Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The PvP after 1.4 is AMAZING

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The PvP after 1.4 is AMAZING

RogueNights's Avatar


RogueNights
10.09.2012 , 12:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
What you say is true.
And yes i can imagine that there is people who play the game for 5-6 hours a day..
But.
The point is that such a «maniacs» are minority. And swtor to be successful have to have a lot of casual players.
The «hardcore maniacs» subscriptions will not cover the expenses to run such a MMO game..

And what do we have with current PvP system? That being a usual casual player who can spend on game no more than 4-5 hrs a WEEK you are forced to suffer for over a month of misery as a fresh 50lvl player. So people are leaving this game. Read the statistics:
December, 2011 - 2,2mln subscribers
February, 2012 - 1.9mln
April, 2012 - 1.6mln
June, 2012 - 1.2mln
August, 2012 - 1.0mln
September, 2012 - 0.9mln
October 2012 - 0.64mln
How does someone get so confused... if you don't know something you can't just make it up and state it as fact.

Serious players are the majority in this game right now. You may not think they are in your mind... and I am not sure what can be done for this. Haven't all subscription mmo's started to shed casual subs at an alarming rate in recent times, so much that the market strategy is shifting to free to play? Ring a bell?

Which brings me to my second point. This game is going Free 2 play, where by definition the hardcore maniac players tend to pay for everyone else... and if bioware could get the serious players w/ out the freeloaders in this model, they definitely would..

Also i know everyone has stated this a million times in other threads, there is another reason you are getting beat though if you only play once a week. Its skill, this game may not have quite as high a cap as some, it is still substantial though.. Think about games that are completely balanced (no gear) say halo, or a typical fps or fighter, or guild wars, someone who plays daily will absolutely beat someone who plays casually. Am just saying people tend to blame gear in this game for some reason, logically speaking though if they removed geared new players will still get obliterated. I speak from experience here, i play guild wars fair gear pvp casually and regularly get obliterated by serious players.

Also look at the bright side, when f2p comes you'll have a second chance to gear up your 50 painlessly.
Yanny - Assassin LVL 50 - Drooga's Pleasure Barge, Veebo Lunx

Missandei's Avatar


Missandei
10.09.2012 , 12:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RogueNights View Post
Also look at the bright side, when f2p comes you'll have a second chance to gear up your 50 painlessly.
...that is doubtful because F2p-eers will be allowed to do only one WZ per day..

Im not complaining about my experience.
I have full custom minmaxed WH augmented Shadow, Full BM aug maxed Jugg and half BM geared Gunslinger..
(I also have «chapter 3» vanguard, but i dont like the playstyle so he is left in mid 40`s.. )

What i say is that i can understand people who are become frustrated in 50lvl PvP...
The simple solution, that dont break any of the mechanics is to make WZ grouping PREFERABLY by Valor level.
So if it is alot of people queuing, make the groups the roughly same Valor tier..
If there is not enough ppl to make High Valor level group, only then groups have to be made as it now..
It is simple..
The Valor tiers should be:
1. 50-60 lvl
2. 60-100lvl.

upon reaching 60lvl you definitely will have the enough WZ coms to be full BM geared even if you lose all the matches...

Once again - my main argument is: If it is shameful to kill the 20-30lvl people on Tatoine with your 50lvl toon, why is it legit to kill Recruit geared people with your WH augmented one?
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Lionflash's Avatar


Lionflash
10.09.2012 , 12:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Once again - my main argument is: If it is shameful to kill the 20-30lvl people on Tatoine with your 50lvl toon, why is it legit to kill Recruit geared people with your WH augmented one?
LvL 30s can't even hit a lvl 50 (Miss -- Miss -- Dodge -- Miss)

I can still do some good damage with my Gunslinger in Recruit. It is, however, a lot easier to PVP post 49 with a ranged DPS as I'm not in the mix getting focused and destroyed.

Ghostuka's Avatar


Ghostuka
10.09.2012 , 01:13 PM | #24
Currently the gear gap is not that bad from what I hear. Recruit MK-2 (someone correct me if I am wrong) gives as much hp as a BM set would, if not more, and it also has 1000 expertise. Considering this is free to any fresh 50, the gear gap is quite insignificant. Any less gap, and they may remove gear completely. Notice, the word "remove gear" instead of making it free for everyone.

I don't agree gear makes that much of a difference now. It has its effect, but not something to waste anytime worrying about it as far as I am concerned. I like the current system as long as gear is what we are discussing.
Kánn - Tarděs - Gěn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

PlagaNerezza's Avatar


PlagaNerezza
10.09.2012 , 01:51 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
Stun OK, interrupt no. Good operatives do not rely on big heals to stay up.

