Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still no dueling area on the fleet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Still no dueling area on the fleet?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RyanReagan
10.09.2012 , 11:35 AM | #11
i don't want it in the middle of the fleet where it would cause lag.

I think it should be in the VIP area. No one is EVER there.

Or, as others stated, put a terminal and all the vendors on Ilum and Outlaw's Den. Right now, if you are a lvl 50 PvP'er, you are parked near the terminal all the time. Why would you need to go anywhere else? Run over, hit up the GTN... Then back to the terminal.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

UGLYMRJ
10.09.2012 , 11:41 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
The VIP section of the fleet is just ASKING to be a dueling area. Make it so!

1m credits and boom you can go upstairs and duel while waiting for things to happen. Fun fun fun.
Seriously... we were talking about this recently too. The VIP area is pretty much useless. No one is ever up there and they never added content to the vendors since... well.... ever....

At least I don't think so... I haven't been up there in months. But if there was a dueling area, I would be up there constantly. I think it would need some redesign tho. It would be too easy to knock someone off, even tho that could be a fun aspect and it would become a cluster 'muck' of people piled into one small area.

I'd like to see a quick loading area on fleet that has a observer area. So people can watch duels even if they don't participate. Multiple areas, an area that is on separate instances so you can load in as you please with anyone in group or guild and then some main dueling areas where you would actually have to queue to compete. Wait your turn and become the challenger and give it a competitive king of the hill of duels kinda feel.

Of course... just ideas. But this is what I would like to see.

Boyana
10.09.2012 , 11:45 AM | #13
Oh, would be nice if we could place bets!
"Hick! Gimme on that one..that..that boounty...bounty hulker...hunter!"

cycao
10.09.2012 , 11:57 AM | #14
Just make another ship like the ziost shadow or where ever you go for operations and make it a dueling area.

RyanReagan
10.09.2012 , 03:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Just make another ship like the ziost shadow or where ever you go for operations and make it a dueling area.
that is also a good idea.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Setsugetsuka
10.10.2012 , 08:02 AM | #16
Quote:
Seriously... we were talking about this recently too. The VIP area is pretty much useless. No one is ever up there and they never added content to the vendors since... well.... ever....
Pshaw, I'm always heading up there, just so I can walk along the ledge on the outer edges, then jump off and fall down to where there are groups of people down below. Makes Fleet slightly interesting, seeing a random person falling and dying right in front of you. xD

AllisonBerryman
10.10.2012 , 09:27 AM | #17 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We had some word from Jesse Sky on this a while back (post here). He mentioned that dueling is disabled on the Fleets right now due to potential performance issues. Adding a specific Fleet dueling area may be possible in the future (and it's a great suggestion!), but it's not in our immediate plans.

Rogean
10.10.2012 , 09:32 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We had some word from Jesse Sky on this a while back (post here). He mentioned that dueling is disabled on the Fleets right now due to potential performance issues. Adding a specific Fleet dueling area may be possible in the future (and it's a great suggestion!), but it's not in our immediate plans.
Allow it in your ship hangars then, or in the training dummy areas.

TUXs
10.10.2012 , 09:35 AM | #19
Not what we wanted to hear, but a nice honest reply. THANK YOU!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Apaolo
10.10.2012 , 10:12 AM | #20
Considering your game engine is a joke, and a full fleet creates enough latency as is, it's really a bad suggestion.

Those who PvP, understand this. The better alternative would be to use a Legacy unlock to shuttle to/from a planet for such combat, and far away from the Fleet as possible.