Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is anyone else BORED with flashpoints?

mourasantos
10.10.2012 , 10:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Well, they could take elements from my suggestion to "spice up" current flashpoints by adding different objectives and outcomes to the existing scenarios.

For instance...take the Esseles run. It currently has two different distinct flavors (Rep and Imp) and also two different directions on the Imp side depending on whether or not you kill the captain. Let me start here and break down some spots where they could insert secondary goals or even story arcs.

Rep side....

Current (make it to bridge) or bridge destroyed/escape scenario. Either one would be randomly determined when the door is blown open in the cinematic...determined by which elevator you can use. The escape scenario would have you getting to the shuttlebay before the ship is destroyed, saving the ambassador, passengers and crew along the way.

Your goals are to open doors by restoring power, fight off boarders, prevent core meltdowns, etc. Even using automated gun defense system to disable the tractor on the enemy ship so you can escape in a shuttle.

At the shuttle you can choose to escape or try and save the ship by boarding the enemy ship.

Once there you can choose to either disable the tractor (current quest line in place) or try and take the ship by force.

This way you have multiple outcomes and branches, and most flashpoints and heroics could be changed in this way to add variety based on your choices.
I like it. You should check out my take (follow sig) and let me know what u think.

GalacticKegger
10.10.2012 , 11:56 PM | #22
Can't get enough of blowing stuff up personally. OP's concern may stem from the unrealistic expectation of having a decade's worth of content crammed into a game that isn't even a year old.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

RixoFutu
10.11.2012 , 12:48 AM | #23
No. I like them all, still enjoying.
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

TheNegotiator
10.11.2012 , 12:55 AM | #24
I only do the rakghoul weekly the rest I find too boring. I find class stories more fun than repeating the same old flash points.

paul_preib
10.11.2012 , 12:57 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Can't get enough of blowing stuff up personally. OP's concern may stem from the unrealistic expectation of having a decade's worth of content crammed into a game that isn't even a year old.
Beyond that I think there is also the reality that right now running flashpoints can be boiled down to 30ish minute "spacebar/trash-skip/sometimes even boss-skip fests". When someone with 2 hours to kill can run 3 flashpoints with a bit of time leftover for BH dailies content can grow old a lot faster then when it'd take a over an hour per flashpoint to work your way through and polish it off. Also negates the feeling of accomplishment.

I think they may also seem a bit underwhelming given that all existing Hardmodes are tuned to an entire different gearing paradigm. The combination of Black Hole gear, Augmenting Everything, and passive stat boost relics mean two weeks into 50 you can be geared to where hardmodes pose very little challenge (and that's assuming youa ren't grouped with 3 established rakata-campagin geared group-mates). When you can basically muscle your way through content you might have had to finesse before, it takes some peril out of it, and therefore may also make it seem old-hat much faster.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

Majspuffen
10.11.2012 , 05:38 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerro View Post
Im very bored with "dungeon crawling/raiding" in general i feel it is an old concept. i had such big hopes for the fourth pillar, your character story but your story is meaningless at endlevel to.
Same here. I don't care so much about personal story at end game, I would rather see an ongoing story between both factions. Ilum could have been that, but Ilum has an ending. You do the quest line on Ilum and then you do the two flashpoints related to the planet and voila, the story of Ilum is finished.

And Black Hole, the story of that area was finished the first day you set foot in the area. As an Imp, you kill Torvix every single day. That's a very bad way to tell a story, I would rather see a story with an ongoing conflict and then have the objective to kill Torvix further down the line where it makes sense. As in, the objective to kill Torvix might appear a month after the area has been introduced.

They've done daily quests badly in this game. There's no creativity to them. Daily areas in World of Warcraft were nice WPvP hubs as well, and while there were people that were crying about that, the WPvP audience was happy. And they have every damn right to pvp on a pvp server. :/
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

Kalfear
10.11.2012 , 05:49 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by mourasantos View Post
Rhetorical question, of course you are (that is unless you've yet to hit level 50).

