Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
10.09.2012 , 02:06 PM | #1781
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
First up, speaking of Vierce whiplash, here's something happier from his brother Kirsk's perspective. Good Memories: Drama Queen's Triumph, Kirsk's POV, 350 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler
Giggles the whole way through. Loved it!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Morgani
10.09.2012 , 05:22 PM | #1782
bright_ephemera: I know you talked about Vierce romancing Elara in game and I wonder if that will happen in your writing too. I'm having a great time trying to see it go from where he is, to that point, if you plan on making it happen. It seems to me like it would be the ultimate triumph and middle-finger to the Imperials. But I'm a total cynical romantic. I love Vierce and how complicated it must be to deal with him on a regular basis. I would like to see more Kirsk too, just for the fun.

Mags: Upon meeting Jorgan and getting to know his character prior to the romance, I had this idea that Cathar mate for life. I hadn't looked them up on Wookieepedia yet so where that idea came from I don't now. But I was so happy to find out it was true. It warms the (previously stated) cynical romantic in me knowing that he's it for femTrooper. And without a doubt, forever and until the stars burn away, she's it for him. Thanks for that reminder.

Elliotcat: Satisfying. So damn freaking satisfying. She probably could have told him and then killed him, but that he'll take the knowledge that she bested him to his grave after carrying around for years? Satisfying.

I went back and made sure I had read everyone's stuff from when I was working on Sisterhood. So hello and thank you to the new people. I loved the Chance story, the five minutes more one and it's nice to see Lillith and Lokin again. I feel bad that I'm not commenting individually, but I read everything and I enjoyed immensely.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Estelindis
10.09.2012 , 06:19 PM | #1783
Bright, thanks for the extensive reply on the Vierce story! You managed to cover a huge range of backstory elements and interweave them with where he is in his life now. Did you plan to include all those elements in advance, or was it a question of noticing that you'd done all that after you'd written it?

bright_ephemera
10.09.2012 , 10:16 PM | #1784
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Bright, thanks for the extensive reply on the Vierce story! You managed to cover a huge range of backstory elements and interweave them with where he is in his life now. Did you plan to include all those elements in advance, or was it a question of noticing that you'd done all that after you'd written it?
A little of this, a little of that. Though in his hospital story, for once, none of it became evident after I wrote it up; it all developed before I finished typing.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
10.10.2012 , 12:46 AM | #1785
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Spoiler
These two lines cheered me up immensely.

Memories: Patience 1.5kish words
Remi and Scourge... No spoilers. Takes place just after the end of Chapter 3

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

Magdalane
10.10.2012 , 04:59 AM | #1786
Kabe, you make me want to level my JK just to see Scourge. Beautifully written!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Morgani
10.10.2012 , 06:53 AM | #1787
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post

Note:
Spoiler
I totally picked up on that and was way more amused that I should have been. Awesome story. Master Xin's wisdom was so incredibly natural, I could see it in my head. I've rolled my first JK. He's male but I'm ready to check out Scourge's personality first hand.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

iamthehoyden
10.10.2012 , 01:00 PM | #1788
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Spoiler
This! <3 (Also, extra points for KB reference )
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

elliotcat
10.10.2012 , 09:01 PM | #1789
So long as no one minds, I'm gonna sync the threads up for now. I'm pretty busy with school so it makes it easier if I use the same prompts and update on the same day, at least for awhile.

Week of 10/10/12
Teachers and Heroes - Everyone has someone they look up to, or someone who's taught them something important. Or a hero that they strive to be like. Who does your character admire and look toward when they're not sure what to do? Who has had an impact on making them the person they are today?

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

bright_ephemera
10.11.2012 , 08:23 AM | #1790
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Teachers and Heroes - Everyone has someone they look up to, or someone who's taught them something important. Or a hero that they strive to be like. Who does your character admire and look toward when they're not sure what to do? Who has had an impact on making them the person they are today?
To nobody's surprise, Vierce Savins, 600 words. No spoilers. Totally not miserable this time!

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.