Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stun Wars: The Frozen Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stun Wars: The Frozen Republic

vimm
10.10.2012 , 07:38 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Then stop reading and bumping the threads... derp
You would say derp, child.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

WaywardOne
10.10.2012 , 09:33 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Well if you weren't going to win anyway...

And if they chose to blow their stuns on what was going to be an easy kill anyway it's their problem. 10 seconds later your team could show up and they have stuns on cooldown.
The point is that you don't get to do anything. You can't harrass the 2 or 3, escape them, delay them, use your own heals/defenses to survive long enough for reinforcements (coming 10 seconds later?), hurt one of them or otherwise actually play the game. You get to watch the respawn button pop up. There's a small amount of skill involved with timing the ccs to keep your character locked up for 8 seconds or so (no, not really - a few classes can do it solo) but basically there's no skill on either side of the fight, assuming your anti-cc button is on cooldown... if it isn't there's a small amount of skill but if they're any good you will have to watch your resolve bar fill up while being cc'd and by that time, with no way to defend yourself, you will probably be dead or as good as dead anyways when you hit your anti-cc button.

The_Phenx
10.10.2012 , 09:36 PM | #33
Frequently spawn, run out, get stunned until I die. Then sit in the respawn room and watch the resolve bar tick down.

Its a rampant problem against any republic team. And quite a few imp teams.

Crafted grenades are completely out of control.

I also frequently watch myself with full resolve get stunned locked and rooted.

27 stuns in a 6 min huttball match tonight.

cs_Kimmo
10.10.2012 , 10:51 PM | #34
There's a reason why I've been calling this game Stun Wars: The Root Republic

foxmob
10.10.2012 , 11:41 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by chisaineko View Post
... 1 person is supposed to die versus 2 people. 1v2 = dead
1v1 is supposed to be a skill of player wins scenario.

And it should never be 1v3 and expects to win. Yet.. BW made it possible for commandos. That's a bit off on class balance.

The stuns and CC are balanced nicely to shutdown wrecking ball marauders (who can do 20k dps in 3 seconds) and troopers.

I play a sorcerer whose dps tree is supposed to be dangerous too, force lighning ticks at 2600 in pve and only 600 in pvp. Its clearly broken.

Chisaineko
lolwut? commandos are the easiest kills in the game. 3v1? heh. no.

incidentally, 1v1 does not reflect skill per se. certain classes will always have advantages over others. it is a kind of rock, paper, scissors. there's a hybrid shadow/sin that absolutely pwns 1v1. most classes have no shot against it unless the player messes up.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

kweassa
10.10.2012 , 11:58 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
The point is that you don't get to do anything. You can't harrass the 2 or 3, escape them, delay them, use your own heals/defenses to survive long enough for reinforcements (coming 10 seconds later?), hurt one of them or otherwise actually play the game.
I do it all the time. Perhaps you're just not a good harasser.

Quote:
You get to watch the respawn button pop up. There's a small amount of skill involved with timing the ccs to keep your character locked up for 8 seconds or so (no, not really - a few classes can do it solo) but basically there's no skill on either side of the fight, assuming your anti-cc button is on cooldown...
Good combat management is by itself a skill. It's an important element along with situational awareness that makes up the general tactics required to survive in game... not to mention your assumption that you would meet someone who has two stuns (which is actually only one class, one specific build type) while you don't have access to your CC breaker, can easily be reversed. The enemy could equally, as well, have used up one of his stuns prior to the fight, or even better, you could've stunned him first to keep the stunned-twice-in-a-row disadvantage to a minimum.

Because, clearly, there are people -- including myself -- who suffer from none of these 'symptoms' thrown out from the CC/resolve complainers.

So unless we are: (A) blatantly lying, or (B) using hacks ...clearly there is something we do that the complainers cannot, and something we know that the complainers do not. That something is what we define as "skill".

Quote:
...if it isn't there's a small amount of skill but if they're any good you will have to watch your resolve bar fill up while being cc'd and by that time, with no way to defend yourself, you will probably be dead or as good as dead anyways.
So avoid falling under such a situation in the first place. We call that 'tactics'.
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

Masarko
10.11.2012 , 12:00 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by wrank View Post
And agents still have way too many stuns, and infinite healing is ridiculous as well. This game has become a giant bucket of frustration and has stopped being fun.
r u srsing me?

ArchangelLBC
10.11.2012 , 12:09 AM | #38
Quote:
Feels satisfying for the enemy im sure
That's more than enough reason for them not to be able to do it. Why should I care what's satisfying for the other team? Screw those guys. I hope they all die in a fire. CC should be completely unavailable for anyone who isn't on my team.

In all seriousness (though seriously screw those guys.) If you're gonna say "just use your CC Break" then the cooldown needs to be a lot shorter. Why is my stun up every minute but my break is only up ever 2?

I'd also like the resolve system changed slightly to where 8 seconds of stun gives full resolve, but it only ticks as you are actually CCd. So like if you got hit with an 8s mezz and someone breaks it after 4, then it only gives you half a resolve bar, whereas if it goes the full duration you're now at full resolve. The Hard Stuns could add theirs immediately as well. I'd also like to see Full Resolve last longer if it's going to be so much harder to get full resolve in the first place.

As much as they annoy me to no end when they happen to me I agree that the various CC abilities are very important to good tactical play that isn't just a massive DPS race on both sides. It keeps things interesting for sure, but there's a balancing act because as others have said, BEING CC'd, especially stun/mezzed is the opposite of fun.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Lord_Karsk
10.11.2012 , 02:59 AM | #39
Well as anyone know by now, the reason the game have lost 80% of the PvP player base is:

1 Stunlocking/resolve fail.
2 Ilum 1.1 disaster/lack of open world pvp after.
3 Low TTK, unheroic gameplay.
4 Expertise.
5 Unbalanced classes,half the AC not wanted in rated.
6 Gear grind.
7 Developers favoring Empire classes.
8 Total lack of communication with the PvP playerbase and PvP updates.

Warlord_Maliken
10.11.2012 , 03:01 AM | #40
give every class hammer of justice on 20 second cooldown to fix this problem wait nvm its already in the game and that would actually not be fun. disregard this. insta cast aoe sheep? no? *fades away*