The real question is which would you prefer: MORE flashpoints, or seeing the developers tinker substantialy with the existing ones so that they become more dynamic, unpredeictable, and immersive experiences?
Yes and no!

I find myself getting bored of the fast runs where you skip 3/4 of the flashpoint content to speed up the run

I mean im legacy level 49 and have 4 almost 5 50s on my current server so there is only a couple flashpoints I havent done (Did Foundry today for first time and was blown away by it. Best Flashpoint story in game by far) and clearly dont need the xp. But Im there for the social experience now more then anything else and running past everything not saying a word just is kinda dull!

I find im missing the old social aspect of the original EQ, DAoC, FFXI down times more and more.

Modern games move at such a fast pace that the socialization no longer seems to be there and thus its much much much harder to make friends in a PUG setting.

I think the insistance of burning through content with nary a word between group mates plays a big part in content getting old and stale!

Ask your self

Why is something as brilliant as Esseles or Black Talon getting old after say 20 30 minute runs (or shorter depending on group) yet players could sit at the same giant spawn every day (4-8 hours a day) for 3 weeks and have positive and enjoyable experiences back in EQ?

From my veiwpoint the missing element is the socialization that happened at the giant spawn in EQ. in 10 minutes of downtime those groups spoke more to each other then your average PUG will if it ran 4 flashpoints back to back now a days!

And thus, with every single spec of attention on the flashpoint rather then the social element

you get bored of the same thing over and over because unlike the PUGs conversing and laughing at the Giant spawn. TOR Flashpoints really are the same thing repeated.

Its not the game thats boring you in this situation.

Least thats how it appears to me.
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets

XmaceukX
10.11.2012 , 06:04 AM | #28
No I like them and would like them to develop more.

POPsi
10.11.2012 , 06:20 AM | #29
Yeah they can get a bit boring when you know every single step you will be taking during speed runs, when you are dpsing more than healing because everyone is too overgeared and just doing it for the BH comms, when you SB every single cinematic because it's always a speed run. Pretty much the thing I'm not bored with is gearing companions, maxing out the affection and following their story-line, and ofc raiding and doing other activities with the guild, it's always fun, no matter if we do EV SM for fresh 50s or EC/TFB, or just a simple fleet datacron run. So yeah, FPs are a bit boring, could use a bit spicing up. And I'm not saying they should re-design to not allow speed runs, because that would just frustrate people more. Instead I would appreciate some more social stuff, pazaak, swoop racing and stuff like that

Kalfear
10.11.2012 , 07:20 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
Yeah they can get a bit boring when you know every single step you will be taking during speed runs, when you are dpsing more than healing because everyone is too overgeared and just doing it for the BH comms, when you SB every single cinematic because it's always a speed run. Pretty much the thing I'm not bored with is gearing companions, maxing out the affection and following their story-line, and ofc raiding and doing other activities with the guild, it's always fun, no matter if we do EV SM for fresh 50s or EC/TFB, or just a simple fleet datacron run. So yeah, FPs are a bit boring, could use a bit spicing up. And I'm not saying they should re-design to not allow speed runs, because that would just frustrate people more. Instead I would appreciate some more social stuff, pazaak, swoop racing and stuff like that
Yup, I been asking for Pazzaak since Oct 08 and still think its the BIGGEST missed oppertunity in game!

TOR should have pazzaak in every cantina of every world
Special quests for special cards
Very rare drops of special cards
tournaments
Its such a obvious and easy social activity that could add meaning to cantinas!

I mean your flagged for pvp against your will so you head to cantina to sit 5 minutes (dont egt me started on that nonsense).
Do you want to sit there venting you have to spend 5 minutes doing nothing because you buffed yourself and didnt realize PUG member flagged himself, and thus you.
Or do you want to pull out your deck and have a few games and before you know it 10 minute, 30 minutes is up.

Such a obvious time filler
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets