Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfers out of APAC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Server Transfers out of APAC
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

eventidephoenix
10.11.2012 , 08:39 PM | #1
Hi Bioware,

Since it is not surprising that you guys have more or less abandoned the APAC community by leaving bugs lying around, and not merging the 3 extremely underpopulated servers together like what you have did with the US servers, we are willing to suffer the consequences of your (in)actions by moving out to the larger US servers.

Our guild generally agrees that even though we suffer pings that will be 5-10 times that of what we are experiencing now, it is pointless to play in and with empty servers day-in-day-out. PvPs have literally frozen since the cant-leave-ops-group bug (which incidentally has not been even acknowledged by your team) and in peak hours the population is pathetic.

Therefore I am asking for transfers. I'm sure many will agree with me. This should be a win-win for you (I don't know, was that your original intent?) as you no longer need to maintain servers that you aren't exactly maintaining anyway (well yes, you are paying cash to host it, so save that cash eh).

And yes I am writing here hoping for a faster response than leaving it to chance sending tickets. Tickets now take on average a full working week before it gets a reply.

SirPhoenixKnight
10.11.2012 , 08:45 PM | #2
Amen.. when peak times on either fleets on the pve server are less then 100 ppl you pretty much think a server is dead... especially when most of the US servers are multi instances with 100's on each on not only the fleet but planets as well...

so either merge the 3 APAC servers or lets us move out of them....

Speire
10.11.2012 , 08:47 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi eventidephoenix,

This is not something that we can really comment on in the customer service forum.

There is an on-going thread in the suggestion box forum about consolidating APAC servers that you should contribute to: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=531982&

The suggestion box forum is for the game developers to see what our community wants to see introduced in the game.

Thanks for your question!

Speire | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

eventidephoenix
10.11.2012 , 08:54 PM | #4
that ongoing thread is talking about merging the 3 servers and moving TO dalborra.

we are asking to be moved OUT of dalborra to the mega-pop servers.

And we have a range of good justifications for doing so, I hope instead of template replies you can give us something concrete. The abysmal state of APAC is unacceptable as it is. We are paying customers with an inferior product. If you want to keep the players (the ones who are likely to continue subscribing when free to play hits) I suggest you do something about this.

If management reckons the market in APAC is too small for you guys to lift a finger to transfer characters out of to get a few more loyal customers stay with you, I have nothing to say, and I yield. Just do not forget the animosity we will all continue to harbour next time you try another game with us.

eventidephoenix
10.11.2012 , 08:58 PM | #5
at the same time, since I know now customer service is indeed browsing the threads, please read the post on the problems dalborr-ians are experiencing and the tickets they have all sent in at the very LEAST.

Doverlord
10.21.2012 , 04:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix View Post
And we have a range of good justifications for doing so, I hope instead of template replies you can give us something concrete. The abysmal state of APAC is unacceptable as it is. We are paying customers with an inferior product. If you want to keep the players (the ones who are likely to continue subscribing when free to play hits) I suggest you do something about this.
I and quite a few people I know agree with the vast majority of what phoenix has said above; although merging the 3 APAC servers would be an improvement it would still be vastly inferior to the quality of experience that players on the US/EU 'super-servers' are having for the same money. I have essentially stopped leveling my alternate characters because there usually isn't enough people on the planets to do H2+'s let alone H4's and so I just work through them as quickly as possible and hope that when pvp and FP's pop every 30 mins or so is enough that I am not under-leveled when I leave.

Didy_Kush
10.21.2012 , 04:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Speire View Post
Hi eventidephoenix,

This is not something that we can really comment on in the customer service forum.

There is an on-going thread in the suggestion box forum about consolidating APAC servers that you should contribute to: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=531982&

The suggestion box forum is for the game developers to see what our community wants to see introduced in the game.

Oooooo so you have seen that thread yet no word has been said about what is happening with the APAC servers (shocker I know)

It is pretty much impossible to play on Dalborra atm 50 PvP does not work unless you enjoy solo play playing in warzones by your self to get comms "exploiting" a bug in which I hope you do a rollback so all the scrubs who farm this all day lose all there comms. I am not interested in leveling alts i picked the class I enjoy playing got it to 50 PVE is a joke complete rubbish the most boring **** ive ever done so please explain to me why I am paying a sub to do what exactly?

PS. I love you Phoenix!

-Holmes
10.21.2012 , 06:22 AM | #8
Hi eventidephoenix,

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412

67 pages and you expect us to still have hope? Just give me my damn transfer and I'll forget that we had APAC servers.

Cheezfriend
11.20.2012 , 08:48 PM | #9
Hi eventidephoenix,

Really this is your response... PATHETIC BW