Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PuG Behavior in Flashpoints and Kicking


Kemra's Avatar


Kemra
10.09.2012 , 10:24 PM | #21
A few simple rules solves all drama:

Roll need if needed for main spec
Ask if anyone minds if you want to roll need for off spec or companions
Greed if you can't use
Everyone roll need on rare vanity items
Master loot in ops or just don't bother with that group
If a newbie rolls need on something they shouldn't have tell them what they did wrong, if they do it again /ignore so you never get them in another pug. Met a lot of people who play the 'I'm a newb card' a few too many times.

These are the rules of single server grouping to make sure everyone is happy and people get invited back to future ops/groups.

WoW installed in people the 'dosen't matter, its a pug' attitude with cross server grouping and people forgot that pre-cross server those were the loot rules and anyone who didn't follow them soon got a bad reputation and never invited to anything ever again.
Yoda of Borg am I. Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, I will.

Co-GM Dark Hearts, GM Wipes on Trash, Progression team member of Ebony (current), Hard CoR (disbanded) and Suicide Squad (disbanded), no RL since 2012!

Sithcreep's Avatar


Sithcreep
10.10.2012 , 01:23 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TalantMAJR View Post
No, you were not out of line at all, for the reason i put in bold.
Without any defined rules, and once everyone else had voted greed, you were fine.
You could have asked, and they might not have cared at all.
But they said nothing, either.
These are the same people that quit because people don't spacebar (quickly enough).
Forget 'em, be happy they're on ignore.
You couldnt be more wrong. It doesnt matter whether its in a pug or not, the rules are "need" for yourself and "greed" for everything else. I learned that lesson the hard way ages ago on Kaas when I was like lvl 10 ,100% noob with my first char.

Seriously theres nothing more annoying than those ppl that want everything. "I want it for my companion!" So what? Everyone has companions. I normally even pass 95% of the time so other ppl can have it.

Imo theres nothing more embarrassing and undignified than arguing over loot. Same with money btw..

Quote: Originally Posted by Flaminica View Post
Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.
I read this like 10 times and so Im wondering, what the HECK are you talking about?
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkabysslord View Post
Panda ??? who is this Panda U speak of Carl.

Spatology's Avatar


Spatology
10.10.2012 , 02:33 AM | #23
If there is even a question, i suggest greed rolling or asking first. Otherwise you are likely to get the boot.

Also, if everyone else in the group rolls greed on the Bind on Legacy drop that comes out, and you need roll. Dont be suprised if you get booted as well as ignored. If its a high ticket item or a BOE, pay attention to what your group members are doing.

I realize 1 person out of a whole server ignoreing you is really nothing when you think about it. Then again, when you are sitting in the que waiting for a tank, you only have yourself to blame.

Totaltrash's Avatar


Totaltrash
10.10.2012 , 03:14 AM | #24
SWTOR does not have loot rules, STWOR has "need", "greed" and "pass".
When several players choose need or greed, a random roll determines who gets the item.

That's as fair as it can be.

Of course, you could make specific arrangements with your group.
But such arrangements are strictly voluntary and not enforcible.

In my opinion, there should only be "need" and "pass" - simpler is better:

If you want something you use "need" and let the random roll determine if you get it.
It is irrelevant if you can use the item or not - you did the work, so you are entitled to roll for it.

Obergoaschoitl's Avatar


Obergoaschoitl
10.10.2012 , 03:35 AM | #25
If u dont need it for ur main class/specc, jus always ask.

May i need for second specc/second gear or alt..

But i would never kick someone who needs after all have greeded.
I would beg him to ask in future..

POPsi's Avatar


POPsi
10.10.2012 , 03:58 AM | #26
in ops it is master looter and /roll, works great.

Sithcreep's Avatar


Sithcreep
10.10.2012 , 04:25 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Obergoaschoitl View Post
If u dont need it for ur main class/specc, jus always ask.

May i need for second specc/second gear or alt..

But i would never kick someone who needs after all have greeded.
I would beg him to ask in future..
Imo its stupid to even ask that question, since everyone has a bunch of companions, so what makes you think you should get it and not someone else? Thats just beyond me. I would never ever do something like that. Only once I just hit 400 biochem and wanted to craft that reusable rakata stuff and needed that Biometric Crystal Alloy, so I offered everyone payment if they passed. I would never expect them to pass for no compensation whatsoever. Thats just so darn selfish.

Its really beyond me how people can be so self-centered. But judging from my every day experience not only in-game but in real life too, I suppose most people actually are.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkabysslord View Post
Panda ??? who is this Panda U speak of Carl.

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
10.10.2012 , 06:02 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithcreep View Post
Imo its stupid to even ask that question, since everyone has a bunch of companions, so what makes you think you should get it and not someone else? Thats just beyond me. I would never ever do something like that. Only once I just hit 400 biochem and wanted to craft that reusable rakata stuff and needed that Biometric Crystal Alloy, so I offered everyone payment if they passed. I would never expect them to pass for no compensation whatsoever. Thats just so darn selfish.

Its really beyond me how people can be so self-centered. But judging from my every day experience not only in-game but in real life too, I suppose most people actually are.
I agree with you but if you really want something asking is the safest way to go about it without ensuing any drama. I tbh agree with you, everyone has companions and apart from solo questing companions are never necessary therefore needing anything for companions seem ridiculous to me as well but I let it slide in groups if someone needs something for companion so long as he/she asks up front
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Darev's Avatar


Darev
10.10.2012 , 06:57 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithcreep View Post
You couldnt be more wrong. It doesnt matter whether its in a pug or not, the rules are "need" for yourself and "greed" for everything else. I learned that lesson the hard way ages ago on Kaas when I was like lvl 10 ,100% noob with my first char.

Seriously theres nothing more annoying than those ppl that want everything. "I want it for my companion!" So what? Everyone has companions. I normally even pass 95% of the time so other ppl can have it.

Imo theres nothing more embarrassing and undignified than arguing over loot. Same with money btw..



Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.


I read this like 10 times and so Im wondering, what the HECK are you talking about?


Alan Rickman (and three others) English comedy routine. it's actually pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lb-2VaJYPw

Ifrica's Avatar


Ifrica
10.10.2012 , 08:12 AM | #30
A companion is part of your character
anyways, if they make a fuss about a blue 22 mod, then they are silly, you can buy those for 2k on the GTN.
TOFN - EU PVP
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Talibram Snowdrifter - Marauder
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD