Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

denpic
10.10.2012 , 12:21 AM | #481
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
LOL at that response by Bioware.

Check out the below, for an example of how to communicate with your subscribers (note that GW2 is F2P):

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...d-pvp-iceberg/
That's just them detailing their pvp it's not really communication with their customers about contentious issues
Like what where requesting here also love that last line more pew pew less qq
If a bioware employee said that everyone would be out with flaming torches and pitch forks
And there would be thread after thread demanding him to be sacked.

A update would be nice regarding this issue but honestly I can't see anything happening until f2p goes live

Mjollnir
10.10.2012 , 12:56 AM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
So, from this we can assume you have decided to do nothing, as you value your potential customers you don't have yet more than the paying ones you have right now. Or, more likely, that you do in fact want to close down the APAC server and the more people that quit the less hassle it is for you.
I can't believe during those few weeks a decision wasn't made and that you know we won't like it so you simply aren't telling us. I believe there are laws regarding customer service and obligation to provide support for a product like this. Bioware is obviously trying to provide the minimum level of service, in doing so you risk crossing the line and being liable. Ban me if you like, do me the favour of not wasting any more of my time on a company that does not value my patronage.
Fixed.

It's looks as though EA/Bioware believes the potential F2P non-paying customer is more important than current subscribers with the way we are being ignored. We are paying for this game now, and should not have to wait until F2P to receive a crucial solution to the issues our servers are facing.

-Holmes
10.10.2012 , 02:28 AM | #483
Well, one way to think about it, a CSR will be forced to reply one our thread reaches 1000 replies, right? Hopefully at that point they'll realise that they have a lot of pissed off paying customers... and give us something to work with.

randalthorr
10.10.2012 , 03:42 AM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
You also said:

Or, more likely, that you do in fact want to close down the APAC server and the more people that quit the less hassle it is for you.
This....

Statistic:

Customer: CBF paying $15 for this nonsense post game service.
Meaning: This pile of whatever is not worth my $$$
EA Interpretation: Customers unable to pay $, to play this wonderful and amazing game we created for you.

Trend (Hypothetical but possibly a situation EA is driving for:

In a few months, post APAC servers being completely closed.....

Customer: Unsubbed due to piss poor service to oceanics from right before launch to current times.
Meaning: EA deliberately made the game unplayable so we wont take your BS anymore.
EA Interpretation: We found that the APAC region does not have a gaming community strong enough to support the servers that we were willing to provide them with.

APAC Community :
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia

PurpleCliff
10.10.2012 , 04:09 AM | #485
Quote: Originally Posted by randalthorr View Post
This....

Statistic:

Customer: CBF paying $15 for this nonsense post game service.
Meaning: This pile of whatever is not worth my $$$
EA Interpretation: Customers unable to pay $, to play this wonderful and amazing game we created for you.

Trend (Hypothetical but possibly a situation EA is driving for:

In a few months, post APAC servers being completely closed.....

Customer: Unsubbed due to piss poor service to oceanics from right before launch to current times.
Meaning: EA deliberately made the game unplayable so we wont take your BS anymore.
EA Interpretation: We found that the APAC region does not have a gaming community strong enough to support the servers that we were willing to provide them with.

APAC Community :
My worst nightmare.

-Holmes
10.10.2012 , 05:25 AM | #486
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
My worst nightmare.
And sadly, very likely to happen.

lklinga
10.10.2012 , 06:19 AM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
And sadly, very likely to happen.
Guys I am not trying to piss off anyone but did anyone actually considered the fact that there is really not enough people there for the server to be viable ?

I mean sure they could merge the PVE and RP server but that would solve what ? PVP one can not merge with PVE one. I am not sure you would even get such a difference in the populations.

Whatever you think the only chance the APAC region server have is the F2P player influx and that is the only thing they hope for. If that does not fix this they will shut them down it is a business decision you might not like it but if there is not enough people there then it has to be done.
The only way how to save it would be a Chinese server and localized version of client but with all the voice over in the game that is not possible.

[Well a quick and dirty hack like Chinese subtitles would be possible.]

Jarlgon
10.10.2012 , 07:28 AM | #488
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Guys remember when the giant number of servers went dead and peeps started rerolling(but we have too few servers for this to be effective)? It took 4-5 months to get server merges.

We are now entering month 2 for Aussie servers. Got 2 or 3 to go, but by then we'll be REAL dead.
its been 4 - 5 months already since the servers basically crapped themselves and "died"

Mjollnir
10.10.2012 , 07:56 AM | #489
Quote: Originally Posted by lklinga View Post
Guys I am not trying to piss off anyone but did anyone actually considered the fact that there is really not enough people there for the server to be viable ?

I mean sure they could merge the PVE and RP server but that would solve what ? PVP one can not merge with PVE one. I am not sure you would even get such a difference in the populations.

Whatever you think the only chance the APAC region server have is the F2P player influx and that is the only thing they hope for. If that does not fix this they will shut them down it is a business decision you might not like it but if there is not enough people there then it has to be done.
The only way how to save it would be a Chinese server and localized version of client but with all the voice over in the game that is not possible.

[Well a quick and dirty hack like Chinese subtitles would be possible.]
The sad thing is, the servers were well populated once the transfers were enabled. Though due to the location they decided to set up these servers, it worked well for Australia and New Zealand, though the rest of Asia (according to EA / Bioware to only consist of Singapore and Hong Kong) were still better off playing on US servers due to better ping.

Personally I don't see F2P to be successul here. They have managed to kull a thriving community through mismanagement and lack of communication. I really enjoy the game, though I really can't be motivated when I am pretty much forced into a one player game due to a lack of bodies.

It really only comes down to three options:

1) Merge the Oceanic servers into one;
2) Implement cross-server PvP, Flashpoints and Operations; or
3) Shut down the servers and transfer us back to the US.

Although it seems Option 1 is the most favoured, I really don't care myself as long as there is a population. And really, it only comes down to those three options, so I can't understand how the decision can take so long after weeks, let alone months. If they are waiting for F2P to see if the populations increase, they could at least have the balls to say it, rather than handing out disinformation.

gleesho
10.10.2012 , 08:06 AM | #490
This whole situation is an absolute disgrace and embarrassment for BW, to outright ignore and disregard an entire region of paying clients from oceanic servers. The fact this forum post has almost 50 pages and the most they can say is we know there is an issue... yeah no ****, very observant....

However before making any changes to the game BW need to stop creating more issues to fix every time they introduce a patch ie. GTN crashing, white box on the loading screen, character creation screen when logging, ui left in printed on loading screens.

There is so much change that can be made to benefit the game, issues that can be fixed, ideas developed by previous MMO's which lead them to sustain a very successful game lasting up to this date. Changes they are just not making fast enough, its not necessarily what changes they can do but when there going to do them. Everyone is paying money out of there own pocket atm just in hope that BW will do something about it, Whether its transfers or merges something needs to do be done. Most people that play this game enjoy it and dont want to have to find another MMO and work just as hard to get to where some are now.

BW need to stop putting faith in F2P instead of doing whats needed and merging the servers, if you create them to get oceanic off the US in the first place and can merge all those US and euro servers which we watched first hand you can merge the 3 oceanic servers so we can get on with enjoying our gaming experience.

Oh yeah... and bump