Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I lose health fast in combat?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
I lose health fast in combat?

Swedguy
10.10.2012 , 01:24 PM | #1
My Level 45 Sith Marauder loses health pretty fast in combat. I don't know if it's because of my equipments, weapons, or if I'm just bad at the game. To me my weapons stats are looking pretty nice, so it might be the equipments stats? I would greatly appreciate some tips on how to solve this problem.

EDIT

I have now changed my gear, which has the required amout of Strength. I have reached Level 50 and do not lose health incredibly fast any longer.

Skodan
10.10.2012 , 01:31 PM | #2
without posting what you are wearing, your stats, your spec, etc. we wont be able to provide any advice
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

LukeSaberRattler
10.10.2012 , 01:38 PM | #3
Marauder's are designed to be glass cannons in the first place pack punch but can't take much of a beating. That is why you need to use either a tank companion or healer. Also why they have some of the best defensive cool downs in the game. The trick with this class is make sure you are interrupting enemies so they can't hit you with their biggest abilities.
The Harbinger
Skaviin lvl 55 Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 Sniper -- Snozzberry lvl 55 Gunslinger -- Friendlyminion 55 lvl Marauder -- Skabiin lvl 55 Juggernaut -- FriendlyNPC lvl 18 Operative -- UnfriendlyNPC lvl 35 Sentinel

JacksonMo
10.11.2012 , 03:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
Marauder's are designed to be glass cannons in the first place pack punch but can't take much of a beating. That is why you need to use either a tank companion or healer. Also why they have some of the best defensive cool downs in the game. The trick with this class is make sure you are interrupting enemies so they can't hit you with their biggest abilities.
Excellent advice. Also helps to burn weaker mobs first. They do a surprising amount of damage if left alone.

Swedguy
10.11.2012 , 08:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
without posting what you are wearing, your stats, your spec, etc. we wont be able to provide any advice
Headgear: 47 strength 40 endurance 21 power 15 surge rating
Chest: Marauder Elite vest
Gloves: 74 strength 65 endurance 24 shield rating 32 critical rating
Waist: 37 strenght 24 endurance 3 critical rating
Leggings: Marauder Elite Leggings
Boots: 45 strength 39 endurance 17 critical rating 17 alacrity rating
Supreme Marauder's Lightsaber: 56 strength 61 endurance 24 accuracy rating 42 critical rating 373 force power
Ancient Lightsaber: 53 strength 52 endurance 16 shield rating 17 power 20 critical rating 329 force power 12 absorption rating
Bracers: 45 strength 29 endurance 4 power
Implant: 37 strength 34 endurance 7 accuracy rating 18 power
Earpiece: 34 strength 29 endurance 12 power 12 alacrity Rating

Should I replace anything? If so, do you know any reccommended gear?

BebeLeBozo
10.11.2012 , 12:17 PM | #6
Why are you stacking Alacrity?
That's for casters and healers
Get your crit up to at least to 30%, accuracy 100%, then go surge/power

Swedguy
10.11.2012 , 12:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BebeLeBozo View Post
Why are you stacking Alacrity?
That's for casters and healers
Get your crit up to at least to 30%, accuracy 100%, then go surge/power
Casters and Healers. I didn't know that. Thanks. Do you know any gear with such amount of critical rating and accuracy?

JacksonMo
10.11.2012 , 09:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Swedguy View Post
Supreme Marauder's Lightsaber: 56 strength 61 endurance 24 accuracy rating 42 critical rating 373 force power
Ancient Lightsaber: 53 strength 52 endurance 16 shield rating 17 power 20 critical rating 329 force power 12 absorption rating

Alacrity isn't really a useful stat, but those two are probably even less useful since you have no shield.
I mean, if you're still leveling, and it's an upgrade on the other stats from what you had, then sure, but once you get into endgame gear, it will get you chewed out and even kicked from some flashpoint groups.

And I have no clue about the chest and legs. What level, stats, green/blue/orange?

DPCummerbund
10.11.2012 , 09:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Swedguy View Post

Others have posted their concerns with your secondary stats, but I'd be far more concerned with your primary stat. I'm playing a level 47 toon right now, so my toon is 2 levels higher than yours, but my primary stats are MUCH higher than yours. For example, you have several pieces of gear with Strength in the 30s. That's way too low. Ideally, all your gear should have Strength in the 60s or so. Really, you only have one good piece of gear - your gloves, at 75 Strength / 65 Endurance. Replace everything else with gear like that & you'll be a lot better off.

For reference, look at the minimum level for the gear you have. I'll bet most if it is designed for players in the low 30s, not level 45.
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist

JacksonMo
10.12.2012 , 03:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DPCummerbund View Post
Others have posted their concerns with your secondary stats, but I'd be far more concerned with your primary stat. I'm playing a level 47 toon right now, so my toon is 2 levels higher than yours, but my primary stats are MUCH higher than yours. For example, you have several pieces of gear with Strength in the 30s. That's way too low. Ideally, all your gear should have Strength in the 60s or so. Really, you only have one good piece of gear - your gloves, at 75 Strength / 65 Endurance. Replace everything else with gear like that & you'll be a lot better off.

For reference, look at the minimum level for the gear you have. I'll bet most if it is designed for players in the low 30s, not level 45.
You may be right. I'm not knowledgeable enough to catch something that subtle with no gear level given.