretty much straight away (though i am in a pvp oriented guild) but even when those most of those guys where away from gw2 it wasnt that difficult to find some people..
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

ronniehenlau
10.12.2012 , 02:39 PM | #17
So I did a warzone.. I had 5 full recruit in my group, which is fine for that matter.. The group was balanced in the sense of 4 dps, 2 tank and 2 healers. I had a good outlook on life! The problem tho.. Reps focused down our guys real fast, imp ran around hitting random stuff lolling about. I was laughing in the end to be honest, when the scoreboards came up.

Me (operative healer): 268k damage taken, 360k heals done
Other operative healer on our team: ~250k damage taken, ~320k heals done
Reps had one healer, a scoundrel: 47k damage taken, 230k healing done.

I mean, this isnt even about everyone focusing the same target. Its about people just focusing down the effin healer :< Bleh.

Also, Bleez, I blame you for putting me through this trauma :< I felt encouraged damnit!

EzoEo
10.12.2012 , 03:56 PM | #18
Playing an Imp in PvP I just have to wonder how can so many War Hero geared players just suck so badly.

Most of the time there is no healers, DPS don't even kill marked healers and you have people abandoning turrets.

It takes about a week just get the 9 games won but I swap to my guardian it;s done in a few hours lol.

The Empire just completely sucks at PvP. I wish we could go back to Hidden Beks where it was more balanced and games were fun
Some people reactions to the Disney buy out.

Beansoup
10.13.2012 , 12:56 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by EzoEo View Post
Playing an Imp in PvP I just have to wonder how can so many War Hero geared players just suck so badly.

Most of the time there is no healers, DPS don't even kill marked healers and you have people abandoning turrets.

It takes about a week just get the 9 games won but I swap to my guardian it;s done in a few hours lol.

The Empire just completely sucks at PvP. I wish we could go back to Hidden Beks where it was more balanced and games were fun
A week? I finish the weeklies the same day they pop up, granted though that it's easier to do when the rage fit kids have gone to sleep.
B e a n s o u p
The one man institution you can always trust to deliver. Quality bartending at the Guilded Cantina since the fifth thread

BaineOs
10.14.2012 , 01:59 PM | #20
you used to be able to pug solo and enjoy it but since this great server merge? muppet after muppet, it's a shame they can't go back from where they came from. I've got a lot of patience but empire is surely testing me....
Es'carli D'Lakutos - Engineering Sniper
<Lord of the Drinks>
The Red Eclipse