Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

what is going to make EC NiM different from EC HM?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
what is going to make EC NiM different from EC HM?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OGsam
10.06.2012 , 02:43 PM | #11
We've already seen one NiM mechanic, the 3 droids at the start of the fight are "bugged" to have their induction .5 seconds faster and become immune to damage at 5 stacks, which is actually an accidental leak from NiM mechanic testing. I hope they think of some challenging mechanics to add in because frankly this is very easy to counter and very boring.

It does make me worry, since someone suggested making Zorn and Toth immune to taunts at stages throughout the fight, as this mechanic is and has been present in EC HM since day one. Secondly i'd like to have them set their enrage timers so I don't have to restrict my skill set to strike, overload saber, slash and cauterize to not overlap fight phases in Zorn and Toth despite their "fix."

I'm hoping EC NiM only focuses on half of the DG set pieces (the tastier ones) and incorporates more earpiece/implant drops, given their cost.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

AshlaBoga
10.07.2012 , 01:14 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
I'm hoping EC NiM only focuses on half of the DG set pieces (the tastier ones) and incorporates more earpiece/implant drops, given their cost.
Just checked the loot drops for HM TfB, man we're going to be REing all the way! Seriously, anything that can be taken a part for a schematic, WILL be taken apart for a schematic, cause I am not farming HM Terror for 4 months to get BiS.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Aurojiin
10.07.2012 , 02:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
7. The 3 droids from the Kephess fight will use an ability that makes them resistant to damage (8 stacks = unkillable).
What an original idea!
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

AllisonBerryman
10.11.2012 , 08:58 AM | #14 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I asked Jesse Sky to tell us a little about how Nightmare Mode is going to differ from the existing Hard Mode for EC. He said that the numbers have been tuned up in every fight, and mechanics in every fight have been modified - in some cases, there are new mechanics that players will have to learn. The differences aren't extreme, but they present new challenges in every boss encounters, and the rewards are much more appropriate for the difficulty (unlike in previous Nightmare Modes).

Zypyst
10.11.2012 , 09:08 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I asked Jesse Sky to tell us a little about how Nightmare Mode is going to differ from the existing Hard Mode for EC. He said that the numbers have been tuned up in every fight, and mechanics in every fight have been modified - in some cases, there are new mechanics that players will have to learn. The differences aren't extreme, but they present new challenges in every boss encounters, and the rewards are much more appropriate for the difficulty (unlike in previous Nightmare Modes).
It might be worth revisiting the gear levels that drop as well. I think before it was determined that it will be the same ilvl as HM TFB. Through the use of reverse engineering I know a lot if guilds will be in full 63s in the very near future through this feature alone. This provides little incentive with regards to drops. Obviously completing a difficult encounter is a great incentive but there's not much longevity in that reward.

Any update on incentives outside of gear if previous information still stands?

Lostpenguins
10.11.2012 , 10:01 AM | #16
I expect it'll take a raid week for those that cleared HM TFB to clear NiM EC. Then it's going to be pretty much faceroll after that unless they bring in new bugs to the operation (which happens every single patch). So really, instead of breathing a sigh of relief because you finally finished doing your umpteenth faceroll clear of HM EC and now can just farm HM TFB, you now have to go back to EC and stare at all the same mobs and bosses again... and die a little bit on the inside.

anstalt
10.11.2012 , 10:51 AM | #17
I really hope that Bioware revisits their difficulty settings in the near future. The vertical gear progression we've got at the moment is severely hurting the raiding community, especially combined with the ramp up in difficulty for EC and TFB hard modes.

Whilst I can appreciate the need for nightmare modes for the hardcore raiders, you have to realise that the difficulty level of EC HM is just way above the average raider, let alone TFB HM. By making it heavily reliant on gear as well as skill you make the barrier for progression too high for the average raider. This is resulting in segregation of the community in to the skilled "haves" and the less skilled "have nots".

Please, if you can, try to smooth out difficulty levels of raids so that there is a proper curve for raiders to progress on.

(For the record, im one of the "haves" - in full campaign/bh and got first 2 bosses in TFB HM done. I'm also a raid leader of a guild that includes all skill levels and am struggling to help the "less abled" get through the hard raids).
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!

Costello
10.11.2012 , 11:10 AM | #18
It would be interesting to know what will make Nightmatre Mode fun or enjoyable.

The insentive seams to some sort of impossible setting that any mistake will be punished and we will have to watch more Utube videos of new mechanics as if there are any mistakes by anoyone in the raid will result in a wipe.

I would rather nightmare mode was such because the lockout happens if you wipe. So it requires keeping the ops group to work together and keep everyone alive rather than wipes becoming the norm as one person makes a mistake or bizare mechanics having be practised and worked out.

Just making it harder and more unforgiving does little to stop avoid skipping trash mobs or make NiM better to play.

alifaraaz
10.11.2012 , 12:04 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Not really new info, but it is a little more in depth much appreciated. I'm wondering however, is Nightmare EV and KP still going to be revamped or will it be left as it is? I wouldn't really mind either way, since it's the first tier there's nothing wrong with it being pretty easy, but it would be cool so go back there to find the fights to be a little different and challenging ^^
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Twickers
10.11.2012 , 05:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
It would be interesting to know what will make Nightmatre Mode fun or enjoyable.

The insentive seams to some sort of impossible setting that any mistake will be punished and we will have to watch more Utube videos of new mechanics as if there are any mistakes by anoyone in the raid will result in a wipe.

I would rather nightmare mode was such because the lockout happens if you wipe. So it requires keeping the ops group to work together and keep everyone alive rather than wipes becoming the norm as one person makes a mistake or bizare mechanics having be practised and worked out.

Just making it harder and more unforgiving does little to stop avoid skipping trash mobs or make NiM better to play.
Gee and from the description of it right now...that's what it seems like so....sounds like your getting what you wish for.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown