Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Valor Points

Beniboybling
10.09.2012 , 02:28 PM | #1
How exactly do they work? I always find that by valor points bar reaches full and then stays there for a long time before finally going up to the next lvl seemingly randomly. And then fills really quick again and repeats the process.

Is this normal? From what exactly do I gain valour points?

cycao
10.09.2012 , 02:29 PM | #2
Your valor rank cannot exceed your current level. The only way to gain valor is in warzones.

Apaolo
10.09.2012 , 02:31 PM | #3
It only maxes to you character level, once you hit 50, it can max to 100.

In short, if you're level 35, the max valor you can have is 35, until you hit 36...and so on, and so on.

Mancer
10.09.2012 , 02:32 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Your valor rank cannot exceed your current level. The only way to gain valor is in warzones.
Until you hit level 50. Then it is on to WZ to WZ to tears.
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

Apaolo
10.09.2012 , 02:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
The only way to gain valor is in warzones.
They remove valor from Ilum kills? Did not know this. I know you can still grab the valor buff from Ilum.

Ghostuka
10.09.2012 , 02:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Apaolo View Post
They remove valor from Ilum kills? Did not know this. I know you can still grab the valor buff from Ilum.
Ilum kills still give you valor gain message. I did not test if it actually increase, but the buffs as well as the notification you get from each kill still is there
Kánn - Tarděs - Gěn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

UGLYMRJ
10.09.2012 , 02:35 PM | #7
One thing a lot of people seem to not realize though is that even though it maxes at your current level... it DOES stack. So don't feel like that valor is going to waste. The valor earned will carry on into your next level.

Ghostuka
10.09.2012 , 02:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
One thing a lot of people seem to not realize though is that even though it maxes at your current level... it DOES stack. So don't feel like that valor is going to waste. The valor earned will carry on into your next level.
I don't think that is true.
Kánn - Tarděs - Gěn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

Mancer
10.09.2012 , 02:40 PM | #9
I have never seen this officially quoted anywhere but after leveling 4 toons to 50, the valor sure seems to fly by pretty damn fast. I would hit 35 and after 1 or 2 wins it seems my valor bar is almost full again.
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

Morpurgo
10.09.2012 , 02:57 PM | #10
Sorry but this is bullcrap.
Cake is a lie, there is only pie. Through pie, I gain calories.
Through calories, I gain bodyfat. Through bodyfat, I gain weight.
Through weight, my social life is broken.
The Thighmaster shall free me.