Even if you stun the hell outta him, if you do it early he will roflchopper at your face when he gets outa stun with 30% hp and proceed to spam his thing. If you want to keep your stun until he reaches 30%, well good luck taking a good operative to 30% without stunning him. Its a catch-22.

PS: Xerain is the most clueless players ive ever saw, and once i got into a WZ with him i loled even more because he cant touch me, imagine a good geared healing OP. Clueless FOTM wannabe PvP hero is clueless.
Smash places alot of pressure on guard. Root and snare the tank and pull the healer. Sin tanks closing is not as good as leap. Roots and snares and interrupts. Don't fill the resolve. Something helpful.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

chisaineko's Avatar


chisaineko
10.09.2012 , 05:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
Awesome!
Full BM gear is cost 12475 commendation.
Average WZ will grant you 85 commendation (50% win-lose ratio)
12475/85 = 147 matches.
one match = ~12min + 2-3 min for Que to pop.. = 15min.

4 matches per hour.
Presumably you need sleep for at least 7 hours.
17*4 = 68 matches per day.
136 matches for 2 days without brakes for piss or eat..

You are a really devoted player.. lol..
But there is a lot of just normal people playing this game..
And that gets you to full BM.. which is enough to be a decent target for anyone wearing augmented war hero. This is the same problem that WoW had, where those with great armor could ignore everyone not in great armor. When a class can go 1v2 there is a problem. When a class is considered dead weight by everyone else...

Don't get me wrong, min/maxing is what makes the game fun for people who play lots... but the new player shouldn't be entirely useless for more than 200 matches to get some war hero armor.

Chisaineko

Black-Cell's Avatar


Black-Cell
10.09.2012 , 07:41 PM | #27
[QUOTE=Laforet;5259012]Stun OK, interrupt no. Good operatives do not rely on big heals to stay up.

Even if you stun the hell outta him, if you do it early he will roflchopper at your face when he gets outa stun with 30% hp and proceed to spam his thing. If you want to keep your stun until he reaches 30%, well good luck taking a good operative to 30% without stunning him. Its a catch-22.

PS: Xerain is the most clueless players ive ever saw, and once i got into a WZ with him i loled even more because he cant touch me, imagine a good geared healing OP. Clueless FOTM wannabe PvP hero is clueless.[/

Hmm

warultima's Avatar


warultima
10.09.2012 , 08:26 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by chisaineko View Post
And that gets you to full BM.. which is enough to be a decent target for anyone wearing augmented war hero. This is the same problem that WoW had, where those with great armor could ignore everyone not in great armor. When a class can go 1v2 there is a problem. When a class is considered dead weight by everyone else...

Don't get me wrong, min/maxing is what makes the game fun for people who play lots... but the new player shouldn't be entirely useless for more than 200 matches to get some war hero armor.

Chisaineko
When you are ignored in full BM by the WH and you fail to kill him. The problem is not the gear here, it's YOU.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

MusicRider's Avatar


MusicRider
10.10.2012 , 06:06 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
...that is doubtful because F2p-eers will be allowed to do only one WZ per day..

Im not complaining about my experience.
I have full custom minmaxed WH augmented Shadow, Full BM aug maxed Jugg and half BM geared Gunslinger..
(I also have «chapter 3» vanguard, but i dont like the playstyle so he is left in mid 40`s.. )

What i say is that i can understand people who are become frustrated in 50lvl PvP...
The simple solution, that dont break any of the mechanics is to make WZ grouping PREFERABLY by Valor level.
So if it is alot of people queuing, make the groups the roughly same Valor tier..
If there is not enough ppl to make High Valor level group, only then groups have to be made as it now..
It is simple..
The Valor tiers should be:
1. 50-60 lvl
2. 60-100lvl.

upon reaching 60lvl you definitely will have the enough WZ coms to be full BM geared even if you lose all the matches...

Once again - my main argument is: If it is shameful to kill the 20-30lvl people on Tatoine with your 50lvl toon, why is it legit to kill Recruit geared people with your WH augmented one?
What kind of parallerism is this? A 30 can't even hit a 50. Firstly come tactics and knowledge of the classes and then gear.

MusicRider's Avatar


MusicRider
10.10.2012 , 06:09 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by chisaineko View Post
And that gets you to full BM.. which is enough to be a decent target for anyone wearing augmented war hero. This is the same problem that WoW had, where those with great armor could ignore everyone not in great armor. When a class can go 1v2 there is a problem. When a class is considered dead weight by everyone else...

Don't get me wrong, min/maxing is what makes the game fun for people who play lots... but the new player shouldn't be entirely useless for more than 200 matches to get some war hero armor.

Chisaineko
NO single player of any class can go against two regardless of gear, unless these two are noobs. If you were in the pack of two, well...