Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DropbearSW
10.09.2012 , 03:32 PM | #471
free to play will not fix the population issues for level 50 players
Master Dar'Nala
Talon (50 Sorc), Psi-Ko (50 Mara), Mash (50 Op)
<BOSS>

Roalmo
10.09.2012 , 04:32 PM | #472
Guys remember when the giant number of servers went dead and peeps started rerolling(but we have too few servers for this to be effective)? It took 4-5 months to get server merges.

We are now entering month 2 for Aussie servers. Got 2 or 3 to go, but by then we'll be REAL dead.

sankalp
10.09.2012 , 04:51 PM | #473

aussie servers came out in what was it...april?

Evgen
10.09.2012 , 05:50 PM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

As a reminder, please remember to follow forum guidelines within this thread.

Thank you.
You also said:
Quote:
Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.
So, from this we can assume you have decided to do nothing, as you value your potential customers you don't have yet more than the paying ones you have right now. Or, more likely, that you do in fact want to close down the APAC server and the more people that quit the less hassle it is for you.
I can't believe during those few days a decision wasn't made and that you know we won't like it so you simply aren't telling us. I believe there are laws regarding customer service and obligation to provide support for a product like this. Bioware is obviously trying to provide the minimum level of service, in doing so you risk crossing the line and being liable. Ban me if you like, do me the favour of not wasting any more of my time on a company that does not value my patronage.

sankalp
10.09.2012 , 07:14 PM | #475
At this point I dont care what the solution is as long as there is a solution.

I will transfer to US servers and play untill it becomes crap due to ping etc, I will play on the merged server regardless of if it is pvp/pve/rp. I will do practically anything to make this game better as long as I get more people to play with as with the current pop on MDN, I think only 2 guilds are even attemption 16M and as a person who loves endgame raiding I would like to be able to do 16M hm tfb, which is pretty impossible at this time.

I dont care what BW does, as long as it does someting, or tell us they wont do anything and then I can make proper decision if it is worth investing more time into this. If BW come and say we wont get a merger/transfer then that is fine too, but this "Unfortunately we have no new info" is ********.

Why do you have no new info? What did you do in the 3 weeks about this issue? Was it discussed and no consensus was reached? Were you too bust getting 1.4.1 that you did not get the time to review this matter? is there another scheduled meeting "Soon" where this will be on the agenda? Has BW and EA given up on this? Do they realize this will have impact beyond TOR as I for one am willing to give up on EA/BW games completely.

Evgen
10.09.2012 , 07:30 PM | #476
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
Why do you have no new info? What did you do in the 3 weeks about this issue? Was it discussed and no consensus was reached? Were you too bust getting 1.4.1 that you did not get the time to review this matter? is there another scheduled meeting "Soon" where this will be on the agenda? Has BW and EA given up on this? Do they realize this will have impact beyond TOR as I for one am willing to give up on EA/BW games completely.
There is no real question anymore.
They either have decided to ignore us totally, or they have decided to do nothing.
Either way they have told us they do not value us as customers.
This isn't rocket science. There is nothing to figure out after 3 weeks on their side. The response from Joveth is a stall tactic. If they were planning to do something they would have told us. They would have given us an idea of what is coming with a vague time line, but they can't even do that so they are planning to do nothing in the foreseeable future. Apparently having a selection of servers for possible customers a few months from now that may or may nor pay them any money are more valuable than you and I. many of us who have pre-ordered and have been paying ever since.
My subscription for myself and my 2 sons have been cancelled though. Vote with your wallet. No truer words can be said. Fill in the "Why you are leaving" section with your dismay about being ignored and taken for granted as a paying customer.

PurpleCliff
10.09.2012 , 09:46 PM | #477
Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

Thank you.
Disappointed it took so long to get this, but I don't want to underestimate my joy that you at least posted SOMETHING. I am now slightly less aggro.

sankalp
10.09.2012 , 10:55 PM | #478
used your threat drop??

I am still freaking building threat.

/darkcharge

Bocek
10.09.2012 , 11:27 PM | #479
Hi folks,

Thank you.
So that evaluation in the next few days never happened? Or it did, and the decision was something we would like so your just going to sit on it and drop in on us last minute. Pretty standard procedure from you guys.
Arali - Sorcerer Chalka - Powertech
Bocek - Juggernaut
<Mecrosa Order> - Sith Empire - Dalborra

iheartnyc
10.09.2012 , 11:35 PM | #480
LOL at that response by Bioware.

Check out the below, for an example of how to communicate with your subscribers (note that GW2 is F2P):

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...d-pvp-iceberg/