Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashes and Freeze of game since 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crashes and Freeze of game since 1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVengeant
10.10.2012 , 02:06 PM | #21
Every single day I play I get a minimum of 2 crashes. Yesterday I got two and the same "Faulting application swtor.exe, version 1.0.0.0, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5781, fault address 0x00012afb" for one of them.

Bioware.
It is NOT my kernel32.dll that is the problem because I have restored it off the Win XP disk.
It's not "repair function" because I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game.
It's not my memory, memtest scans fine.
It is not my Windows needing updated, because it is and has been updated a few days ago manually.
It is not my Hard drive, scandsk comes back fine. I am a PC nerd so know my system.
It's not my graphics card because I have the drivers that you, Bioware, yourself suggested people with Nvidia use.
It is not Java, as someone suggested, because it is up to date. (that idea is ridiculous anyway)

You know what it is? You. Bioware. Your programers/developers. It's not our PC's or divine intervention, it's you. Ever since 1.4 the game is horrid. Crashes every single time I play within the first 90 min of play. One time even 20 min late rafter a previous crash. Laggy video, not laggy server. UI overlay in every single load screen now. All these are since 1.4.

And one more issue that has been prevalent for along time :

Group finder not queing you as you selected, meaning I select Damage ONLY and a few min later it is both Damage and Heals selected even though I touched NOTHING. Not a single key. It happens at least 40% of the time, and other people in my guild have it as well. in fact we were all grouped up and it did it to the entire group once forcing us to re-que. Solution? Let us have an opinion in Preferences for "Always Que As" so that we NEVER have to select.

So, my play time runs out in 2 days. I wont be buying more. I am done with this game for now.

Neoforcer
10.10.2012 , 03:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Every single day I play I get a minimum of 2 crashes. Yesterday I got two and the same "Faulting application swtor.exe, version 1.0.0.0, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5781, fault address 0x00012afb" for one of them.

Bioware.
It is NOT my kernel32.dll that is the problem because I have restored it off the Win XP disk.
It's not "repair function" because I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game.
It's not my memory, memtest scans fine.
It is not my Windows needing updated, because it is and has been updated a few days ago manually.
It is not my Hard drive, scandsk comes back fine. I am a PC nerd so know my system.
It's not my graphics card because I have the drivers that you, Bioware, yourself suggested people with Nvidia use.
It is not Java, as someone suggested, because it is up to date. (that idea is ridiculous anyway)
Have to totally agree with ya the only different between me and you is i am a pc repair tech and went as far as testing 3 independent PC's randomly. With the same crashes, Bellow in the spoilers is my original ticket and the response i just got back. CS at this point is a joke. Bioware your CS cant read or refuses to read sending out placebo fixes on wrong issues does not help your customers. IF CS is reading this please for the love of all things holy send the info to the devs.

What CS asked me to try the first time
Spoiler

What I sent as a reply
Spoiler

The reponce to my ticket
Spoiler

Vsync and setting low graphic are sure to stop memory leaks and random crashing on state of the art pc
Quote:
Processor: Intel Core i7 960 3.2GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58 Intel X58 Chipset SATA 6Gb
6GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 800W Corsair GS (Dual SLI Compatible)
Hard Drive 1TB Hitachi/Seagate (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache)
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs)
Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB

Cerimon
10.10.2012 , 04:35 PM | #23 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings DarthVengeant,

Sorry for the lateness of this response, hopefully I can help you run the game without issue. You have eliminated a lot of potential factors already, I would like to have you eliminate any additional software as a cause of your problem: please run the game after performing a clean boot. Instructions on performing a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please try this and post your results here.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

DarthVengeant
10.11.2012 , 12:01 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings DarthVengeant,

Sorry for the lateness of this response, hopefully I can help you run the game without issue. You have eliminated a lot of potential factors already, I would like to have you eliminate any additional software as a cause of your problem: please run the game after performing a clean boot. Instructions on performing a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please try this and post your results here.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
No sir, I am not going through all that fiasco on my Win XP Pro. Not going to happen. Had you read my other posts you'd know not to post links that are WIn 7. I have done quite enough already. My time runs out in 3 days, I wont be paying for more until this game is fixed. Sick of this.

Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
Have to totally agree with ya the only different between me and you is i am a pc repair tech and went as far as testing 3 independent PC's randomly. With the same crashes, Bellow in the spoilers is my original ticket and the response i just got back. CS at this point is a joke. Bioware your CS cant read or refuses to read sending out placebo fixes on wrong issues does not help your customers. IF CS is reading this please for the love of all things holy send the info to the devs.

Vsync and setting low graphic are sure to stop memory leaks and random crashing on state of the art pc
Now Bioware is telling me to do a Clean Boot and I am not about to screw my PC up and go through ALL that for a game when all my other games work fine. Not going to happen.

I however will try the Vsync setting, but I doubt that will do anything. It's the game, not our systems. I am pretty much done with this game.

Cerimon
10.11.2012 , 12:20 AM | #25 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
DarthVengeant,

Your frustration is understandable and I apologize for my previous oversight. If you do wish to troubleshoot the issue further then the correct link for information on performing a clean boot in Windows XP is here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Neoforcer
10.11.2012 , 02:35 AM | #26
Hi Cerimon

While i do have to say you eagerness to help is welcome Cerimon like we been trying to explain to CS since 1.4 I tested 3 random pc's other then my gaming rig that meet your requirements to play swtor. I have a lot of hardware available to me being a repair tech. When i test a pc with my software i use to diagnose if there is any hardware issue it comes back perfect.. Before i even install the game on those random pc's. I do a fresh install of drivers windows 7 and vista. Don't run XP as it is to old for my hardware.

