Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NRVNQSR
10.10.2012 , 05:03 AM | #2251
I came up with the solution of 'level, but never speak to same gender Companions'. So once they show up on my ship I never welcome them..........that seems a bit assinine of me in retrospect >.>

stuffystuffs
10.10.2012 , 09:31 AM | #2252
Quote: Originally Posted by NRVNQSR View Post
I came up with the solution of 'level, but never speak to same gender Companions'. So once they show up on my ship I never welcome them..........that seems a bit assinine of me in retrospect >.>
I'm currently trying that with my Jedi Knight...see if it works.
Node guarder

Rabenschwinge
10.10.2012 , 11:13 AM | #2253
I prefer to enjoy the game as it is for now. If there should be same gender romances at any point I will worry about that then. If it means I can't li... *cough* *cough* be very nice to my best friend I can live with it, as long as there are options.

Holding back when enjoying a video game because you might miss something in future or it might require more work seems pointless to me. I would enjoy lesbian romances, but there are many aspects of the game I enjoy and that's why I play it; not for something that may happen but for what is. If it wasn't so I wouldn't be asking for same gender romances in first place, I simply would not play the game.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Baptes
10.10.2012 , 12:58 PM | #2254
Quote: Originally Posted by NRVNQSR View Post
I've tried that. I've always failed. For some reason I always end up talking to them.

Tatile
10.10.2012 , 02:27 PM | #2255
PM'd Uluain's list of questions to Ms. Berryman because... >.> well, I don't have a reason anymore except to be annoying and remind Bioware that they've not answered anything with regards to this topic (except for an insubstantial 'maybe' and Mr. Hood and Mr. Amantegelo's 'not sure, but maybe').

Palar
10.10.2012 , 02:36 PM | #2256
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
PM'd Uluain's list of questions to Ms. Berryman because... >.> well, I don't have a reason anymore except to be annoying and remind Bioware that they've not answered anything with regards to this topic (except for an insubstantial 'maybe' and Mr. Hood and Mr. Amantegelo's 'not sure, but maybe').
"We don't wanna go down to the Writing Department and ask, they have cooties."

Tatile
10.10.2012 , 02:39 PM | #2257
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
"We don't wanna go down to the Writing Department and ask, they have cooties."
More like:

"I'd really like to tell you, but unfortunately-- OH GOD THEY'RE COMING-- bzzzt -- We have nothing new to say on this subject."

Uluain
10.10.2012 , 03:03 PM | #2258
I think they'd like to tell us, if they were allowed. I just worry that when they can, they'll focus on peripheral issues like when, and ignore core questions like who and how. If they have been reading and thinking about what we say here, then the dilemma of those not knowing how to approach playing characters with potentially romance-worthy same sex companions would be old news.

But since none of the leaks or updates or announcements have addressed this beyond compounding the uncertainty by refusing to divulge which companions will be available I am really not sure this has been thought about in terms of how it affects the players concerned, right now, in the present state of limbo between promise and fulfilment.

I think that needs to be looked at very, very carefully. Whether one is wise or foolish to wait or to just forge on ahead, this dilemma has sent players packing until it can be resolved at the very least by clarifying how this will be implemented in regards to companions already levelled and with their stories already explored.

Not knowing is in this regards far worse than simply not having the content yet. I don't want to go back through all the posts on this subject and counting people who left on account of this, but I know MusedMoose is one, because his departure was especially disheartening, and ought to have been a warning-bell to anyone studio-side who has followed this thread.

wainot-keel
10.10.2012 , 09:55 PM | #2259
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
I've tried that. I've always failed. For some reason I always end up talking to them.
It's really hard not to. Not talking to them makes no sense. Their stories evolve with your character's story, so it sucks putting them on hold indefinitely. I thought I could just ignore them and keep playing, but it doesn't cut it.

So my Trooper is halted now. Like my Agent. Like my Jugg. Didn't even bother creating my planned Assassin. I know I'll start asking myself the same questions that this thread have asked hundred of times before and been blatantly ignored that many times. After all this time, making up excuses for them it just an exhausting and ungratifying endeavour. They make really hard not to use this thread just to vent frustration and disappointment. Yes, that's what I'm doing

Baptes
10.10.2012 , 10:37 PM | #2260
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
It's really hard not to. Not talking to them makes no sense. Their stories evolve with your character's story, so it sucks putting them on hold indefinitely. I thought I could just ignore them and keep playing, but it doesn't cut it.

So my Trooper is halted now. Like my Agent. Like my Jugg. Didn't even bother creating my planned Assassin. I know I'll start asking myself the same questions that this thread have asked hundred of times before and been blatantly ignored that many times. After all this time, making up excuses for them it just an exhausting and ungratifying endeavour. They make really hard not to use this thread just to vent frustration and disappointment. Yes, that's what I'm doing
It not only doesn't make sense, I've found it affects the dialogue. Not in dramatic ways, not in "OMG I can't go this route unless I talk to {random}!" ways, just snarky little comments. Vette stands out heavily, as do a few others. Some (Corso and Jorgen...I think) you can't even tell though, which I found odd.

Well I guess extensive use of spacebar is an option, except what's the point of even playing if I can't pay attention to the sole (sort of) unique element to SWTOR...the story?