With just the OS fresh driver directx and visual basic running every graphic setting i can think of. The crashes are still there with no other software in the way . It rules out the pc driver and software and hardware as being the problem.

If you really want to help get in touch with your devs at this point as your getting a lot of people with the same issue
I sent in my dxdiag, launcher diag my system specs and a big list of thing i have done to rule the pc in general out of the equation with every thing CS has asked or suggested.

Kinda feel like i am going around and around on a Mary go round. At this point there is no suggestion that going to fix the crashing issue other Then patching swtor code. I can give you a little more info on whats happening the sound starts to get static the sound game loops a couple times then the game crashes with your character frozen The mouse stop moving and swtor uses 100% of the system ram. The first Swtor.exe shuts down the second swtor.exe stays at using 100% of my ram. which freezes the system and i have to use task manager to shut it down. Before some one say try another sound card i have no help.

When all else fails to work and you ruled out every probable cause the last thing is a guarantee to be the problem.

Were all at the point of unsubbing hell half my friends that play have quit since 1.4 do to this crashing. With the run around we been getting from CS.

sorry for the wall of text that just crit Cerimon for over 9000

DarthVengeant
10.11.2012 , 05:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
DarthVengeant,

Your frustration is understandable and I apologize for my previous oversight. If you do wish to troubleshoot the issue further then the correct link for information on performing a clean boot in Windows XP is here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353
I did the soft boot. And, as I knew would happen the game crashed (stuck at about 20% in loading screen even after restarting the game 3 times) within the first 90 min as usual. (Application popup: swtor.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x10005883" referenced memory at "0x145b6000". The memory could not be "read".). So, I am done with this game. You people at Bioware are NOT paying attention to what people are saying (read the post from Neoforcer above me for example) and just throwing out prefabricated replies. You give every excuse under the sun except the fact that you broke the game for 1.4 for alot of people...and are already working on 1.5 without fixing 1.4 fully. Dear god....

Maatkara
10.11.2012 , 08:29 PM | #28
I will totally agree with the posts, this is NOT a problem with our systems. I have played since beta and have never had as many issues as after 1.4 (as some of my other posts on related topics has previously stated). Stop acting like a politician lying to your public and fix what you guys broke. I have already cancelled my subscription as well due to this issue. It is a game-breaking issue and all we are getting is futile instructions to fix something that is unfixable on our end. And yes, I've done practically every suggestion made by Bioware to end the crashes...as stated by almost every post on this thread, none of it has rectified the problem. Bioware's customer service is resembling Sony Online, while the game is starting to remind me of Anarchy Online (which, by the way, is discussed in MIS classes as a complete failure for online gaming).

Viian
10.11.2012 , 08:46 PM | #29
I'm going to have to agree with Maatkara. I've played this game at release and leveled 3 characters to 50 before the bugs drove me away. BUT! Not 1 single time have I ever crashed. Yet since 1.4 I have crashed multiple times and this last one cost me the completion of an instance. I got booted out and when i got the game reloaded I logged in where I was standing before I went in. This might have been due to me being kicked for going LD due to the crash but it is INFURIATING to have that happen.

Again this has NEVER happened not 1 single time until 1.4 I have now 4 lvl 50s and working on a 5th. I love the game but this is your guys doing not ours. Hundreds of players PCs don't all of a sudden break at the same time you released a patch. Fix it or your games deader than it already is. I'm seeing a lot of EA typical dodging here. It seems the game we all knew and loved is already dead.

--------------

Update to this post, now 1 hour later.

After this crash, I updated to the latest graphics card drivers, did the repair on the launcher, and entered the instance Cademimu. I again got the exact same spot just before you use the shuttle that is accessed by the console from slicing i believe and POOOFFF CTD, came back into game was standing in the same spot i was when I went in, had no group and even asked this group not to boot me if i crashed, that I would log back in. I tried to requeue and it wouldn't let me just acted as if i never pushed the button to join queue and closed the window.

Really looking forward to getting this fixed, if this persists yet again the bugs will push me away.

StupidCocoPuffs
10.11.2012 , 11:22 PM | #30
I've been playing swtor since january I've been for 2 months everytime since january. also my computer isnt the bes computer for this game it takes almost all my ram the only reason why my game runs is because of my video card. but even with that my game has never ever crashed since i bought the game in january. i started crashing atleast 5-8 times a day i can't pvp, i can't, i can't a FP. i can't watch a cutscene, for the love of god i can't even just standing still, without being scared my game is going to crash. im a heavy pvper i pvp for most of the day. but ever since 1.4(worst patch ever) i can't pvp without my game crashing if i dont crash on a loading screen i crash while im in a WZ and thats just annoying. trying to pvp with my guild <Imperial Dogs> or a FP and im always the one to crash and my guildmaster and a couple other guys. my computer isn't the problem i did everything Bioware CS told me to do and everything shows up perfect and my windows is up to date(i run vista btw). my game should run out early november i most likely wont be subbing back if the problem isnt fixed by then. also the last maitnence after 1.4 didnt do **** witch pissed me off. all i want to do is get my JUGG to 50 and WH gear. also my UI gets stuck on all my loading screens i think some code with the UI and the loading screen is messed up but then again i dont only crash through loading screen. please fix this issue its a game breaking issue i know alot of people who unsubbed because of these random crashes